• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

ssj

Kanto Legend
Years
Hey there this hack looks amazing great work !

I was just wondering how close to the final version the 3.1 beta will be and could you give us a idea on how close to releasing the 3.1 beta you are ?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2012
wow when you threw out beta 3 like that i assumed that u had given up with LC but yea hope u finish soon and keep the good work up!!

BUT theres this one thing thats bothering me...idk if u know why but do you have any explanation why certain pokemon cant learn TM's that they are compatible with (ex. kababra and fire punch) but can learn TM's that arent (ex. meganium and ice punch)

PS. dont stress over battle tower its an "i beat the game n now im bored" building. save it for the future!!

PSS. TRICKHOUSE? yes or no?

Years
wow when you threw out beta 3 like that i assumed that u had given up with LC but yea hope u finish soon and keep the good work up!!

BUT theres this one thing thats bothering me...idk if u know why but do you have any explanation why certain pokemon cant learn TM's that they are compatible with (ex. kababra and fire punch) but can learn TM's that arent (ex. meganium and ice punch)

PS. dont stress over battle tower its an "i beat the game n now im bored" building. save it for the future!!

i was wondering why bother to make kadabra learn fire punch as its a physical based attack and kadabra has worst attack stat. Just enjoy the game as it is. And when u say meganium can learn moves like ice punch then isn't thats just cool ths z a hack game not an original one

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2012
i was wondering why bother to make kadabra learn fire punch as its a physical based attack and kadabra has worst attack stat. Just enjoy the game as it is. And when u say meganium can learn moves like ice punch then isn't thats just cool ths z a hack game not an original one

Though Remember in 3rd gen All fire moves were special attacks.

Grimer

Never too old for this...
Years
This is an awesome hack. Truly really awesome.
I love the pokémon center, it's the coolest "ever made in this world". (whoever guesses who i'm quoting wins a prize!)
I just have one request (if I may). I've seen people asking laz to change the way graveler, kadrabra, etc evolve... Like doing ingame trades and so on...
Man, please, don't. It's fine for them to evolve by level up. Actually I hate trading for evolution, so lame...
I think it's cooler to raise the pokemon from its very begining form...
Well, that's me, I don't know what everybody else thinks...
Thanks for trying to understand my post, english isn't my first language, so my grammar kinda sucks...

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
island one of the orange islands should be 100% complete, and part of the second possibly(not completely sure about this)

Still haven't decided yet on the second island.

Don't worry guys. If the sandstorm will be in the beta i will show everyone how to remove it + other weather too.

The sandstorm would be rare, it would only happen once and it would only occur in summer (june, july and august).

Hey there this hack looks amazing great work !

I was just wondering how close to the final version the 3.1 beta will be and could you give us a idea on how close to releasing the 3.1 beta you are ?

there would be 4-5 islands left to make which isn't that much actually.

Its because i didn't do the tm compatibility's for pokemon but i did now.

And currently no trick house as that would be a copy of shiny gold, in a way xD

This is an awesome hack. Truly really awesome.
I love the pokémon center, it's the coolest "ever made in this world". (whoever guesses who i'm quoting wins a prize!)
I just have one request (if I may). I've seen people asking laz to change the way graveler, kadrabra, etc evolve... Like doing ingame trades and so on...
Man, please, don't. It's fine for them to evolve by level up. Actually I hate trading for evolution, so lame...
I think it's cooler to raise the pokemon from its very begining form...
Well, that's me, I don't know what everybody else thinks...
Thanks for trying to understand my post, english isn't my first language, so my grammar kinda sucks...

The evolutions will be a mixture of stones and levels.

Though Remember in 3rd gen All fire moves were special attacks.

LC will have the physical/special split from 4th gen.

i hope release will be in this moth ;p

Well I'm not sure it will... From pretty much today onwards my time is limited until the end go august. I'm going on holiday in 2 days and I'm moving house soon after i come back. So i can safely say don't expect a beta this month.

