• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] (Δ) HOLON mythos (δ) [M] [OOC + SU]

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
4.jpg
22.jpg
3.jpg
11.jpg
102.jpg

[SIZE="+5"](Δ) H O L O N mythos (δ)[/SIZE]
Rated M | OOC Thread | IC Thread | GM'd by Chalifoux and TheSnivyMaster | 1 SPOT is OPEN

Theme Song

This is the OOC Thread of the Roleplay, in which you will sign-up, refer to the IC Thread in order to post as your character.once you're accepted

PROLOGUE: THE WILD NORTH

J uly 1st, Somewhere at the North of Kanto. A team of scientists - experts on many different fields - decide to embark in search for the elusive Pokémon, spoken only in legend: Mew. While they had no idea of how Mew looked, or if it even existed to begin with, their desire of finding it was strong. And as such, by gathering clues in many forms and shapes - primarily ruins and drawings embossed in walls - they managed to track a potential location for the hundred and fiftieth Pokémon.

It was a small, uninhabited and rather secluded piece of land north of the Kanto region. They arrived at a very dense forest where drawings of what they assumed would be Mew were scattered in enormous amounts across the many trees and different kinds of foliage. One of the members of this crew - a field scientist known as Sylvia, managed to catch a glimpse of a pink, semi-feline figure hovering around the woods, a sparkling trail of lights left behind its every move as it moved graciously around the woods. After what felt like hours of playing cat and mice, Mew managed to elude the scientists and their curious eyes. Getting to catch a small glimpse of the mythical Mew, however, was enough to prove them that their work had not been in vain, and that they still had a long way to go before finally getting Mew.

All they had to do know was find Mew once more. That wouldn't be so hard, right?

The task in itself, as well as ensuring survival, were both proving to be very difficult to the team. They decided to settle in a clearing conveniently found between a forest, a lake and a small mountain range. With their resources and the people willing to help them in their quest to find Mew, they were able to create a comfortable Research Tower where they could continue doing science. Additionally, people who were not devoted to science but still desired to help, began to settle the tower, creating a small town with no name given to it.

While not the actual leader of the group, Sylvia took charge of the crew's duties of finding Mew, since she had been closest to the elusive creature than any other member, and as such she would easily recognize it if they were to stumble upon it. A year went by and the small town of no name grew up considerably, with people actually staying within the settlement for good.

The town - now becoming a city - was the first and only settlement within the land, and as such the locals began calling it the Holon City and Holon Region, respectively. For those who are not acquainted with philosophy, a Holon is something that is both a whole and a part of.

Another year went by, and no progress had been made in tracking Mew.

In a rather desperate attempt to find the elusive Pokémon, the crew of scientists decided to make use of the unique magnetic properties of the region, and began to broadcast a series of electromagnetic waves around the land. If their hypothesis was correct, the series of waves would begin to draw nearby Pokémon towards the tower - Mew itself included. It seemed like a perfect plan to everyone, and hope was achieved when Pokémon slowly began to roam round the city with increasing frequency. The strength of the signal was very elevated, however, and its effects were eventually seen on the Pokémon drawn by it.

It wasn't a mutation that could be appreciated at plain sight, but rather a mishap in the genetic structure of the Pokémon. Told in simpler terms, the signal sent was so strong that it literally managed to change a Pokémon's type, move set and weaknesses. While it is amusing to see a Steel/Grass Feebas splashing around, and the Pokémon from Holon are docile enough to not hurt a Ledyba even when they now know Hyper Beam, it was an even more unusual happening that drove scientists and citizens of Holon alike away from the region.

As it turns out, the signal, combined with the magnetic properties of the ground would react in a rather peculiar way, sending strong outbursts of electricity around that would destroy everything in their way. One outburst in its own doesn't make much damage, but the amount of these that popped up around Holon were enough to give place to the first "Electromagnetic Storm" that the region would suffer.

Everyone but Sylvia returned home, the latter suddenly vanishing as she was searching the woods once more, never to be seen again.

The signal that was broadcast from the tower was never turned off, and only did so when the research tower ran out of power. It was probably on for at least a year before this occurred. And it wasn't until about a decade later that people found the tower and the strange Pokémon of Holon once more...​

01 - A MAN'S SPEECH

"H ello? Is this thing on? It better be, I'm paying some good money for this broadcast! It is? Oh... Well, do I still need to do the whole "testing, testing, 1, 2, 4" thing? No? I see," The seemingly pointless self-argument continues as the man of average height begins to ponder whether to skip testing or do it for testing's sake. A slight breeze of wind blows across the clearing where they're at, lazily, caressing the grass around the camera crew and the man. His polar-white messy hair and thick beard gently fluttering from one side to another.

Sliding his hand across his expensive caramel suit - as to get rid of any dust in it - he gathers his bearing at last. Stepping forward to a microphone held in mid-air, he finally begins his speech, a myriad of cameras pointing at him from all angles imaginable.

"Why hello there, fellow adventurers within the World of Pokémon! It is I, the one and only Nikolai Jaywalker, bringing forth to you a very elusive offer I'm sure you won't be able to deny, but firstly: have you all heard of Mew? I'm sure you have, and I refuse to further interact with you if you haven't. In any case, I shall assume you have indeed heard about it, and that's good because I have a juicy offer for you! Yes, you, the person who is hearing me and wondering 'Why is this man talking so loudly?'! I should say now that it's a birth defect and I cannot help but sound overly excited when I talk - even though I'm actually pretty depressed most of the time -. I should also continue talking about the offer I mentioned earlier!

"While Mew is acknowledged as an actual Pokémon, no one has ever managed to find or even see one of them - scientists don't even know if there are more than one!-, Thus leaving a lot of people to think that it never existed in the first place. I refuse to stay abide by such maddening "facts" and I'm sure you do too! And this is why I, the great and wealthy Nikolai, am willing to start a little contest I like to call "Go Catch Me A Mew Or I'll Hunt You Down In Your Sleep With An Axe"!

"It's simple: all you have to do is embark on a journey to a land you have never been to with absolutely any resources or Pokémon and then catch a mirage Pokémon that may not even exist at all! Aren't you just excited right now?! ... I'm kidding of course; you can take up to two Pokémon with you. Everything else is true, however, so you may want to prepare emotionally for all that stuff...

"Anyways, as I was saying, the lab people I know have reasons to believe that Mew is located in a secluded land north of Kanto. Their reasoning is, of course, a shameless rip-off of an investigation gone wrong that recently got uncovered and shed light upon - You know how lazy those science people tend to get, always looking for something to take credit for -. It turns out the people that were in this land some years ago were very desperate to find Mew and ended up sending weird signals full of sciency stuff that forced Pokémon to mutate in a futile attempt to locate Mew.

"But don't worry; they didn't get an additional limb or a third eye. In fact, this mutation changed their types and other unimportant stuff I'm sure you don't care about. That means that, if you agree to go to this place, you will find Pokémon that are different to those you already own and could leave those you have in your party in eternal shame forever and ever!

"Those who volunteer will be packed and sent all the way to this region place, called Holon for some reason which I don't really understand, we will then give you some Pokeballs and hope you can catch us a Mew! Everything else you obtain will be yours to keep, as well as a reward for kindly delivering Mew to us once it is held within your clutches!

"... So who's excited? I know I am, I'm always excited when I spend enormous amounts of money in a poorly ethic cause! See my representatives at the nearest dock of your region for registration folks; I know you'll be there!"

***​

A fascinating fellow, indeed. As the broadcast that interrupts your favorite TV show ends, you decide to shrug off that lunatic's offer, which you're not quite sure you understood quite right. Sending any fool who would walk up the docks to a land filled with mutations just because he wants to save the time of going there himself? Talk about a lazy guy.

