• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] (Δ) HOLON mythos (δ) [M] [OOC + SU]

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
Years
Awesome joint-post guys. I was impressed. As I read it, I could clearly see the scene and story. It was nearly a manga. //thumbs up//

Last edited:

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Quality over quantity, dear Nyx friend~
Yeah, it's over 4000 words, but what should matter more is the fact that Drake, Nyx and Delilah all had a decent share of development already~ :3

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I have finished off Seth, if you want anything to be fixed just tell me. I'm really unsure if I did the pokemon's section 100% I may have left some stuff out just give me a hollah if I have ;)

EDIT I almost forgot, reference pictures, I have them ranging from all different types of landscapes. Also I don't own them I've just discovered them and bookmarked them because these things come in handy for RP's and Fanfics. Most of them aren't very useful right now for this because of the type of RP and I have no clue what areas are upcoming.

tumblr_n0e2bjKOfP1rgyw5zo1_500.jpg
tumblr_n0e2bjKOfP1rgyw5zo3_500.jpg

tumblr_n0e2bjKOfP1rgyw5zo2_500.jpg
tumblr_n0e2bjKOfP1rgyw5zo4_500.jpg

Chalifoux

Years
PS: your second post can now be off the ship if you please.

There is no real spot reservation system, nor is there a deadline. However there is only 1 spot left, so its whoever gets in first really. No pressure! :D

Err... No?
I'm not sure if Snivy told you so, but people /cannot/ make a post in an area (i.e where you disembark) whose layout is not available yet. And I can't let people post without knowing what they should see, or what should happen because, otherwise, they'd just roam aimlessly and make a mess by assuming what Holon looks like without verifocation.

So tl;dr, you don't post offboard until the first area is posted~

Lastly @Cosmic, well, pretty much what Nyx said. No rush :3

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
is there a slot yet.
since im going on a trip tomorrow i'm going to write my profile when i come back so pm me with the info to register on the roleplay ok cuz when i come back i might forget what it needs to register. Also my trip will long at least 15 or 16 days so... nothing more to say!

Chalifoux

Years
I have finished off Seth, if you want anything to be fixed just tell me. I'm really unsure if I did the pokemon's section 100% I may have left some stuff out just give me a hollah if I have ;)

EDIT I almost forgot, reference pictures, I have them ranging from all different types of landscapes. Also I don't own them I've just discovered them and bookmarked them because these things come in handy for RP's and Fanfics. Most of them aren't very useful right now for this because of the type of RP and I have no clue what areas are upcoming.

Yummy~
Although what Snivy meant for "reference" was pictures that could give him a better image of what a character's overall full body looks like ;3

Still, niiiice.

Also, is anyone having some connection issues with TitanPad, or is it just me and TSM? Cause my Titanpad seems to freeze up and disconnects when we're trying to write the post D:

DerpPad, you mean? so clever mehehehehehehehe
It's slightly unstable but, it's still better than most other alternatives, such as the rarely-stable Etherpad and the uglier ones ~

is there a slot yet.
since im going on a trip tomorrow i'm going to write my profile when i come back so pm me with the info to register on the roleplay ok cuz when i come back i might forget what it needs to register. Also my trip will long at least 15 or 16 days so... nothing more to say!

VMd about it ~ :B

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
What Watchman said.

Obligatory side note!: I shouldn't, but I shall.

Going to have an SU up one of these days (hopefully by next week if that's not too long). Thinking about doing Croagunk and Meditite.

Spoiler:

Celebrate! :) I've finished!

