• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Year] Elimination Round - 2009

Who should progress?

• Light Platinum

Votes: 49 48.0%
  • Ruby Destiny: Life of Guardians

Votes: 45 44.1%
  • Eruption

Votes: 34 33.3%
  • Azure Horizons

Votes: 39 38.2%
  • Dark Cry: Legend of Giratina

Votes: 26 25.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years

20091013-5fkrexrih7ubsa7s6qa5wti7p.png

Introduction

Well, welcome to round two of Hack of the Year! Here you will choose which hacks progress to the final stage, the judging process. Read on for more information.

Eligible Hacks

• Pokémon Light Platinum
  • Pokémon Ruby Destiny: Life of Guardians
  • Pokémon Eruption
  • Pokémon Azure Horizons
  • Pokémon Dark Cry: Legend of Giratina

Rules & Guidelines

• You may not vote for your own hack.
  • You may not vote based upon the author's personal record or progress; only the hack is being evaluated.
  • Any posts that are nominations or do not follow the rules will be deleted.
  • Make sure that you have tried as many hacks as possible before you vote.
  • Posts can be made, but votes are only counted from the poll.
  • Voting lasts from 17/11/09 9PM GMT to 24/11/09 9PM GMT.

How to Vote

Well, it's pretty simple. There are five hacks in the poll; you get to vote three times. Choose your three favourite hacks. This time next week, the three hacks with the most votes progress to the judging stage.

Credit goes to Christos, Vrai, Thrace, and Anthony La. Compiled and written by Manipulation.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Eruption for the scripts and mapping as well as originality which I really enjoyed in the beta. Azure Horizons for the expert mapping, great scripting and all done with original tiles etc. rather than relying on some visual aspects of new tiles and such. Lastely I voted for Dark Cry, it's one of the most graphically appealing hacks out there as well as the fact that the story looks very engaging. It's looking to be a great hack. For those I reasons I chose those three.

→goon

pokémon auburn version←
Years
Is it possible to give Azure Horizons all three of my votes?

I voted for Azure Horizons, Eruption, and Light Platinum.
I really hope Azure Horizons does better than it did in HotM. It saddened me to see such a great hack lose so many times.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I've got Azure Horizons and Ruby Destiny down for sure but my third vote is up in the air. Dark Cry looks promising but I haven't played it. Eruption was OK but nothing too special. And Light Platinum also looks appealing but I haven't played much of it. Eh, I guess I'll postpone voting for a few days.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I voted for Azure Horizons, Life of Guardians and Dark Cry. Light Platinum just has too many problems and I don't understand what the big deal about Eruption is.

I think Azure Horizons is the best by a large margin (even though there are a few hacks that deserve to win more). Life of Guardians deserves a chance because its the most unique (though it doesn't have much else to offer) and Dark Cry just because its better than Light Platinum.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Azure Horizons, Light Platinum, And Ruby Destiny for me.

I Was going to vote for Eruption but I changed my mind after playing the latest ruby destiny beta. =3

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I voted Azure Horizons, Eruption, and Life of Guardians. The other two.. simply don't appeal to me whatsoever.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I vote for Eruption, Life of Guardians and Dark Cry. Azure Horizons and Light Platinum just aren't as good to me...

Sky
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Life Of Guardian for story, script and music.
Light Platinum for nice graphic.
And Eruption for creative scripts.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Pokemon eruption is a go-go for me, for best scripting ever viewed, and also a vote for an overall amazing hack goes to Ruby Destiny: LoG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back