But a thought also crosses your mind, swiftly and rather in-adverted. He seems to be so invested in sending random people to an exciting new place with elusive Pokémon... Can it be so bad? Is it really not worth going, or will be just as exciting as he assures it to be?

You decide to go about your regular day, minding your own business around your hometown. By some mean or another you decide to give this whole travel thing a go, regardless of your age and, eventually arrive at the docks of your respective region, being received by fellows as wacky as the man on the TV, dressed in attire that is colorful and informal, with beach shorts of very shiny green, and an equally shiny blue sleeveless shirt that mercilessly murders the eyes of those watching.

In no time, you are about a very large luxury ship, en route to the mysterious land of Holon and the many mysteries waiting within.​

EX01 - GAMEPLAY

On October, 2005, the EX Delta Species Booster Pack of the Pokémon Trading Card Game was released. It was an oddity in many aspects, primarily the fact that the Pokémon cards within were denominated to be "Delta Species Pokémon" and had types their regular counterparts would never have, as were their attacks and weaknesses. It was also the first time a Pokémon card had a dual typing, as most Delta Species are half Steel-type (Metal-type in the TCG, for some reason). This booster and several that were released afterwards focused in a fictional, TCG-exclusive region called Holon. Holon is inhabited after failed attempts of finding Mew caused the aforementioned mutations on Pokémon, and the region is home to a wide array of Pokémon, both regular and Delta Species.

This Roleplay is heavily inspired by this concept, and rightfully so, as the region you will explore is the same, as will be most of the Pokémon you'll encounter. Of course, there will be Delta Species and regular Pokemon from Generations 4 to 6, for convenience's sake. You can also expect Fairy-type Delta Species here and there.

For an even more convenient gameplay we shall follow the Stats and Attacks from the X & Y Pokedex of Serebii.net. But since these are Delta Pokemon we're dealing with, you can expect your Pokemon to learn some funky moves as they increase their levels. Some custom moves will pop up here and there, but rest assured they will be explained with as much detail possible when they do. A summary of custom moves will also be made in a single post, which will in turn be linked to the IC Thread for future reference.

The story is mostly set within the Holon region, with all places described in the TCG - as well as some custom ones - available for exploration at any time. The layout of Holon will be detailed as we progress within the IC Thread, as will the contents of every sector found in it, such as Pokemon, important NPCs, events and so on.

The main goal of the Roleplay is simple: find Mew and then catch it. This is only the outermost layer of the plot, however, so be sure to expect more stuff as we move on - antagonists, encounters with other legendaries and even Battle Competitions are amongst the things you should see in the upcoming chapters and story arcs -.

You are allowed, and even encouraged to elaborate plots of your own as you trek across the Holon region, as well as to make any suggestions on events you would like to see and think could be implemente. Questions are also a thing we look forward too, so make sure to throw a bunch of them at us!​

EX02 - MECHANICS

- If you want to encounter a Pokémon, your post must end hinting the encounter (grass rustling as the player walks near, something popping out of the water, or any other way you can think of). A reply by TheSnivyMaster will be formulated shortly after you do this with the Pokémon you find.

- Different members of a same species of Pokémon can sometimes be of a different type. Such is to say that you may find a Normal-type Magikarp, or a Dragon-type Magikarp in the exact same place. This is governed by way of RATIOS that determine the frequency of types. In the above example, Normal Karps have an 80% ratio while the other 20 are Dragon types. When an encounter is about to posted, TheSnivyMaster will randomly pick the type of the Pokémon you find, taking the ratios of a species into account. You could, however, ask for a different type when the encounter is made so long as you provide logical reasoning. The decision TheSnivyMaster takes is final and if he agrees to change the type or not is something you simply need to shrug off and keep moving on.

- TheSnivyMaster also has the right of randomly throwing a horde of Fairy/Dragon Magikarp with base 255 Special Attack, Wonder Guard and Draco Meteor at you whenever he pleases, so keep that in mind. Except he isn't that evil. Unless you don't please him. You most likely did something unpleasing to him already, so keep that in mind, too~

- Expanding from the former: Horde Encounters, as well as Double Encounters or just multiple encounters in a row are an actual thing that can happen at ANY given time. These encounters will be assigned indiscriminately, so you better be ready for whatever is thrown at you.

- The Delta Species Booster Packs saw the light on Gen III, but we must consider the physical/special split and the existence of Gen IV-VI mons as a must.

- Levels are granted by the Game Masters as your Pokemon battle or interact with their Trainers in some sort of way (that involves the usage of their moves in some way), as will be the moves they learn. On occasion, we will grant TM moves, Egg Moves, or just moves that a Pokemon wouldn't learn under normal circumstances. Feel free to request a move for your Pokemon to learn, but do give a reason for this. Me and TheSnivyMaster will put your request under consideration and will get back to you as soon as it is possible for us.

- As usual, all rules regarding the Roleplay Corner and Roleplay Lounge, as well as the Global Rules of the Forum apply and should be respected at all times.

- Problems that arise within the Roleplay are to be brought up in Private to the Game Masters, because we don't want no Degrassi-styled drama cluttering our threads.

- This is the OOC (Out of Character) Thread, where we will discuss matters regarding the Roleplay in a friendly manner of style. In-Character content goes in the IC Thread.

- Rating is M for the Mature audiences. Violence, Romance and such are allowed within reason. A smooch and kiss, as well as a slap and punch here and there and more than allowed, just don't abuse them!

- We will review sign-ups whenever a few of them pile-up, this won't be a first-come, first-serve kind of deal, as there truly isn't a maximum number of spots available. If your sign-up is not accepted you are more than encouraged to keep trying until it is :3

- Lastly, make sure to have fun at all times... or else e.e

- We don't really make reservations, and there isn't much of a deadline to submit application forms, so make sure to take your time to properly flesh out your character! You can let us (and others) know if you plan to join and what Pokemon you'll begin with if you wish, but it really isn't that necessary at all~​

EX03 - APPLICATION FORM

For the T R A I N E R
Full Name: Their real name. First Name and Surname are a must, while any other additional names, middle names and nicknames are only required when applicable.
Gender. Male, Female, Canadian or otherwise.
Age: Somewhere between 16 and 20. Not more and not less unless you provide a reason strong enough to convince us (hint: you most likely won't). Those who are accepted and sent to Holon should be of reasonable maturity so people below the range of age would not be able to go, and having 30-somethings amongst kids would be a tad bit odd.
Appearance: Any and all physical traits from their head to their toes, what they wear and any other applicable things not mentioned here.
Personality: Their way of behaving on their own, with others and towards their surroundings. Their best traits, skills, and their... ahem, flaws.
Backstory: At least two paragraphs worth of their experiences up to the point in which they embark on the ship, including where they grew up, who they did so with and so on.​

For the P O K E M O N
It is our intention that you keep progress of your team of Pokémon throughout the Roleplay either in this space, or on the team update Etherpad, because it just makes everything so much easier for us and for you as well. Fill this base form for every member of your team and add any other details you deem necessary. For convenience's sake, you will only be allowed to take up to two Pokémon (which cannot be Delta Species) at the beginning of the Roleplay and they cannot be evolved (exceptions being those Pokemon that evolve from Baby Pokemon and Pokemon that do not evolve at all).