Please ignore the badness of the history <.< *coughcough*

Last edited:
Years
Hello there, I see that in the first post is says there is 1 spot left and I don't know if it is taken yet or what the deal is exactly but I just decided to leave this little thing here. Let's all please ignore I took Chalifoux's format ;P I thought it looked very clean and crisp so I borrowed it, hope you don't mind haha. If you do, I'll change it no problem.

character_zpsf6b92449.png

Character Theme

For the T R A I N E R

Full Name: Riku Graham
Gender. Male
Appearance: Most of his childhood was spent doing sports and various other physical activities (mainly to stop him getting bored but also in the hopes it would turn him into some kind of Renaissance man), so naturally Riku has an athletic build – not so much slim as it is compactly muscled. While he does have broad shoulders and some upper-body strength, it's clear he's no heavy lifter, and that whatever training he's had is skewed towards agility. At 5'10", he's average height for his age, complimenting his physique. His most distinctive feature is his eye color: Riku has hazel eyes, when in contrast with this sun kissed olive skin appear to shine, his jet black hair is styled into a modern barber shop comb over with the part in his hair on the ride side of his head.

<<Outfit Link>>
Riku's most prominent article of clothing is his black letterman style jacket with charcoal grey hood, white stripes trimming the cuffs of each sleeve and bottom of the jacket. The jacket has several patches sewn onto its left sleeve with a large red letter "L" on the chest. Underneath the hoodie is a white tee shirt with the entire front covered in a graphic depicting a growling Liepard in black and white. Below the waste Riku wears a pair of khaki cargo pants that tapir towards the legs until they cuff at the ankle. Further down we have a set of white and red sneakers. Around his left wrist he has on a gold colored watch, and a gold roaring Entei pendant around his neck.

Personality: Having lived the kind of life he has, Riku is not a happy bunny. He is notably stoic and melancholy. He's not the typical brooding loner, but he does try and keep a distance from others if only to avoid attachment. As a defense mechanism, he has the tendency to be sardonic and flippant, making dry observations about what's happened in an attempt to shrug things off. Riku is also – more or less by default – a cynic with a pessimistic and pragmatic attitude; when faced with a problem, he'll find a method that works regardless of any morality behind it, but expect the worst in any case, because it's more logically sound – no sense getting your hopes up about something if they're just going to get crushed again.

Despite this jaded view of the world, Riku is rather compassionate and is, at heart, a humanist, one who has faith in his fellow man and believes in their potential to do good. He isn't completely void of emotions, acting civil and even-tempered, but not afraid to show tears when he hits an emotional nadir. This shouldn't be confused with a sense of honor; he's tricky and will go to any lengths and plan any number of strategies if it means getting one over his enemy. In combat, Kumo can actually be ruthless at times, focusing on dropping any enemies that are unfortunate enough to wander into his crosshairs, provided they don't endanger anyone innocent. While he is doing this primarily as retribution for his past mistakes, he's not so stooped into it as to have lost all sense of compassion. Riku desires redemption above all else.

Backstory: Riku was born into a world that many children experienced, but few dared to acknowledge. He grew up in a very old, poor neighborhood in Goldenrod. He lived with both his mother and his father for only a short while. A car accident took his mother from him when he was only six, and stricken with grief his father attempted suicide. After that failed, he left Riku in the care of his grandfather. His memories of his mother are vague, if not almost extinct, those of his father he rather forget. He lived with his grandfather, but he was usually looked after by a variety of baby sitters since the elderly man would spend his days teaching in the university across the city.

Riku was one of the only child not from an insanely wealthy background at the school he attended. It was otherwise full of wealthy, snotty and spoiled children who would constantly tease him. He was bullied all throughout elementary and middle school, mostly by the richer kids he was forced to grow up with in school. They'd tease him about his dad leaving him, or the way he always dressed in "rags" as they called it. He never let it phase him, even putting some of the bullies in their place - through big words of course. It only grew worse up until the point he was sent home early when the rich kids tossed old, rotten cafeteria food on him, and was confronted by the local gang members and mugged. They left him with two broken ribs and a concussion, all for five dollars. He was alone. Slowly but surely, he began to put up a tough guy act for protection.

