• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
Ok, after giving the pokemon the movesets, and going to the battle between you and your rival, and Oak finishes his hour long speech, the game restarts, from the intro sequence.
EDIT: this happens after applying Jambo's patch on top of MD's patch. That was the problem. So now I guess I have to go to G3HS to use Md's patch?

Yeah it would be better, since ipthe support is better. It isn't hard to make it compatible.

Suzuke of Mystica

Currently updating stuff...
Years
Yeah it would be better, since ipthe support is better. It isn't hard to make it compatible.

I'm looking at it...and going..I need help lol because there's a section for the patch, and the rom, and I don't know which one I need to modify, and if I can use MD's ini values for the rom/patch

P.S might wanna move to a pm from now on?

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2015
I've read from your changelog that you added Strong Jaw... Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, are they all ganna be there?

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Great to see the Fairy type added, but I was wondering about the Fairy-type moves: Is the information on Fairy-type moves the same as what I found on Serebii.net? (I'm planning on using your Swilix and Slurpuff sprites to add them to my hack)

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
I've read from your changelog that you added Strong Jaw... Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, are they all ganna be there?

They're already all in there. If you used the patch you'd know!

Great to see the Fairy type added, but I was wondering about the Fairy-type moves: Is the information on Fairy-type moves the same as what I found on Serebii.net? (I'm planning on using your Swilix and Slurpuff sprites to add them to my hack)

The fairy type moves are the same as from Serebii, the only thing is that a few names are changed
to fit into the GBA.

In unrelated news, very good news infact, I've finally gotten around to fixing weather abilities.
To do that I had to remove the new entry hazards and then re apply them using Doesnt's code
instead of jambos. Jambo's did work, but I must have messed the porting at some point so nothing
against him or anything, Doesnt supplied his ones to me in a more user-friendly form as well as having access to Sticky Web. So HUGE thanks to Doesn't for that. I also improved Snow Warning and the other weather abilities by looking at his code for that.

The only thing at the moment is that Jambo's implementation also tied in Lunar Dance and Healing Wish, so it looks like I'd lose those. I'm going to try and find a way to incorporate that into the other switch in effects, because it would be a shame to lose that.

Once I have that out of the way, as well as implementing Aromatic Mist, Acupressure and updating a few new move effects based upon the 4th and 5th gen move resources thread, 1.5 will be ready.

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
Years
In unrelated news, very good news infact, I've finally gotten around to fixing weather abilities.
To do that I had to remove the new entry hazards and then re apply them using Doesnt's code
instead of jambos. Jambo's did work, but I must have messed the porting at some point so nothing
against him or anything, Doesnt supplied his ones to me in a more user-friendly form as well as having access to Sticky Web. So HUGE thanks to Doesn't for that. I also improved Snow Warning and the other weather abilities by looking at his code for that.

The only thing at the moment is that Jambo's implementation also tied in Lunar Dance and Healing Wish, so it looks like I'd lose those. I'm going to try and find a way to incorporate that into the other switch in effects, because it would be a shame to lose that.

Once I have that out of the way, as well as implementing Aromatic Mist, Acupressure and updating a few new move effects based upon the 4th and 5th gen move resources thread, 1.5 will be ready.
Thanks for the news! Still looking forward to this update, though I'm taking a break from Rom Hacking at the moment.

Keep up the great work! :3

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
Years

YAAAAAAAS

Gogogo, MrDollSteak-senpai! We're counting on you~!

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
This is perhaps one of the best ROM Bases I have seen. I look forward to update 1.5, which brings me to a question I had when I downloaded this (if this has already been answered, I apologize)

1. If I start hacking my ROM using the most current version ROM Base, and 1.5 is released, will I need to start over (because it says not compatible with hacks in progress)? Just wondering because I want to know whether or not I should begin hacking yet or wait for the 1.5 Update.

2. I was reading the .txt file "howtosetupfairytype", and I had some questions about it. Does the Fairy type need to be set up if I don't plan on changing anything that is already the Fairy Type?

Sorry for all these questions, I imagine you are quite busy.

Magic Guard

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
This is perhaps one of the best ROM Bases I have seen. I look forward to update 1.5, which brings me to a question I had when I downloaded this (if this has already been answered, I apologize)

1. If I start hacking my ROM using the most current version ROM Base, and 1.5 is released, will I need to start over (because it says not compatible with hacks in progress)? Just wondering because I want to know whether or not I should begin hacking yet or wait for the 1.5 Update.