Nickname: Do not include if they don't have one, which is preposterous because everyone nicknames their Pokémon.
Species: They say a Druddigon is not a Druddigon until you type Druddigon under the Druddigon's nickname.
Type: While this will seem dull at first, you WILL want to keep track of the types of whatever it is you catch in Holon. You is a strong independent Trainer who ain't catching no Normal Type Zigzagoons here!
Gender: Male, Female or Genderless. You can have a Male Pokémon that is 100% Female, so your dreams of having a party of six male Miltank can come true now!
Level: While there really isn't a minimum or maximum cap on the levels of the two Pokémon you begin with, their combined level cannot surpass the number 10 because that's like our favorite number since like forever.
Met At: Simply state where it was found by your character. You don't have to catch both Pokémon, as you could have received them as eggs or gifts, in which case you should specify that in this very same field. You also don't need to stay abide of the locations of Pokémon in the games. So go ahead and catch a Zigzagoon in the Distortion World if you want... Well, don't actually do that but, you get the idea, right? Make sure to state the level they were met at as well (if it was hatched, it can't be anything other than 1, of course).
Ability: Hidden abilities are more than allowed, but don't overdo it.
Moveset: A maximum of six moves, because yes. Moves are not forgotten as we progress so you will have to keep track of which of them your Pokemon can use (expect them to be huge amounts :3)
Other: Anything that does not qualify in the above fields but still has to be mentioned goes here (such as physical traits that differ them from other members of their species, any particular quirks and so on​

And the AWESOME M I S C E L L A N Y

Misc: Anything about the Trainer that doesn't fit the above fields goes here, and it can be around the same guidelines as the Other section for Pokémon if you deem then required.
Roleplay Sample: Post a link to your most recent post in a Roleplay, regardless of how old it is or where it was posted. This will help us determine if your writing style is adequate and somesuch o3o

Either that or you can just type up something real quick, should you have no posts in a Roleplay, in which case hello new person, we like fresh blood around here. As for this kind of sample, it can be about anything as long as it shows your elegant prose and flowing punctuation.​

EX 04 - USEFUL LINKS

For the Roleplay

For Contact
Team Update Titanpad: https://archetypes.titanpad.com/31
VM (Chalifoux): Click me!
PM (Chalifoux): Click me as well!

EX 05 - THE CURRENT CAST

the BOYS
  1. Cutie Patootie - Dirk Francis [Kiklion]
  2. Detective (Holmes?) - Seth Zenith [«Chuckles»]
  3. Genus Instructus - Nyx Lane [NyxShooter]
  4. Custom Bolded Title? Too Mainstream... - Drake Callibur
  5. Somebody To Love: - Riku Graham [Charizard_Man]

the GIRLS
  1. Overly Attached Sister - Delilah Forth [Chalifoux]
  2. Hatched at the Daycare - Megan T. Cooke [eeveeandmew]
  3. Ruled by Life - Charlotte White [TheFinalWatchman]
  4. Honoring Madeline - Herra Walker [Logical Cabbage]
  5. Humble to an Oversize - Reyna Marshall [-Sam]
  6. Just Dess - Dess Foster [Vintage Arachnid]

they all like CARMEN <3

Last edited:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Just wanted to say that this is an incredibly well thought out and attractie roleplay. I'm surprised you came up with it in just a day! Definitely expect a character sheet sooner than later!

P.S. I loved the theme song. It was great~

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
What Watchman said.

Obligatory side note!: I shouldn't, but I shall.

Going to have an SU up one of these days (hopefully by next week if that's not too long). Thinking about doing Croagunk and Meditite.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Chalifoux

Years
You are both too kind, and your thoughts on this simply warm my heart :3

@Watchman. You can't really go wrong when it comes to Bastile, even less so when Florence Welch is thrown to the mix ;] Glad to have you on board in the course of eventually!

@Kiklion. You should, and you must. No problem with submitting next week. As I said in the OP there is no time limit so no rush. Be ready when you can! o3o Croagunk/Meditite does sound like an interesting combo, so I'll be sure to stay tuned to see how it plays out~

I'll add both of you to the list of the current cast for convenience's sake, as well as me and TheSnivyMaster, because we will also (eventually) post character sheets. On that same note, I'll be dumping a barely filled entry below:

[SIZE="+5"]Furisode Girl Delilah[/SIZE]
tumblr_msn52kkmUG1sb87h1o1_500.gif

Theme Song

106.jpg
104.jpg

"A thousand miles seem pretty far but they've got plains and trains and cars!"

For the T R A I N E R

Full Name: Delilah Forth
Trainer Class: Furisode Girl

Appearance: As a Furisode Girl, it is required that Delilah takes upmost care of her appearance. She always makes sure to look regal and elegant (with the right amount of delicate) wherever she goes. Her skin is a peachy one, soft to the touch and free of any and all imperfections that could ever afflict her. Her hypnotizing gaze is known to drag the attention of many a person. Her eyes are a delightful caramel-colored and are very round in shape. Her eyelashes are thick and cover a decent length, making for some literal "eye candy" altogether. Her face is rounded, with her pronounced chin as the only exemption to this statement. Amidst her flurry of hair, one can easily distinguish her prominent ears, which are, in her own words, "the wort parts of her body". Her shoulders are considerably wide in spite of her thin complexion, and here neck is somewhat long (although it isn't something that stands out between her hair, and ears. Two hair accessories, shaped like a yellow and pink stars, adorn what becomes a rather long lock after they are placed, for obviously esthetic reasons, of course.

Her furisode is just as big, unrevealing and colorful as one would expect it to be. It is long and indadvertedly extends all the way to her feet, with a small piece of the clothing wrapping nicely around her waist. The furisode covers her entire body, save her hands and a portion of her chest (nothing too revealing). The piece of clothing on itself is filled with a flower prints and some strips running around, all of them of a darkened brown and of several different sizes. The main body of the furisode is a pure-white, making a decent contrast. With her arms down, it just looks like a bunch of cloth. Such is because the sleeves are quite long, around 87 centimeters or so. With her arms raise, however, it does look certainly appealing.

The one-piece attire is accompanied by simple, white slippers that provide mild support for her walks. Her height and weight are of 5' 6'' and 130 pounds, respectively.

Personality: A harmonic lady who firmly believes that things have to be done with a moderate pace in order to be done in the right way, or else they should be avoided altogether. A rightfully curious person, who likes (or rather, needs) to be informed in matters regarding anything that can be regarded.

Practical on every sense, she likes to do things by the books, so long as they prove to work. Unadventurous, and not much of a traveler, or someone who likes to take risks. She likes to be safe, and spends most of her time indoors, as she affirms that being in a place with four walls is better than hanging out in the open. People-Oriented, in the sense she likes to socialize with many different people, or at least to be around them. She can easily make friends, and hardly gains any enemies. When she does, however, it's because they conflict greatly with her beliefs, and when this happens she can pretty much develop a feeling of unjustified hatred towards them. She looks up to Valerie, leader of the Laverre City Gym, and it is her dream to be as elegant and skillful to eventually assume the role of Gym Leader. Dutiful, not giving up on something until it is finished, regardless of the time, resources and effort that shall be consumed. Not Entirely Comprehensive, in the sense that, while she respects points of views, she rarely understands the reasoning behind them if they differ enough from hers, and can hardly accept a belief someone tries to bestow upon them. She firmly believes that does who are lazy deserve nothing but the mean eye. Her point of view on "evil" people that harm others is that their skill is channeled in the wrong way, and that they should be taught a better way of using their abilities. She is not afraid of talking about her strong points, and, in some cases, can begin to brag about herself rather indadvertedly.Can Get Too Dependent on People, if she has spent enough time with them, as happened with her older brother. If this is the case, then her decisions are based upon those people she heavily relies on. She may end up doing things she rarely approves of while this occurs, even when she clearly understands they're not correct.

