The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Research & Development

Notices

Research & Development Got a well-founded knack with ROM hacking? Love reverse-engineering the Pokémon games? Or perhaps you love your assembly language. This is the spot for polling and gathering your ideas, and then implementing them! Share your hypothesis, get ideas from others, and collaborate to create!
Research & Development programs in this forum are subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old August 11th, 2010, 01:46 PM
skaterseba
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
hey, maybe the title is confusing but i`ll explain what i mean with weather map level, and what i would like to know if its possible

well, some weathers that we use i supose this goes also for R/S but right now i`m refering to FR/LG well when we have tiles with level, like one over another, some weathers like fog, don`t cover the upper tile.

like this watch.

well what i would like to know is if it is possible to change the weather values so that it covers all blocks. thanks
Old August 11th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Modest
It's just the way the tiles are set up. In Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald trees don't overlap each other, in FireRed/LeafGreen they do.
Old August 12th, 2010, 03:52 AM
Derlo
Braziliam Hacker!! De Mossoró

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Derlo
I also have wondered if it would be possible.
I tried to edit the routines of the mist so that it could cover everything .. however, I saw every type of weather he has a routine BG specify for which it is active.

So I tried to replace them by the routine of rain (which covers all the tiles), and managed, but the fog covered the sprites too.

The way would be to create a new routine where only the BGs of the tiles were affected.

Then I will look for the offsets of the routines (formated the pc ..) if I find it out post here.

Pokémon
Essence of Light

Comming Soon...
Old August 12th, 2010, 07:45 AM
skaterseba
Beginning Trainer

thanks, well it doesn`t matter if it covers the sprites too, cause, its the idea, right? at least it`d seem more realistic, mmm the weathers that need this are: the 3 kinds of fog there are, just them. and the underwater effect too. i have another doubt about weathers, storm flashes has a pattern, can it be modified?. just that, thanks :)
Old August 12th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
It's just the way the tiles are set up. In Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald trees don't overlap each other, in FireRed/LeafGreen they do.
Trees do overlap each other in R/S/E. It's just that the only maps that use that effect in R/S/E are in Mt. Pyre, and the tiles in those maps were designed so that none overlap. It's the same with FR/LG's Pokemon Tower.

The Chaos Emerald ROM Base (it's gonna take awhile)

DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource NOW COMPLETED
Custom Sugimori-style Pokémon Sprite Resource IN PROGRESS

Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old August 16th, 2010, 04:20 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derlo View Post
I also have wondered if it would be possible.
I tried to edit the routines of the mist so that it could cover everything .. however, I saw every type of weather he has a routine BG specify for which it is active.

So I tried to replace them by the routine of rain (which covers all the tiles), and managed, but the fog covered the sprites too.
Doesn't rain cover the OW sprites too? Unless that's not what you mean...
The tiles that aren't affected by fog are the ones that appear on top of OW sprites. I don't think it would be possible to make the fog cover those, but not OW sprites.
Old August 19th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Resultz
All- round Poke-Whizz

but surely if the things overlapping the OW get covered then the OW should too? thats just common sense and it would look strange
MANY POSITIONS AVAILABLE!

Old August 19th, 2010, 10:16 AM
haefele
Beginning Trainer

Have you ever heard of "priority"?
This is an option for the backgrounds and OAMs which define what overlaps the other things.
You have to give the fog OAM a higher priority than all other BGs and OAMs, so it will cover them.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 19th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Derlo
Braziliam Hacker!! De Mossoró

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Derlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by haefele View Post
Have you ever heard of "priority"?
This is an option for the backgrounds and OAMs which define what overlaps the other things.
You have to give the fog OAM a higher priority than all other BGs and OAMs, so it will cover them.
It may be that you're right.
But the fog and other weather effects, does not function like the tiles.

There is a subroutine in the main routines that define what BGs will be affected by time. The routine of the fog makes it affects the lower tiles (those that cover the OWS), since the routine of rain causes it to cover the tiles in both lower limbs, as above the tiles (which cover the OWS) and OWS.

When inverted the subroutine with the mist of rain, it made the OWS disappear and only animated fog appear.

When I did the study of these routines, I did not see none of that affects only the tiles.

So would have to create / edit a subroutine, where it affects only the tiles. But would be a strange one OW passing below the top of some tree in fog, and Ow not being covered by it (fog).

I went to check out GBATEK and saw the option of Alfa Bleending.
What would be perfect for solving this problem. Look something like this:

If they want to take a look: http://nocash.emubase.de/gbatek.htm#...specialeffects

Pokémon
Essence of Light

Comming Soon...

Last edited by Derlo; August 19th, 2010 at 01:37 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here