2. I was reading the .txt file "howtosetupfairytype", and I had some questions about it. Does the Fairy type need to be set up if I don't plan on changing anything that is already the Fairy Type?

Sorry for all these questions, I imagine you are quite busy.

Magic Guard

You won't need to start over. All my patches upgrade with new releases. I only mean if you have a hack in progress that doesn't have my rombase, it's probably not a good idea to apply the patch.

Fairy type is set up, that document just shows you the offsets for the Pokemon and moves etc. so you can change them. Also it allows you to make new Pokemon Fairy type if you're changing types for fakemon.

~Justified~

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
You won't need to start over. All my patches upgrade with new releases. I only mean if you have a hack in progress that doesn't have my rombase, it's probably not a good idea to apply the patch.

Fairy type is set up, that document just shows you the offsets for the Pokemon and moves etc. so you can change them. Also it allows you to make new Pokemon Fairy type if you're changing types for fakemon.

Oh okay cool. Thanks for clearing that up.

This ROM Base is awesome btw, I love all the features you've managed to add to it.

Time to get hacking!^_^

Thoriére

[i]If everything's a dream, don't wake me.[/i]
Years
Hello; forgive me if this has already been asked, but what sort of credit would be preferred? I'm planning on mentioning this patch in my hack's thread, but would you like me to simply link this page and its credits, or list everyone's name and contributions right there on the thread? Again, I'm terribly sorry if this is a repeated question, but I didn't see it anywhere on this thread (might just have been my skimming, though).

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Hello; forgive me if this has already been asked, but what sort of credit would be preferred? I'm planning on mentioning this patch in my hack's thread, but would you like me to simply link this page and its credits, or list everyone's name and contributions right there on the thread? Again, I'm terribly sorry if this is a repeated question, but I didn't see it anywhere on this thread (might just have been my skimming, though).

It's simply on the first page though.
(:
Spoiler:

Thoriére

Years
It's simply on the first page though.
(:
Spoiler:

I know the credits themselves are there; my question was about whether I should link to the page or state the credits on the hack thread itself.

~Justified~

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
I know the credits themselves are there; my question was about whether I should link to the page or state the credits on the hack thread itself.

In my opinion, linking to the page wouldn't really be crediting everyone, because not everyone will actually click the link. The way I'd do it is list the resource: MrDollSteak's Decap and Attack Rombase,
and list all of it's contributors and their contributions. Here's an example of how I would do it (In the Spoiler)

Spoiler:

& since this is probably going to be responsible for many of the new features of your hack, list it somewhere near the top of the credits list or in a way so that (mostly) everyone will see it. But as long as you credit everyone, you're good.:)

Thoriére

Years
In my opinion, linking to the page wouldn't really be crediting everyone, because not everyone will actually click the link. The way I'd do it is list the resource: MrDollSteak's Decap and Attack Rombase,
and list all of it's contributors and their contributions. Here's an example of how I would do it (In the Spoiler)

Spoiler:

& since this is probably going to be responsible for many of the new features of your hack, list it somewhere near the top of the credits list or in a way so that (mostly) everyone will see it. But as long as you credit everyone, you're good.:)

Of course, and thank you for the input. I was going to go to all of the trouble of manually inserting the Fairy type, decap., moves, etc., but the fact that this covers so much more than that as well practically leaves me singing. It'll be some time before I post the thread, but I will absolutely credit everyone here for their work on this fantastic patch.

~Justified~

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
Of course, and thank you for the input. I was going to go to all of the trouble of manually inserting the Fairy type, decap., moves, etc., but the fact that this covers so much more than that as well practically leaves me singing. It'll be some time before I post the thread, but I will absolutely credit everyone here for their work on this fantastic patch.

No problem, glad to help. & Yeah this patch makes it so much easier to get all of the features you want in your hack, plus it saves you a bunch of time from manually inserting everything yourself. This really is a great resource.

Good luck with your hack btw, I'll have to check it out when you make a thread for it!:)

Thoriére

Years
No problem, glad to help. & Yeah this patch makes it so much easier to get all of the features you want in your hack, plus it saves you a bunch of time from manually inserting everything yourself. This really is a great resource.

Good luck with your hack btw, I'll have to check it out when you make a thread for it!:)

Thanks for the well-wishing, my friend, and thanks to everyone for the amazing patch.

Back