Backstory: Born and raised in Lumiose City, located on the Kalos region, or for most part of her life that is. Daughter of a Cab Driver and a Scientist, living in one of the many identical buildings with her mother, father and her brother Janus. During her childhood she was averagely smart, and an average daughter that did average girl things. The only thing she was particularly known for is her serene nature, and how she could get easily obsessed with getting things done right. Many a night she spent on school assignments, and even more so learning to cook, followed by more of them learning the basics of Pokemon training, exchanging most of her free time to do all these things the best way possible. She devoted herself to mathematics, stylish gourmet meals and the training Fairy-type Pokemon. As these three in specific seemed to be what she was best at from the get-go. Many a times she was granted with scholarships for her easy understanding of the difficult equations that seemed to find her way to her calculator with more and more frequency. At one point she began to slack away her studies, being 14 years of age, in favor of being a better cook. Much to her parent's dismay and constant protests, she dropped school altogether for a job offer as a chef's assistant in Restaurant Le Yeah, which, in her own words "was even better than Sushi High Roller while she was working there". Her parents, and even her brother, tried to convince her to not abandon school, but she was determined to be a cook and refused to be convinced otherwise.

Not many important people stopped by Le Yeah, as they all preferred to have a nice dinner with the Champion and not on some other random restaurant. At least they had more people than Le Nah, but still. One particular person that arrived while she was working (and, more specifically, while she battled customers as "Novice Cook Delilah" on a particularly popular Single Battle Course), was a Gym Leader, and none other than the delicate, yet strong Fairy-type user of hypnotizing eyes: Valerie.

It was clear that when it was time that the two of them fought Delilah had to loose, and she did, and quite quickly at that. However, Valerie saw her skill when it came to the way she battled, and thus offered her a place as a Trainer in her Gym. She refused at first, unwilling to abandon her family and her job as a cook. Valerie offered to pay the expenses of moving her household to Laverre, seemingly set on acquiring Delilah as her Gym Trainer. With her mind quickly changing goals, she went and convinced their family to move into a rather small town on the outskirts of Lumiose. By, convince, of course, I mean she tried to force them to go with her, only managing to leave with her brother, Janus, who would serve as her legal guardian while she was a Trainer at Valerie's Gym.

It was just the two of them, but the income from battling Trainers at the Gym and her brother jumping from job to job was enough to survive. It was during this time that the two developed a close relationship, as if it were the best of friends and not just brother and sister. She'd do about anything with Janus, save being at the Gym.

When the broadcast aired, it took the efforts of both Valerie and Janus to convince her to leave. Granted, she thought Janus would go with her. As she boarded, she believed Janus was already on board, but this turned out to be a lie, leaving her on her own, tears on her eyes as she realized that she'd be away from who he cared the most for, and from the job she had loved the most.

It was a new start, but not one she had planned at all.​

For the P O K E M O N

loveball.png
621.png
loveball.png

Dru / Druddigon [M] Lv.1 // Rough Skin
dragon.gif
& Leer | Scratch | Hone Claws

Hatched (Lv.1) at Laverre City
OT: Delilah

This Druddigon was received as an egg, and was a gift from her older brother, Janus, on the moment she was accepted as a Gym Trainer in Valerie's Gym. The gym, however, is exclusively for fairy-type Trainers, so she really hasn't had much chance of Training Dru ever since the egg hatched a month ago. She does interact with it whenever she is outside the gym, so the two of them are great friends in spite of the lack of training for the Dragon-type.​

pokeball.png
572.png
pokeball.png

Min / Minccino [F] Lv.7 // Cute Charm
normal.gif
& Pound | Aqua Tail | Fake Tears

Met in a Faraway Land at Lv.1
OT: Janus

While she isn't exactly sure for what purpose, it seems Janus had been around the Unova region when Delilah was just a toddler. Furthermore, it seems Janus managed to hatch a Minccino while being there, but it also seems he didn't raise it much, and instead he decided to gift it to his brother.​

Misc: She keeps a small pair of reading glasses with her at all times, but she rarely uses them at all.
Roleplay Sample: Been a while since I have posted in a Roleplay, so... Lemme dig something up~

Last Group Post
Last GM Post
Last Joint Post
Last Individual Post

"Hey there Delilah... you be good... and don't you miss me."

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023

Det.
Seth Zenith

Gbf8vJ2.png

Seth Sentry <3 man is this guy a champ

For the T R A I N E R
Full Name: Seth Zenith
Personality: Seth is a very lax man, he is also rather dense, and the only thing he knows is to either have fun or to work. One could say he is optimistic, but when you get right down to it, he's actually just an idiot, a man child, which contrasts greatly to the work he does. Seth is a capable detective who is quite apt at his job for someone who is the village idiot. While solving a case, Seth tends to be lighthearted and good-humored, preferring to work through it with a grin on his face. Despite him knowing the value and necessity of remaining calm in the face of a crime, Seth tends to be impulsive outside of work. His partner, a Heracross named Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star), who helps Seth in his day job. Seth views his Pokemon as partners and friends rather than possessions. A value instilled by his father from an early age.
When not out and about solving crime aka off duty, Seth is normally at the local Inn as he is forced to travel a lot due to his work. While never claiming to be an alcoholic, he is a heavy drinker. He is somewhat sarcastic more edged to the joking side. He doesn't take everything serious which can help lighten the mood or make things worse for him. He places everyone's safety above his own, which is one of the first rules and values he learnt as a rookie police officer.

Backstory: Seth was born in the small town of Verdanturf, where he spent the first stage of his life running around, doing childish things. His parents were both esteemed Pokemon breeders who were constantly away from home at either the daycare center or somewhere far away, helping society. Initially Seth like any other kid found it difficult to adjust to the living arrangements, eventually this transformed Seth into an independent child whose family relied on him to be mature and that he had to grow up quickly if his living life was going to work out, this could be one of the main causes he grew up to be so childish that he never got the childhood he wanted so he may as well get what he can. Seth's father was a gentle man, very caring and polite and truly understood that his son didn't like the fact that he and his wife could barely be around to see his son. Sadly, his job had to come first, he was not in a position where he can just up and leave and the important research he was conducting was too valuable to allow someone else to take the credit for. Seth's mother was similar to his father but had trouble showing the way she truly felt about the situation knowing that if both of them understood that the home environment for Seth was bad that both their jobs would be in jeopardy. Seth spent much of his childhood watching Detective shows and inside his head it instantly clicked "I want to be a Detective". Seth grew up all his life wanting to become a detective, he wanted to solve the murder with only a handful of clues, he wanted to defuse a bomb with just duct tape and a pocket knife.
Eventually Seth's parents decided to give him a gift for his tenth birthday, a Pokemon egg which eventually hatched into his very own Heracross. As life went on, so did Seth and once he moved away from home he was free to do what ever he wanted (apparently the Pokemon world has no constitution and only Pokemon related criminals get in trouble), he joined the police academy and his life long dream was about to unfold. After a year or so in training he was released into the field and showed that he would be very successful at his job. After another year or so Seth was now a Detective, he was solving all sorts of crime from mass robbery, murders, strange disappearances. At one point he became so entangled into a case that when he was working 24/7 even at home. But that was just one case of many, he hadn't had one sick day ever, he had never taken paid vacation either to be crude his job had him by the balls and he didn't even care. He loved it. He felt that he should do something, after those first few years in the police force he was beginning to feel burnt out, he decided he was going to take a trip to where ever the next travel ad showed him to add a bit of spice to it and that's when the announcement appeared. He could go to this mysterious new Holon, he could pursue the life of a trainer. He almost immediately got up and decided that he was going to Holon. His parents gave him a parting gift, an egg that quickly hatched into a baby Tyrogue. He named it Bruce Lee after that one film actor. And so Seth's frivolous choice of adventure has placed him on a boat, bound for Holon! [roll opening]​

For the P O K E M O N
236.gif

Bruce Lee / Tyrogue [M] Lv.3 High Jump Kick | Tackle | Swift | Double Team
fighting.gif

