• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Pokemon For ios

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 2, 2015
This might be the wrong place to ask, I'm sorry if it is.

I'm a developer with a fair amount of free time lately and I've been working on a Pokemon style engine that could run on iOS devices. I'm wondering how much interest there is in that because I can't decide between three options:

Recreate a Pokemon game such as platinum
Create my own Pokemon game
Or to make my own game completely in the Pokemon style.

Currently I'm swaying towards making my own game completely because in the end at least I would be able to publish it to the AppStore. However I'm a big Pokemon fan and im sure just like me everyone would love to have Pokemon of some description on their iPad etc.
Help me out, what would you find the most awesome?

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
Years
We would all be incredibly interested, but Apple.. They most probably will hate you. You see, Pokémon's copyrighted. They won't approve your game or any of our games for that matter to go on the app store.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 2, 2015
I was planning on making it cross platform using various tools. However the problem with Apple and it not being allowed still persists. It would not be too difficult to put the app onto cydia I suppose.

As for the game itself, I've been doing some thinking and ive decided that I'm going to make "Pokemon Origin" I haven't checked to see it that existed already however. It's going. To be a large game that spans across all of the reigions and tells the story of the creation of the Pokemon universe. Or something like that. As I'm still working on the engine I haven't thought too deeply into the storyline or anything yet

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
I was planning on making it cross platform using various tools. However the problem with Apple and it not being allowed still persists. It would not be too difficult to put the app onto cydia I suppose.

As for the game itself, I've been doing some thinking and ive decided that I'm going to make "Pokemon Origin" I haven't checked to see it that existed already however. It's going. To be a large game that spans across all of the reigions and tells the story of the creation of the Pokemon universe. Or something like that. As I'm still working on the engine I haven't thought too deeply into the storyline or anything yet
The API that I am using (Libgdx) is compatible with ios.

Back