• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Question] Overworld Battle System

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
As described, I'm wondering if anyone ever made an overworld battle system for RMXP. One similar to the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon battle system.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Would be interesting if there was, I would like to see a fangame set in the main series done with mystery dungeon style battles, this way some moves will have actual use. Teleport can be used to get out of a dangerous situation to heal up and similarly using Hyper Beam wont leave you open if you use it from a good enough distance.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Yes but as far as I'm aware it isn't compatible with Essentials.
I'm wondering if anyone ever made an overworld battle system for RMXP
Maybe lead with saying for Essentials. Zach provided you with a valid resource. I haven't come across any such BS that can be plugged into Essentials. Actually, I haven't come across too many of such BS in general. The main ones are XAS and Blizz-ABS, but those aren't Essentials ready.

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Bottom line: You're likely to have to make it yourself. Essentials code is fairly plug-and-play, so if you can script the transition to a battle and feed it the same information as the regular battle scene I'm sure you can pull it off!

Back