That was when his grandfather finally took his nose out from his research and took notice of what was going on. Now living in the upper side of Rustboro at the age of fourteen, Riku enjoys his comfortable and luxurious lifestyle. He has no quarrels with any other students at the school he attends, even joining the basketball team and various academic clubs. As a matter of fact he even gained an unlikely friend, although it was more of a stalker as the girl insisted on being friends and wouldn't leave Riku alone. The girl was Roxanne, the local gym leader and classmate at RIku's school. Still avoiding unnecessary contact with any other people, Riku's grandfather gave him an egg his laboratory had bred for research when he was sixteen. Once the egg hatched Riku spent his days alone with the Mudkip he named "Skip". Deciding it was time to do something more important and self fulfilling with his life he set off on a ferry to the close by Dewford Town, where he began his gym challenge at the Dewford Gym. The decision to not use the Mudkip in any battle came from his grandfather, who told him the Mudkip was still laboratory property and must not be used in battle. He continued traveling to each gym in the Hoenn region, capturing Pokemon and becoming a stronger trainer. The journey was not without obstacles, however, and his beloved Nincada met a terrible fate at the hands of Pokemon gangsters. Trying to liberate his home town of Rustboro of this gang violence Riku lent a hand to Roxanne - who he had become good friends with - and foolishly ran head first into a situation he was not prepared for, and his Nincada was on the receiving end of a lethal Slash attack. Holding his dead Pokemon, everything that Riku has ever done wrong flashed through his head It was then he realized he was at fault. For everything. For the death of his Nincada, for the death of his parents. Despite Nincanda returning in the form of Shedinja, Riku gave up his gym challenge and went home.

The next few months went by, and it was as if he never left on his journey. Isolated from any other people, he would be in the gym alone shooting a basketball, or in his room studying. But always with Skip, the baby Mudkip he never battled with. It was then the television he usually kept on for background noise was a bit louder than usual. The broadcast aired and almost immediately Riku received a call, from the only person even remotely considered a friend he's had for a long while: Roxanne. The only reason Riku even left for the trip was because Roxanne blackmailed him with a picture she took of him at school. The picture showed Roxanne kissing Riku on the cheek, she snuck up on him during lunch and took the quick selfie before he could even react. He grudgingly accepted and left for the trip with no one but Skip and a Snorlax he captured back sometime during his gym challenge.​

For the P O K E M O N

premierball.png
258.png
premierball.png

Skip / Mudkip [M] Lv.1 // Damp
water.gif
Growl | Tackle

Hatched (Lv.1) at Rustboro City
OT: Riku

As an egg, Riku received Skip as an effort to make the loner emotionally attach to something. It was actually a fruitful endeavor as Riku loves the little Mudkip, despite not being able to battle with him Riku still views Skip as an invaluable member to his team. The fact that he was strictly for research purposes always baffled Riku as there wasn't anything immediately obvious that made him special. It wasn't until his grandfather told him of his hidden ability that it made sense, however, now that Riku is setting off for a new region his grandfather has given full ownership of Skip and thus will begin battling.​

heavyball.png
143.png
heavyball.png

Meech / Snorlax [M] Lv.9 // Thick Fat
normal.gif
Tackle | Defense Curl | Amnesia

Met in Rusturf at Lv.3
OT: Riku

Separating Rustboro City and Mauville City is a Rusturf Tunnel, a - usually - easy tunnel to traverse. That is, when an overgrown Munchlax isn't blocking the narrow pathway. The munchlax was woken up with Riku's Whismur and a battle ensued. Thanks to his grandfather Riku had the perfect pokeball on hand to capture the overgrown baby. With a heavyball Riku was able to successfully capture the Munchlax. However, he wasn't able to successfully use the Munchlax in battle often enough due to the Munchlax's constant sleeping. Despite the lack of battle experience, the Munchlax quickly evolved into a Snorlax. For a trainer who does not have many friends his Pokemon seem to love him.​

And the AWESOME M I S C E L L A N Y

Misc: He had a brief stint of smoking cigarettes, when his grandfather found out he ordered Riku to quit and helped him by introducing him to e-cigarettes. Sometimes, Riku will use them.
He also has a tattoo covering the left side of his chest, his left shoulder and down to mid-forearm. <<Tattoo Link>>

