• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokemon xy animating sprites

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Excellent job my good man =u=d do you know when the Shiny versions will be available by chance?

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
I think that they should be resized and adjusted to the same dimensions. Because its a little jarring otherwise. But I do really like what you have done!

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
All the sprites being different sizes are not what makes the unusable, what makes them unusable is the fact that the backsprites have been doubled in size and RMXP struggles with loading the GIF files. I originally did this with Pillars when using these sprites and they would lag to the point where RMXP's game window would restart itself because it timed out.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
See up static png has been uploaded.

They do not have to be static. I use .PNG for Pillars and still have animation.

Spoiler:

That being said, this is still a great resource for those who want to try it or for those who are not using RPG Maker and the static versions are great if you don't feel like you need animated ones.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 24, 2017
They do not have to be static. I use .PNG for Pillars and still have animation.

Spoiler:

That being said, this is still a great resource for those who want to try it or for those who are not using RPG Maker and the static versions are great if you don't feel like you need animated ones.

well i make this type of png but it is not animating but it shows all of sprites.sorry for bad english

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
It takes some scripting to make it animated, my point was that you can make usable .PNG files to animate if you wanted to go through the trouble.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
well i make this type of png but it is not animating but it shows all of sprites.sorry for bad english

Lol, you don't really expect to just plug in any format of image file, and it to work the way you want, without telling it how? Anyway, as someone who experienced the pain of getting that type of PNG format into the game, I can tell you that it's troublesome. The initial part of getting them to animate throughout the idle phases of the battle system is simple. The (attack) animation player is a whole different story: yuck.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Lol, you don't really expect to just plug in any format of image file, and it to work the way you want, without telling it how? Anyway, as someone who experienced the pain of getting that type of PNG format into the game, I can tell you that it's troublesome. The initial part of getting them to animate throughout the idle phases of the battle system is simple. The (attack) animation player is a whole different story: yuck.

I think animated .pngs would work a lot better.

Yeah... it was a nightmare and Luka did the lifting to get it to work for Pillars. I was merely suggesting how it can be done so the resources could be made if someone thinks they could script something to get it working then there would be resources for it.

If you do not mind the lag, then use the zoom function in ruby to re-size the sprites and it will cut a good amount of lag down. At least enough to stop the halting of RMXP when loading the GIF files. Then you don't have to resize any of the GIFs and the lag you get is just a brief hang up while attacks are being made.

That option is the easiest other than just not using animated sprites and it is significantly less work than trying to get the PNG files to animate correctly. Luka was chatting with me about it trying to get it to work and it took a ton of trial and error before it was working how it needed to and even then the animations to not play flawlessly within a battle (they flicker on attacks).

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
One of the bigger problems that I have with this, is that some of the legendary "sprites" are way too small. I would resize them, but whenever I use ezgif and use the combination resizer of coalsece and whatever the 2nd one is, I get black boxes appearing on animating frames. Also, if I use the 2nd option the sprite does not appear at all.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 24, 2017
One of the bigger problems that I have with this, is that some of the legendary "sprites" are way too small. I would resize them, but whenever I use ezgif and use the combination resizer of coalsece and whatever the 2nd one is, I get black boxes appearing on animating frames. Also, if I use the 2nd option the sprite does not appear at all.
can you please give me images of that error and which legendary pokemon

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Here they are

This is the one that actually works when it comes to resizing, the first option they give you makes the animated sprite all jittery and looks just bad, but it works. The 2nd option they give you... doesn't let the sprite appear in game:
Spoiler:

This image may have very pertinent information that may be useful:
Spoiler:

This is when the sprite is flickering:
Spoiler:

This is one frame where it isn't flickering:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 24, 2017
Here they are

This is the one that actually works when it comes to resizing, the first option they give you makes the animated sprite all jittery and looks just bad, but it works. The 2nd option they give you... doesn't let the sprite appear in game:
Spoiler:

This image may have very pertinent information that may be useful:
Spoiler:

This is when the sprite is flickering:
Spoiler:

This is one frame where it isn't flickering:
Spoiler:
Biggest problem is that the internet gif resizer does not allow you to change the colour channel and rpgmaker does not fully support indexed colour and not above 200x200 pixels.I also tried internet for resizing but most of images forms black thing some does not appear.but when i change those sprite to rbg colour any of the problem does not came.Ok your kyurem i have fixed and it is in the attachment.
If you wanted to resize sprite follow these steps:-
1.Download tool called ASEPRITE v0.9.5 which help you to Resize in nearest neighbor and change colour channels ,etc.It is the best tools for gif.Now download beneton movie gif and xnveiw
2.Open the image in aseprite and a box while come having button like convert to rgb,keep indexed,cancel click on convert to rgb
3.now go to sprite then sprite resize then in method select nearest neighbor and type your resizing option means in percentage type 200 to both and press ok.
4.your image is resize and now save it.
5.Now open it with xnveiw and see the whole animation.if any frame shows colour different open it with beneton movie gif
6.now remove the frame which are have colour changes and then save.
7.now again open it with aseprite and again covert it to rgb and save it.
8.Your resizing is done.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Biggest problem is that the internet gif resizer does not allow you to change the colour channel and rpgmaker does not fully support indexed colour and not above 200x200 pixels.I also tried internet for resizing but most of images forms black thing some does not appear.but when i change those sprite to rbg colour any of the problem does not came.Ok your kyurem i have fixed and it is in the attachment.
If you wanted to resize sprite follow these steps:-
1.Download tool called ASEPRITE v0.9.5 which help you to Resize in nearest neighbor and change colour channels ,etc.It is the best tools for gif.Now download beneton movie gif and xnveiw
2.Open the image in aseprite and a box while come having button like convert to rgb,keep indexed,cancel click on convert to rgb
3.now go to sprite then sprite resize then in method select nearest neighbor and type your resizing option means in percentage type 200 to both and press ok.
4.your image is resize and now save it.
5.Now open it with xnveiw and see the whole animation.if any frame shows colour different open it with beneton movie gif
6.now remove the frame which are have colour changes and then save.
7.now again open it with aseprite and again covert it to rgb and save it.
8.Your resizing is done.

Alright thanks a lot :D that really helps out a lot ^^ most of the legendaries are quite small... very small in fact XD so that is why I am trying to resize a lot these. But thanks a lot!

Back