Ability: Steadfast
Met At: Seth hatched Tyrouge from an egg a few days before leaving for Holon
Other: Bruce Lee wears a yellow jumpsuit much a like the one found in the movie A Game of Death [reference picture]

214.gif

Star Platinum / Heracross [M] Lv.7
bug.gif
fighting.gif
Harden | Double Team | Horn Attack | Toxic
Ability: Moxie
Met At: Seth first met with Kenshiro in Verdanturf Town after his parents had come home with a present for him. For his tenth birthday, his parents being the pokemon breeders gave him his veyr first pokemon, it was just an egg and at the time he had no idea what kind of pokemon would hatch out. After a few weeks or so the egg started to move and Seth lost his mind, he thought something was going wrong or that maybe it was hatching. Seth becoming extremely excited nearly dropped the egg, but before he could do that. A Heracross busted out of the egg and thus the lifelong friendship between a man and his dog? pokemon began.
Other:

Misc: Seth is a drunk who also won a Pulitzer and an oscar because the plot called for it.
Roleplay Sample: [x] you may think that this isn't my most recent post but at the time when I was apart of SAO:S I had written a huge amount of material and I was only postig small fractions of it at a time because I didn't want to overload everyone and because I needed something to copy and paste as I had something coming up.​

gon lev this 'ere

Yes I am gonna use this CSS for everything, sue me.

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
ERMAHGERD! CHALIFOUX/EB/VATO/RESOLUTION! RESERVE ME!

I'm having dreams of a Holon Brotad.

For the T R A I N E R

Full Name: Dexter Vespers
Gender. Male

Appearance: Any and all physical traits from their head to their toes, what they wear and any other applicable things not mentioned here.

Personality: Their way of behaving on their own, with others and towards their surroundings. Their best traits, skills, and their... ahem, flaws.

For the B A N D (For the band!) For the B A N D!

Spoiler:

Misc: Anything about the Trainer that doesn't fit the above fields goes here, and it can be around the same guidelines as the Other section for Pokémon if you deem then required.

Roleplay Sample: Post a link to your most recent post in a Roleplay, regardless of how old it is or where it was posted. This will help us determine if your writing style is adequate and somesuch o3o

Either that or you can just type up something real quick, should you have no posts in a Roleplay, in which case hello new person, we like fresh blood around here. As for this kind of sample, it can be about anything as long as it shows your elegant prose and flowing punctuation.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
Full Name: Megan T. Cooke
Appearance: Long light blue hair, bright green eyes, almost white skin. about 5' 3". weighs about 120 lbs. Very thin body. Not physically strong. Wears either a long black dress or a dark green top with jeans. Her shoes are a very dark green pair of tennis shoes. (Picture attached)
Personality: She likes to meet new people, and discover new places. She is a bit talkative, for the good or bad. She likes people who would listen to what she has to say. She does not like people who interrupt her, contradict her, or are rude. She thinks she has qualities of a leader, but she is a bit impatient. She does not, however, like getting too dirty. She also hates getting her clothes soaked.
Backstory: Megan grew up around a pokemon daycare in Violet city, her mother having run it. Before getting their first pokemon in this family, you were tasked in breeding a good pokemon. You would then get the pokemon you bred. Megan had the choice to breed either a ponyta, wooper, or a nincada. Having picked a nincada, she set about researching the species. She picked out three egg moves, Bugbite, Night slash, and Silver Wind, all of which were know by her father's starter, Scyther. She borrowed him, and a ninjask from the daycare. In just one egg, she had her starter. This was a new record, beating her mother's record of three eggs. Her mother gave her a dig tm for her nincada as a reward. Her nincada was small, and very frail, but very fast. She decided to quit being a pokemon breeder, at least for the time being.

As a trainer, she has only gotten a bit stronger, yet she believes in Nina to win anything that stands in their way. Nina is easily outmatched by most she faces, but she does not give up easily. They keep going, getting stronger one battle at a time. They are unable to beat the gym, because of Nina's bug typing. Megan was always told she was a horrible trainer by others, as she was unable to beat the gym. For awhile, she gave up on succeeding as a trainer, and went back to being a breeder. Soon after returning, Nina's mother disappeared, causing the little nicada to become very sad. Megan's Father set out to find her, but to this day has not returned.

After the disappearance of her father, Megan became a trainer once again to set out to find him. That was a month ago. Meagan has since made it through the Ruins of alph, route 32, Union cave, route 33, and Azalea town, all while searching for her father and Nina's parents.

Nickname: Nina
Species: Nincada (Trying something new fro me.)
Type: Bug/Ground
Level: 10
Met At: egg hatched in Violet city, at lv 1.
Other: Is very energetic for a nincada.
Ability: Compound eyes
Moves: Bugbite(Egg), Night slash(Egg), Silverwind(Egg), and Dig(Tm).

Misc: Can't think of anything at the moment.
Roleplay Sample:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8341774#post8341774
AND
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8342336#post8342336
AND
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8321995#post8321995

Good enough? :)

Last edited:

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
Years
Hey Props on the cool song, finally a roleplay im ontime. If my roleplay needs anywork, please dont hesitate to let me know. I really want a good character for a good roleplay.
PS: Super hyped for this roleplay.

Full Name: Nyx Lane
Backstory:
"Mommy, why is that kid alone?"

Pretty much what Nyx would hear on a daily basis going through the back alleys of Lumiose city. Nyx was a trouble maker, and boy did people have a score to settle with him. Though as a kid he was quick on his feet, and quite capable of climbing, sometimes he got too arrogant and picked fights with wrong people. Nyx was about to return to his makeshift hut when he heard a whissing noise as something hard and metallic hit the back of his head. He was outcold, and no one in Lumiose avenue particularly gave a sh!t as some boys dragged him into one of the back alleys.

During his blackout phase Nyx was dreaming of his early childhood in the orphanage. There was Ms Maggie who had a Misdreavus as a little 'helper'. Helper for her cruel needs of course. Ms Maggie had tortued all the inphants there using a very stiff wooden ruler. She would smack anyone on the nape if they weren't doing their job, or if she was in the mood for smacking. Ms Maggie entirely forbid any form of education to the kids. The Orphanage was very broken down, and had a lot of health hazards. When Nyx left the Orphanage he wondered if it was legal, or if health inspectors knew it existed. On the top floor of the library is a supposed library. No one knows if its true or not, as Ms Maggie always keeps an eye on it.

One day, however, the building was starting to fall apart and all the wood on the roof collapsed. The whole 1st floor was a mess and 1 kid died. Ms Maggie helped the kids collect, or lets use the term...encouraged. Nyx saw this as opportunity. He took out a lighter in his pocket which he found on the first day when Ms Maggie dropped it, and was beating every child to find who stole it. Nyx sprinted up the stairs and quickly set fire to them so Ms Maggie couldn't chase him. Ms Maggie saw him and told Misdreavus to launch a shadow ball at him. Nyx barely dodged it and got a scar on the right side of his cheek. Misdreavus used Rain Dance to put out the fire immediately, and decided not to chase me. No one knew what horrors lurked up there. The moment Nyx found the Library, he almost wet himself. There were Zubats sleeping on the ceiling and he could've sworn he saw a little glint, like off of a shiny object.

Nyx started to shiver as the area was unusually cold. Nyx just wanted to find some books, and get out of here as fast as possible. Nyx found the 'M' section and took every book about Mathematics he could find. He found a napsack with countless holes in it, but none big enough for the books to fall off of. The Library looked burnt, and it wasn't very long ago. Some areas there were still flickering candles with fresh wax. Nyx didn't want to know who, or what lives up here. Nyx grabbed books on psychology, Pokemon, Pokemon Anatomy, Human Anatomy, Pokemon Genus classification, by the time he was done his napsack was really heavy, so he simply lugged it along.