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2012
LC will have the physical/special split from 4th gen.

This means that the PM skills in LC are like 4th gen。such as All fire moves have physical/special attacks. if so,it is wonderfu ,i love it very much。 great job!

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2012

yea on this version of pokemon fire punch is special n as u most likely know the kadabra (better yet alakazam) has one of the highest base specials n i always loved to give him all 3 of the elemental punches and psychic but zel said he fixed it n i believe that he is a man of his word! :)

Adammac

Linux user
Years
Hello I have problems with switches in goldenrod underground. I tried every combination and I can't get through. I playing in Gameboid emulator for Android.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
No offense, but you could have have said that with less sarcasm. But the point still applies. The physical and special system is already in the 3rd generation games.

Theres no sarcasm in that post, as the physical and special SPLIT is not in the 3rd generation games, so people have been waiting for it to happen :)

Years
looking great!

hey, it's looking great so far! but i have some problems trying to play through the game. here's the list

-in the sprout tower, the leader says the same sentence before and after the battle
-there's no mareep to be found, my party sucks because of this
-when I beat whitney, she gave me the badge, but in my playercard it shows the ghost gym badge! the real badge is not there
-when trying to proceed, in front of the ghost gym (azalea town) there is a guy who says the leader (morty) is absent, I don't know where he is
-with morty being absent, I cannot surf to go get the medicine to cure the sick pokemon in olivine city, which means I cannot fight that gym
-in union cave, i can walk inside certain boulders (big ones)
-the pokedex doesn't have information about ekans when I caught him

i'm using the male character, started with cyndaquil and I have already taught the hm SURF, STRENGTH, ROCK SMASH, CUT to my pokemon, i'm not stupid. I just can't surf and rock smash outside of battle

PS: great job so far! the graphics well done, I appreciate the hard work you put into this, I wish I could help testing and stuff, but it's already full :( I am someone who looks at every detail, perhaps I could be of use maybe? anyway, that's not why i'm here, just wanted to share you my problems lol. I really like the new characters and rivals! i'll be looking forward to making a let's play of the finished product, take your time! I wish i could programm stuff like you do

Last edited:

Grimer

Never too old for this...
Years
hey, it's looking great so far! but i have some problems trying to play through the game. here's the list

-in the sprout tower, the leader says the same sentence before and after the battle
-when I beat whitney, she gave me the badge, but in my playercard it shows the ghost gym badge! the real badge is not there
-when trying to proceed, in front of the ghost gym (azalea town) there is a guy who says the leader (morty) is absent, I don't know where he is
-with morty being absent, I cannot surf to go get the medicine to cure the sick pokemon in olivine city, which means I cannot fight that gym

i'm using the male character, started with cyndaquil and I have already taught the hm SURF, STRENGTH, ROCK SMASH, CUT to my pokemon, i'm not stupid. I just can't surf and rock smash outside of battle

PS: great job so far! the graphics well done, I appreciate the hard work you put into this, I wish I could help testing and stuff, but it's already full :( I am someone who looks at every detail, perhaps I could be of use maybe? anyway, that's not why i'm here, just wanted to share you my problems lol. I really like the new characters and rivals! i'll be looking forward to making a let's play of the finished product, take your time! I wish i could programm stuff like you do

If I'm not mistaken, Morty is supposed to be at the burnt tower, wich is located in azalea, north of the gym.
I think marrep is in the game... Even if it isn't, why does your team sucks? The poké egg you get from the daily care couple can hatch into a pichu or an elekid... fairly decent electric pokémon...

grooveturtle

Turtle Tamer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2013
This looks amazing! I might just wait until the final release because I rage quit video games way too often anyways (at least for a couple hours :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2016

Marrep can be found in the grass directly above Olivine City. Not the grass on route to the city, but directly above it, beside the path, off a ledge (it's hard to describe).

Back