• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need help deciding on a team.

Years
I am not a gen III expert so I need to know what are good pokemon for my team for the following types:

Psychic
Ghost
Flying
Water
Fighting

Thanks.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Do you want the team to be all Gen 3 or can it be from other generations as well?

Psychic - Metagross
Water - Gyarados/Starmie/Swampert (Any of them is good.)
Ghost - Dusclops (If using a Gen 3 team.) or Gengar (Highly recommended instead if used in 4th or 5th gen.)
Flying - Salamence/Skarmory/Dragonite/Zapdos/Aerodactyl (Pick your poison lol.)
Fighting - Blaziken/Machamp/Heracross/Breloom (Same as with the Water/Flying types.)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You've been here for nearly a year, so I would think you'd know that there's an in-game team help forum. Moving this there.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
For Psychic, Gardevoir is good (assuming you're playing RSE, if not then Alakazam is the best you can get, have to trade though)
Ghost... To be honest, I don't use ghost types often, Probably Dusclops or Gengar would be your best bet.
As for flying, really most flying types are okay, just stay away from Farfetch'd. It sucks.
Most water types are at least decent, it depends on what you're looking for. If you want an attacker, go for Swampert or Starmie. Otherwise, Pokemon like Whiscash tend more toward the defensive side. If you don't mind the hassle it takes to get a Milotic, then by all means, do.
Again with fighting, it's pretty hard to go wrong. Most any fighting type will do just fine, Blaziken is probably best in Gen 3 alongside Breloom, Machamp if you want a slightly more Bulky Fighter. Poliwrath and Hariyama are also both really good with Bulk.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Okay, the guys I listed are all in either Gen 3 or lower, hope that helps.

But if it's all Hoenn region,

Metagross
Swampert/Milotic (If you can get your hands on one.)/Ludicolo/Walrein
Salamence
Blaziken/Breloom
Dusclops
Claydol/Gardevoir

Hope you like that.

Edit - Dammit I got ninja'd. Oh well, there's my suggestions lol.

Back