Nyx found a small hole in the wall, however it was pretty high up, and Nyx was only 9, albeit he was older than the other kids in here but not by a lot. He wasn't too sure if he could climb up.. He didn't know how to properly climb, he had to try though. No way was he going back with Ms Maggie. He started grabbing the jutting out pieces of wood. He had many splinters and blood on his hand, and his knees were scraped really bad from all the times he fell. When he got out, he saw something which almost made him fall backwards. There was a curious little Pokemon with gems for eyes, and 3 gems on its back. It was looking at Nyx with a curious look, and a very unnerving smile.

After calming down, and sitting down, Nyx took out his Pokemon book out of the countless books in the napsack. He identified the Pokemon as a Sableye, yet it wasn't like the Sableye in the book. The Book showed the color that the Sableye infront of him was, identified as a Lucidum Genus, or 'Shiny' Pokemon which have a different look, yet no differences stat wise. He petted the Pokemon and realized it had a crack on one of its gem eyes. The Sableye never really got "caught" by Nyx. It just went around with him. The Sableye taught Nyx how to properly climb. Though Nyx grasped the subject easily, he wanted to read his books as well. However when he tried to read the books, he didn't have trouble understanding them, that wasn't the problem. Sableye was seriously ADD and couldn't sit still. He tried to give the Sableye little climbing exercises to do i.e. climb this building, climb that building, climb all the building in Bleu Plaza, but the Pokemon did it with such ease. Nyx told him to climb Lumiose Tower and the Sableye came back half an hour later. Nyx had decided that this guy needed a Pokeball.

Putting his books down, he went and started to do street performances. He would bet money with adults that he could do a math problem they couldn't. It was how he made his living and, soon enough, bought a Pokeball. He caught Sableye, marking him as his. However he would always regard Sableye as his equal. One day reading a literature-culture book, Nyx found out that Gold had a very high value in the market, and since a shiny Sableye is the color of gold, he decided to name his Sableye 'Chryseum'. Chryseum ment gold in Latin, and Nyx saw it as very fitting.

As Nyx grew older to the ripe age of 16, he started to catch more and more Pokemon, but his bond with Royal still outclassed all his other Pokemon. Nyx did his classic street performance act to a man with fancy hair and a Polo Shirt. The man beat him, but not without struggle. This man turned out to be Professor Sycamore, and Nyx was proud and dissapointed that he wasn't able to beat him, but proud that at the age of 16 with no proper education he was able to almost beat a Professor. Professor Sycamore offered him a job and he said he had no qualifications, i.e. Majors. Professor Sycamore, ever so generous payed for his University Finances, however Nyx put a hold on University and went and travelled across the regions. Nyx would setup small camps here and there, which he can fall back on. While travelling the world, Nyx didn't challenge any gym leaders, nor did he stay around for other events. Nyx would only do research and take notes in his light yellow notebook. People would see him as a creep when they saw him expecting a mere rock. He was used to it by now, but some kindness wouldn't hurt.

Nyx was quite proud with his continental work. He returned to Lumiose City when he was 18 and heard of the Holon Expedition. Nyx donned his well-earned labcoat, even though he ended up never taking university, Sycamore still accepted him as a co-worker. Nyx had never planned on joining Sycamore for too long, and only stayed for a year. He then prepared for the Holon expedition, taking his two favorite Pokemon which he wasn't able to train very well, but still kept as an eternal partner. As a parting gift, Sycamore also gave a Scraggy whe he wasn't able to look after anymore. The Scraggy new the Egg move Drain Punch which was very impressive. He took in the Scraggy and quickly bonded with it. The two shared a lot in common. Sycamore always complimented Nyx and asked him whether he was a child prodigy or a special child. He had no clue, he never really had anyone to tell him if he was gifted.

Nyx, out of all the regions he travelled, loved Hoenn. He specifically loved Slateport City with its sweet smell of fresh air and combination of salt water. Nyx hopped on a boat headed from Kalos to Hoenn, and to stop at Slateport. When arriving, he went to his old camp which he left in Slateport. It has obviously been used before which both makes him proud and afraid. Proud, for the fact that he was able to shelter someone in obvious need, and afraid and worried in case it was too easy to find. Nyx didn't think much of it. He signed up for the expedition to Holon, and waited to be called for when the boat was to set out. Nyx felt water splashed on his face as he woke up in a seemingly dark room. Some people with crowbars and metal pipes were standing infront of him. Nyx couldn't reach his Pokeball, so he just braced himself for the beating he was about to get. After getting bludgeoned they threw Nyx outside. He was outside the Slateport Dock, thrown out of a seemingly old house. He went to his little hideout and tended to his wounds, and waited for the announcment to leave to Holon.

Appearance:
baea1b06ad97271d54d592eb1018277b.jpg

Lane can usually be seen with short, straight black hair. Nyx tends to comb his hair, and keeps hygiene an important thing. Lane has fair skin, and usually wears a large coat, even in the middle of summer. It never ceases to amaze people how he can remain in more adequate conditions in a coat than they can in a tank top. He used to wear spectacles but then got eye surgery and has 20/20 vision. Nyx always carries a razor in his backpocket and shaving cream to be able to shave at a moments notice. Lane weighs 83kg and is 2m tall. He is now wearing black combat/hiking style boots as he is going to travel to an urban area.
Personality: Nyx is quite awkward in most situations, and does not have a lot to do with his freetime...except analyze every species of pokemon that is. Nyx's whole life was devoted to logical thinking. GRASS absorbs WATER. FIRE burns GRASS. WATER puts out FIRE. WATER erodes ROCK. GRASS grows in ROCK...Nyx had a whole notebook with super-effective, effective, and not so effective types against eachother, he analyzed every Pokemons typing, and he was especially intriguied in dual typing. Nyx tried not to act rash, however he sometimes did with his diagnosis of ADD. His ADD also caused him to screw up a lot of his experiments.

Nyx was devoted to rationalism, and could almost always think his way out of a pickle. Besides his mediocore puns, Nyx does have a side to him where he likes to have fun. Nyx loves to go around the beautiful city of Lumiose, night-club hopping and alley chasing. Nyx also loved to travel. He never had a home as he was orphaned at an early age, so he never inherited a house. Nyx's orphanage teacher, Ms Maggie, was truly his main influence in life. He never wanted to be cruel to people who were younger or weaker than him, and wanted to protect them.He tried his best to be king to people when they needed it. Nyx was also slightly self-conscious as to how others viewed him. Most of the time, however, he didn't give a damn. Nyx made his living as a street performer with his Pokemon, then through time he impressed a local professor of Lumiose City. He himself later became an esteemed Pokemon Scholar, and begun travelling the world. He currently resides, temporarily, in Slateport City in the Hoenn Region. Nyx also always thinks something through, maybe 10 steps ahead.

For the P O K E M O N

302.gif
Final Watch Man master has given Dobby Gif! Dobby is free elf!

Nickname: Chryseum
Nature:Bold ; Curious
Species: Genus Sableyeis
Type: Dark/Ghost
Level: 5
Met At: Orphanage Top Floor
Ability: Prankster
Moveset: Shadow Ball, Dazzling Gleam, Sucker Punch, Will-o-Wisp
Other: Royal is hyperactive, and has the ability Prankster making status affecting moves (Sleep Powder, Leer) go first if she is using it. Royal also has the ruby on its back with a crack going through it.

scraggy.gif

Nickname: Havoc
Nature: Adamant ; Headfast
Species: Genus Scraggymentos
Type: Dark/Fighting
Met At: Lumiose Back Alley====Level 3
Ability: Moxie
Moveset: Drain Punch (Egg Move), Dragon Dance (Egg Move), Zen Headbutt (Egg Move), Low Kick
Other: Havoc will, true to its name, cause Havoc. He will sometimes mess things up, wreck things, break things, etc. He is like his great friend Royal, hyperactive.

