• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Mabye a dark knight.
But I got to say its hard to believe he will become grass/dark, he is such a cute and jolly pokemon.
And except Inaky I can't think of a cute pokemon who became dark type.
As you said grass/steel is a great combination(only one weakness), with grass/dark he would have seven!(poison, flying, bug, fighting, fairy, ice, fire). In a case of grass/dak I hope the dream world abilities will stay and he will get thick fat or something else which will remove some of his weaknesses.
Maybe it's Mega Will have thick fat.

But yeah I agree Grass/Steel is a much better combo. Even with the changes to the type chart it still has only one weakness. Imagine a thickfat Grass/Steel...one will be glad that Chespin became fat lol (if it's evolution and Mega are fat still that is).

Years
I'm thinking it'll be defensive...but I'm not quite sure what to make of it's attack...a Paladin however is usually strong too...so maybe it'll have high or at least decent attack. Speed...I think it'll be slow...

TortimerTheGrey

The Digital Sage of Gaming
Years
I am definitely going with Chespin the first time through. I fell in love with the little guy when he was first revealed and even though his official middle evo caught me a bit by surprise I think it is really growing on me too. Excited to see what the final stage and typing will be!

Years
when I saw Braixen for the first time, I got to admit that I didn't like it that much and I was thinking of choosing Froakie instead. But Braixen really grew on me and I love it so much now. :) Can't wait to see the final evos!

Years
I'm thinking it'll be defensive...but I'm not quite sure what to make of it's attack...a Paladin however is usually strong too...so maybe it'll have high or at least decent attack. Speed...I think it'll be slow...

I've got the bet that Chespin's line will be the slowest of the starters, but have the best defenses with some good physical attacking power thrown in. Fennekin's will probably be in the middle as far as Speed goes, but having glass cannon defenses (like most Fire-types) and being primarily a special attacker. Froakie's definitely going to be the speedster this gen with mixed attacking stats, it's time that we had a fast Water starter.

The middle evos are further showing my theory could be true.

OmegaTL

Time Lord
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
I love them all but I want every Pokémon in my first run to be fire-type, and so I'll be choosing Fennekin and Charmander.

Years
I've got the bet that Chespin's line will be the slowest of the starters, but have the best defenses with some good physical attacking power thrown in. Fennekin's will probably be in the middle as far as Speed goes, but having glass cannon defenses (like most Fire-types) and being primarily a special attacker. Froakie's definitely going to be the speedster this gen with mixed attacking stats, it's time that we had a fast Water starter.

The middle evos are further showing my theory could be true.
I have the same theory. though I do see Fennekin being quite fast but not as fast as I see Froakie being. So Fennekin may end up like Alakazam...a fragile special sweeper...

ProjectMisfit

The fear of an inconceivable ending.
Years
All three look badass! I'll probably manage to trade for the other two, but until I do, I started with fire starters, I'll keep it going with fire starters. Plus it's bloody adorable! Fennekin is where I'm going.

Mudkip Whirlpool

Mudkip Will Atack
Years
Although I always choose water type pokemon after seeing the evolutions I don't think that they are that great. But after seeing Chespin's evolution Quilladin's ability to learn Aerial Ace, Mud Shot, and Roll Out it's a great way to match up with fire moves and attacks.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I am MOST curious to see what Chespin becomes. And Grass has more weaknesses, I like to challenge myself in pokemon.

Yambo

Power Seeker
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2019
Im definietly picking Froakie as my first starter not sure about the kanto starter since i like Charmander evolution chain the most but i really wanna use a Pyroar!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 30, 2016
Same as you Yambo, but ao contraire, im certain about charmander, to me, that charizard mega evolution is a must have, im undecided on the new guys, im inclined to froakie so far...
im not getting fennekin because i want to catch a ninetales with drought and that psychic attack that i forgot the name, wich would be redundant with fennekin on the team, considering the speculations are correct.
sorry for my bad english btw.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
the only starter whose final evolution is the most unclear is definitely chespin/quilladin and i bet it would be the most surprising and awesome when it is finally revealed.

my head goes for the seemingly solid froakie but heart goes to chespin

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Yeah, not to mention they can easily pull a Samurott again. :p I do have a feeling that Chespin's final evolution will look epic, and if it looks similar to some of the fan art I've seen (which, while made before-hand, shares similarities with Quilladin even now), then yeah, there are good things ahead. :p

As long as they don't somehow make the last evolution for Froakie look terrible, I'm happy. ^^

Years

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
Years
Chespin's mid evolution looks terrible to me but at the same time looks like it could become something good. If there's a drastic jump as there was from Charmeleon > Charizard, Wartortle > Blastoise or Grotle > Torterra we could be in for a treat. I just hope it's offensive rather than fat and bulky, it loses it's plumpness and doesn't look goofy.

I was kind of disappointed to see Fennekin go to 2 leg standing, it reminds me of a witch or fairy now which I don't like. I much preferred the idea that it was going to be some sort of elegant but powerful fox, the first fire starter to end up standing permanently on all fours.

Froakie's evolution is just average, it kind of reminds of Mudkip though but I hope it doesn't end up anything like Swampert because that thing used to freak me out on PBR. It's quite slender which is good, I hope it ends up looking like a ninja toad

But it won't...

Mid evolutions of starters are always the worst, to put the new ones in a list among others I would say

1. Croconaw 2. Wartortle 3. Prinplup 4. Frogadier 5. Dewott 6. Marshtomp

1. Charmeleon 2. Monferno 3. Quilava 4. Braixen 5. Combusken 6. Pignite

1. Grovyle 2. Ivysaur 3. Bayleef 4. Grotle 5. Quilladin 6. Servine

and for 1st stages

1. Squirtle 2. Totodile 3. Froakie 4. Mudkip 5. Piplup 6. Oshawott

1. Charmander 2. Fennekin 3. Tepig 4. Cyndaquil 5. Torchic 6. Chimchar

1. Bulbasaur 2. Treecko 3. Chespin 4. Turtwig 5. Snivy 6. Chikorita

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
THe thing with Fennekin is people would have complained that it was a copypaste of Vulpix and Ninetale if it had stayed on 4 legs. I like the witch theme tho it looks different than the Kyubi fox. Froakie final evo could end up like this.
Frog.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back