• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
I've always imagined Diglett having claws below the surface of the dirt. :P
Diggletsfeet.gif

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Maybe Diglett evolved from Weedle. I don't mean evolved like Pokemon-evolved, I mean like Darwin-evolved. Some Weedle were living in caves and had to adapt to survive in the ground-based area so over time they slowly became Diglett, and the nose is the only thing that survived to tell the tale!

Everybody thinks the worst of these designers. What you call lazy I call GENIUS.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Maybe Diglett evolved from Weedle. I don't mean evolved like Pokemon-evolved, I mean like Darwin-evolved. Some Weedle were living in caves and had to adapt to survive in the ground-based area so over time they slowly became Diglett, and the nose is the only thing that survived to tell the tale!

Everybody thinks the worst of these designers. What you call lazy I call GENIUS.

Okay this is actually a really really cool idea. Let's consider the possibility that in the Pokémon World the taxonomy is vastly different. Larvae, worms and moles in the real world may be completely unrelated but seeing as they are similar in ways, they could possibly be related in the PokéWorld (I mean, let's face it Pokémon is just preposterous). Now consider the similarities Diglett and Weedle have. They are somewhat long-bodied with little shape to speak of, and they have very small (unnoticeable in Diglett's case) appendages. Also I think base stats are a good way to detect relation between Pokémon so let's look at those. Excluding HP, Weedle and Diglett both have Speed as their highest stat and Attack as their second highest, as well as very low Defenses and hugely low base stat totals (even considering their Little Cup-ness). I don't count HP in this case since Diglett's low HP could be contributed to its general thinner and more streamlined shape.

. . . I don't know maybe I'm not really onto anything right now. xDD

Palladium

2012 FTW!
Years
Not sure about Diglett, but my best guess about Dugtrio is this
Spoiler:

Anyways, I agree with Andy & Ineffable, this sounds cool, and possible (but again,in Pokemon,what isn't?)

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Then Andy I should introduce you to the word recycling. Aaaand, there's also the other fact that they could have accidentally made the noses the same without meaning to do so.

I suppose if you were the designer that is what you would intend it for. But that is not what I think of it, nor will it ever be.

Shining Raichu

Years
Everybody says it's a good thing to recycle, it saves the planet. The Pokemon creators are being environmentally friendly, and you should never fault them for that!

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Everybody says it's a good thing to recycle, it saves the planet. The Pokemon creators are being environmentally friendly, and you should never fault them for that!
You beat me to it!

Anyway, disregarding its benefit to the environment and that it grants you theoretically infinite Sitrus Berries / Focus Sashes, there's nothing really wrong with recycling ideas. As long as you're not making tonnes of clones of the same Pokémon, it's quite nice and cute and fun to spot. And if an idea works once, it's a good idea to try and use it again. Nothing at all wrong with little similarities.

Also, if laziness is a crime, I and most of my friends are class A felons. :3

Palladium

2012 FTW!
Years
I'm top criminal then ...
Anyways, you're forgetting the rip-off rodents, they are one of the biggest examples of recycling
While they aren't very good, they certainly are okay as Pokemon
As I said before, I don't really care for ideas recycling,but sometimes it gets ... dull

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I am not blaming them for recycling ideas. Nor am I against the thought. I actually think that it was a creative move. But you always have to point me out as the bad guy. ;~;

/me cries in the corner

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Anyways, you're forgetting the rip-off rodents, they are one of the biggest examples of recycling
While they aren't very good, they certainly are okay as Pokemon
D: They're . . . a tradition!
I wuv Sentret and its beautiful beautiful movepool. When I found out it could learn Surf I was like hhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooomfg <3

I am not blaming them for recycling ideas. Nor am I against the thought. I actually think that it was a creative move. But you always have to point me out as the bad guy. ;~;

/me cries in the corner
Awwwww -patpat- D:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Okay, new topic please. xD

Anyone interested with the upcoming Pokemon movie; Kyurem vs The Sacred Swordsmen? I think it would be an interesting watch, unless you don't watch these kinds of movies anymore. :(

Shining Raichu

Years
I haven't seen any of the Pokemon movies since the third, because they stopped putting them on in cinemas :( I really wish they'd start doing that again. Make it a big deal, offer the promotional Pokemon cards that you get by going to see the movie! AND HAVE THE PIKACHU'S VACATION MOVIES BEFOREHAND OMG.

/nostalgia

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
OMG THE PIKACHU'S VACATIONS I LOVED THOSE. I remember seeing the first movie in the cinemas here, and getting a Mew promotion card. It was a very strange card and I thought it was a fake, but it wasn't. I actually stopped watching the movies because they'd air them in Dutch here, and that's just terrible lol.

Spoiler:

Found the card on google! I thought I wouldn't be able to find it since it is so old, but yeah this is it. It's still in my collection!

Shining Raichu

Years
I remember seeing the first movie in the cinemas here, and getting a Mew promotion card. It was a very strange card and I thought it was a fake, but it wasn't.

I got a Zapdos! And I saw it with my sister and one of my friends and they both got Zapdos too. We felt jipped lol - but I have gotten that Mew card since!

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
They don't show Pokemon movies in cinemas here. I don't really know why, but maybe it has something to do with the church.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back