Roleplay Sample: From [Keystones]

Let's Travel.

It was early in the morning, very early. One could still hear the garbage boats outside collecting the trash from every house in Sootopolis. Albert could guess it was near 2 AM. He could smell the salt of the ocean and the putrid smell of the garbage. He got up, and grabbed his 3 pokeballs from his mahogany desk with pencil marks and pointless doodles drawn around. He opened his oak drawer with a half broken knob and put on his usual attire. A Beanie, an Aqua Shirt, and Sad blue pants. Albert grabbed a pencil from his desk's drawer and wrote a small note for his parents. The silence was beautiful, he could hear the scratching of the lead on the mahogany, and he could hear the small snores coming from inside Regicides Pokeball. He grabbed the family canoe, and started to row. When his parents woke up, the first thing they would see is an adress, and a dock serial number. Albert wasn't running away from home, not at all, Albert was simply expanding his territory.

It was the crack of dawn when Albert could say the docks of Slateport City. He didn't have a docking permit, so he left the boat 20m away from the shore, and dropped an anchor down. He could hear the merchants waking up and the clacking of wood as people started to setup shop at the local bazaar. Albert had no intrest in challenging gym leaders. He might do it for fun some time, the only badge he had was the 'Boulder Badge'.

8 AM in the morning, Albert was browsing the bazaar of Slateport. He bought some pokemon accessories from a merchant. The city of Slateport was so alive at this time. People were bustling about, Albert had heard many different conversations of other people as they walked along, some bumping into him. Albert loved to travel, and he had a hunch that his life would be composed of exploring new areas.

Albert also valued peace and quiet. He ventured into many a forest to listen to the chirping of the birds, the rustling of sleeping Rattatas and Gulpin. He would examine the area closely and then move on. Albert was no longer Gods Joke to Man. He was a Moving joke of God.

Speaking of Gods Joke to Man, he started to set goals for himself. Albert had a small notebook of goals which he carried around, the light yellow rough notebook composed of seeing every genus of pokemon, and visiting every region. While walking through Slateport, Albert would always look around if people were staring at him. If they were, he would fix is hair, adjust his beanie, and start to walk with his back straight.

Albert also met a travelling hermit. His name was Thesios, coming from Kalos. When browsing his store, he came across some very interesting pieces of art. The man came over and said "This is my viny collection, of course they are unplayable now" he said as he pointed at vinyl's which he painted on and played with the texture of. "I use LSD to get my inspiration for these, its not a bad choice really, I make a very strong living." the hermit said very sincerely. Albert believed him, "These Vinyl's, what is this sun-looking one about?". The hermit was very happy with the question and stroked his uncombed beard. "Solaris, was a play made by a polish writer where astronauts orbit around a newfound planet. They start to hallucinate and one man sees his wife come back everynight to sleep with him, and the next morning he finds her skeleton." The guy said with a stern look. "This vinyl painting is my interpretation of what the planet looked like." Albert left the store, purchasing Solaris and carrying it around in his bag. Albert was definitley happy with his new purchase. He walked back onto Slateport avenue, breathing in the sea salt air, and mumbled to himself, "See ma, people make a living off of LSD". He said up into the clouds, not sure what he was hoping for. As if his mother in Sootopolis city was going to hear him.

Last edited:

Chalifoux

Years
Announcement: As I just realized, I ended submitting an incomplete version of this OOC Thread. Now, what does it lack to be a complete thread, you may ask. It's actually missing three important bits of the application form. Two for the 'Mons, one for the Trainer. I'm talking about Ability, Moveset and Backstory, respectively. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and hope you can forgive me for being such a numbnuts. I shall add and briefly describe those sections in a few minutes. :#

gon lev this 'ere

A'ighty! :3​

ERMAHGERD! CHALIFOUX/EB/VATO/RESOLUTION! RESERVE ME!

I'm having dreams of a Holon Brotad.

There really aren't reservations, as there also isn't a time limit or character limit as of now, so feel free to sign-up without any of them silly pressures :P

And hush child, not all pairs of eyes deserve to know about BROtad almighty

I'm so tempted to join but I really don't know if I should.

Well the decision is up to you, but if you ask me you should totally join so do give this Roleplay a thought :3​

Good enough? :)

Hmm... I have a bit of an issue accepting your application. Overall it is quite... short :| I have a really hard time picturing the looks of your character. If you are providing a picture then could you please specify heigh, weight and so on? Your personality talks mostly about her clothes and her sociability. But, is there something she likes about people? Something she dislikes about them? People she hates? Role models? Aspirations? Influences? You can further expand this section with these and many other tidbits of data, and I would greatly appreciate it if you did~

One thing I do find amusing is the fact that I always nickname my Nincada as Nina x3

Hey Props on the cool song, finally a roleplay im ontime. If my roleplay needs anywork, please dont hesitate to let me know. I really want a good character for a good roleplay.
PS: Super hyped for this roleplay.

I appreciate the compliments and the hype as well [HYPE APPRECIATION INTENSIFIES] :3
I seem to have no complaints on your application (which is good) save for one little detail.
It never really mentions this, but, is Nyx a child prodigy of sorts, because that's the vibe I get from him being so analytical and having traveled the world at age 18. It's not so had to believe, really, I just look for clarification on that matter o3o​

And with that, I'll add all of you to the list as well~
I'll be looking forward to what your characters end up looking like :3

Chalifoux

Years
@NyxShooter. Alrighty. As for the shiny Pokemon, we will have to see on that, as shiny Pokemon are a thing I like to give to players that do impress me quite a bit ;)

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
Years
I finished my little backstory setup, its about 10 paragraphs long. Hope thats enough to impress you :P. Im also cool with the tl;dr response, I think I may have gone into a bit too much detail, sorry if that's the case.

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
MagusFrontwind.gif

Does anyone plan on coming from the Hoenn Region? My character is coming from Hoenn so having someone to go along with wouldn't be a bad thing.

I have a question regarding Mega Stones, are they in this or not?

Last edited:
Years
Here it is! My beautiful SU, so you all can have something pretty to look at.

For the T R A I N E R

Full Name: Drake Callibur

Appearance: Drake has long, dark brown hair with a badass red highlight that EVERYONE notice. His eyes are also red, and normally transfim position. He tends to wear a black beanie hat, with a red feather on the right side intead of the left, 'cause left is so mainstream. Around his neck is a blue charm, which actually looks somewhat similar to Agnés' s Charm. (Look it up if you must.) He also is often seen wearing dark colored shirts, though he never wears the same shirt over and over. Yet for some reason, he always wears black jeans, and owns a crap-ton of dark jeans. His shoes are black Converse, because they go with literally everything. His somewhat scrawny body can easily support a heavy backpack filled with supplies for a journey, so if you need him to carry something, he's your man! Ironically, however, Drake only wears a red fanny-pack on his left hip, so he can store items when the need comes. His skin is surprisingly not pale, but instead taking on more of a tannish complexion. He is also taller than average, with his height reaching 6'0". However, his build makes him a bit lightweight, leaving him at 130 pounds.

Personality: Drake is an oddly dark character, nornally keeping to himself. Talking to other humans are not one of his primary concerns, but he can actually think of a lot to talk about. Deep down, though, Drake is a good guy who cares about other people, yet he doesn't normally show it unless he has a strong bond with said person. His diet is somewhat small, but he eats enough to survive. He truly loves Pokémon as well, showing quite an interest for the smaller Pokémon, apparently wanting to bring out the full power of such creatures. Also, he is in love with the women, and would gladly do anything for a lovely lady he didn't even know.