Roleplay Sample:

Chalifoux

Years
Me oh my, it's always good to see characters with such quirk and detail :B

M'kay, let us start the reviewing process then~ Let's first start with @Chuckles. Crime-solving idiotic man-child, hm? Delightful~ I do feel sorry for Mr. Zenith having to grow up so quickly. And your insinuating the existence of criminals who don't do Pokemon-related crimes was amusingly silly :B I'm not so comfortable with Tyrogue's name being Bruce Lee, but that's me being me more than anything else :U Also, Kenshiro's nickname is listed as Star Platinum in the Pokemon section~ The backstory is intriguing and I'm glad to say you are accepted :3

Alrighty, now goes @Kiklion. Technology is amazing! Contacts are also nice~ Poor little Dirk, tho. It's a wonder why he hasn't been slapped in a re-edition of the Adventures of Tom Sawyer already! And Taxidermy, fascinating!~ Don't worry about the history, it was a delightful read and overall I cracked several chuckles here and there o3o I'm happy to say this easily-persuaded cutie patootie is a-okay and thus accepted :3

And finally, @Charizard_Man, sir! I was wondering what the reason behind your sudden stalking popping into the thread was~ Given the current male:female ratio, I normally wouldn't accept any other male characters into the RP BUT, Riku is, in fact, a very colorful fellow (and that picture at the top of the SU is just so cuuuuute *w*) so I shall make and exception this time around~ I like how the appearance is direct, to the point and explaining only what requires explaining. And it seems to wishes to correct himself thru his actions, even if they are very reckless at that. Nice :3 His backstory is tragic :C The poor little thing. Along comes Skip and it all seems t be getting better and then Nincada dies ;; Well played~

For a trainer who does not have many friends his Pokemon seem to love him.

lelz

The reason for him leavin is silly, but works out rather nicely so I'm glad to have you on board because Riku is accepted as well!

The deal with the spot was that some people were trying to get it, but We don't really do reservations so, it being the last one, it was very much a "whomever gets it gets it" deal ;; Those who were interested in join but still didn't manage so: Don't give up just yet! I'll notify you immediately the second a spot opens up!

It's okay to borrow my SU's coding haha, and if anything I'm flattered you considered it clean and crisp :B
And with all that said, I'll add Riku to the Character Lists, meanwhile y'all three of you go and make beautiful posts in the IC n stuffs

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Lucky. I originally wanted both Torchic and Mudkip, but I was forced to chose between the two. Oh well, hurry up and make your post guys! I'm itching to post again.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Yummy~
Although what Snivy meant for "reference" was pictures that could give him a better image of what a character's overall full body looks like ;3

Still, niiiice.

haha by Reference pictures I mean, with the chapters when you give us an overview of our location, including a picture at the top for aesthetics and something to inspire or so I interpret it that way. People might feel different about them.

Chalifoux

Years
Lucky. I originally wanted both Torchic and Mudkip, but I was forced to chose between the two. Oh well, hurry up and make your post guys! I'm itching to post again.

For the sake of reference: There were at least two other people who chose between starters, only Snivy made a more particular fuss about Herra's choice of a team... for some reason. Nothing personal, just know you weren't the only one who had to choose between starters~~~~~ :3

@Chuckles. Ah, I see! Still, niiiiiiice :3

@KiklionI'll make sure to let Snivy know about the reference picture pixel fight scene thingy for Dirk ~ o3o

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Before the day ends for me I shall post on this!

"Why the f*ck do I always get sick on boats?!" Seth muttered to himself before a large amount of unnatural bodily fluids cascaded down the white bleached sanitation fixture, almost beautifully.

my beautiful opening paragraph! the introduction to the most amazing detective in the world!

Years
For convinience I just brought all the reference pictures for Riku so the backsprite process can be easier. Thanks for doing this SnivyMaster!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back