Backstory: Drake has always had a good life, having a best friend such as Sven made everything a lot more interesting. He never really got in trouble, except that one time Sven was caught in his backpack at school, because his acedemy at the time was strict about "those pests", as they called it. He lived in a good home, cared about by two loving parents and a younger brother named Dill, who Drake always called "Pickle" to annoy the little one. Drake was never part of the "popular" group, yet still had a myriad of friends who were quiet like him. However, Drake in himself was not of the norm, as his ADD influenced his grades to become a solid C+ student.

He often is seen outside with Sven, exploring the beauty that is his home: Lumiose City. Cafes are a common destination for the duo, as they enjoy watching the people walk by, sometimes laughing at how ridiculous a guy's piercings are, or occasionally Drake getting awestruck by a woman who he probably would never see again. Drake has always craved adventure, and even ventured out on his own onto Route 6, before he and Sven were intimidated by the Lv. 10 Furfrou and Pancham outside the city and ran back in fear. Drake saw the commercial and thought "Maybe this is the adventure I'm looking for...", so with a goodbye to his parents and brother, he took his only two Pokemon, and with the help of his father, who was also a Pokemon Trainer, flew to Coumarine City to get to the docks, where Drake boarded the ship and headed off to Holon, the mysterious region of uncertanty.

For the P O K E M O N

Snivy_zpse33b6721.png
Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.png

Nickname: Sven

Species: Snivy

Type: Grass

Met At: Sven is actually as old as Drake himself, the egg owned by Drake's father hatching seconds after Drake was born. The Snivy apparently hatched by fate, seeing as it hatched moments after his trainer's son's birth. Therefore, Drake's father decided to allow Drake to play with the Snivy, therefore having an eternal friendship, even brothership, that not even time can break. Sven hatched at Lv. 1, at the hospital that Drake was born.

Ability: Overgrow

Moveset:
Tackle
Leer
Swords Dance
Glare

Other: Sven tries his hardest in battle, because he knows the Drake is behind him. Without Drake, Sven would probably go insane, as the Snake Pokemon has a deep friendship with his trainer. Also, Sven usually doesn't go into his Poke Ball, unless it's a serious situation.

Melodiam_zpsb2ed6f87.png
Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png

Nickname: Melodiam

Species: Togepi

Type: Fairy

Met At: Togepi was a wild one indeed, causing mischeif around Drake's city of Lumiose. Stole a ton of stuff, like shiny earrings and rings. As Drake was running around the city with Sven (because Sven goes EVERYWHERE with him), the duo caught the Togepi trying to plunder a necklace. The Togepi ran off, not knowing where it was going, eventually getting stuck in an alley with Drake and Sven tailing them. The Togepi then attacked, resulting in an epic battle ending with Drake throwing a convienient Poke Ball at the weakened Togepi, resulting in it's capture. Melodiam was caught at Lv. 5 at Lumiose City.

Ability: Hustle

Moveset:
Growl
Charm
Metronome
Lucky Chant

Other: This Pokemon wears unplugged headphones atop her head, thinking music will play again sometime, as she fell in love with Drake's choice of songs before Drake sneakily took the MP3 player from her possession, yet keeping the headphones on. Actually, this is also how she can use Lucky Chant, as the effect of everything being muffled allows her to focus, allowing her to channel her energy into a chant, which prevents critical-hits.

Misc: None.

RP Sample: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7991177&postcount=77 (I love this post so much~)

Aaand... yup, that's it~

Last edited:

Chalifoux

Years
Well alrighty, let's-a-see:

I finished my little backstory setup, its about 10 paragraphs long. Hope thats enough to impress you :P. Im also cool with the tl;dr response, I think I may have gone into a bit too much detail, sorry if that's the case.

First of, props on the exclamation mark censorship :P

Poor little Nyx sure has gone thru a lot, has he not? The Orphanage sounds like a horrible place (even more so given how we don't even know if it was actually allowed to be in the first place) so I'm glad he got out of there at last. He seems to be skilled in making a huge mess of things. Tho I wonder how he managed to find a lighter and gasoline to burn them stairs so quickly :P

Misdreavus used Rain Dance to put out the fire immediately, and decided not to chase me

You probably meant to type "him" instead of "me" in this sentence~

The part about carrying a heavy knapsack around are bleeding out of wood splinters sounds slightly unbelievable, given the fact he was, as you said, just six years old. Perhaps have him being a bit older in this portion? Maybe 9 or 10 years of age could work.

Sycamore sure is a wealthy man with generosity on the side! Maybe he doesn't spend all his money on crepes as I thought him to! Just a note on the journey around the regions: make sure to not overdo this greatness that he seems to have achieved. It's only been two years since he began to travel, and I'm guessing the only way he could travel to so many places is that he never had the full journey experience (i.e. no gym battles or such, just travels and research)?

Nyx, out of all the regions he travelled, loved Hoenn. He specifically loved Staleport City

*Steelport City o3o

Do give Sableye some status move, he seems heavily offensive and could have trouble later on if he's not well rounded. A suggestion, of course. You don't really have to do this if you don't want to or if such offensiveness was intended in the first place.

Really, there isn't much of an issue, as everything does seem to explain itself in his innate skills as a prodigy in being prodigious. Loving the sample, and also how you chose to actually give a scientific name on the Species section xD Taxonomic ranks ftw! You might want to change Scraggy's to "Scraggymentos lucidum". Lucidum is latin for shiny, so congrats on that one ;]

Do take a look into that, but I'll still go ahead and approve Nyx~

So long story short, have a gold star in your forehead and make sure to change that Scraggy sprite for a shiny one because you are accepted! Welcome aboard! I was going to make Sableye shiny but that would make the whole "purple = royal" thing seem pointless :P​

Now, let us move on:

I fixed mine up. Hope it is enough.

Hmm... I'll be taking your sign-up form as the minimum required and accept it as it is. I do ask of you to make your posts of a reasonable length and quality for the duration of your stay in this Roleplay. I'll also make the same "too offensive" moveset suggestion to you as I did for Nyx, with special emphasis on this case since Nina is the only 'Mon that can protect Megan and because Nina has no start moves that its species are born with (I'm talking about Scratch, of course)~

If you choose to keep the moveset as is or not is up to you. I will go ahead and say you are accepted, so be very much welcome!​

MagusFrontwind.gif

Does anyone plan on coming from the Hoenn Region? My character is coming from Hoenn so having someone to go along with wouldn't be a bad thing.

I have a question regarding Mega Stones, are they in this or not?

Aww shucks, I just set my mind on having my character being one of Valerie's Furisode girls (since it verily much allows for the rationalized use of some heavily eccentric clothing) so she'll be from Kalos unfortunately. TheSnivyMaster's char is also from Kalos, as far as I'm able to tell :< Nyx is also from Kalos and Megan is from Johto. Nyx has been in Hoenn, tho. Maybe you and NyxShooter can make so that they had met at some point in the past?

As for the Mega Stones, I didn't plan for them to be present in this Roleplay. As you very well know getting one, knowing what it is and then getting the gear to actually use it is not an easy task, nor one that everyone can dominate. But I'll take a look into it, and will get back to you on that one at some point.​

And finally:

Aaand... yup, that's it~

Confidence much? I can easily fix that with some reviewing of your application :>

Badass is not a word that can paint a clear enough image on my head, but I'll go ahead and assume it just looks nice.

Agnés' s Charm

Looked it up, results inconclusive. Perhaps describe how this charm looks like physically? Both Nyx and Drake are from Lumiose, the holy capital of baguettes. so perhaps they could have crossed paths before? Who's to say? Me of course, I order your characters to be best friends. Now.

It's silly that such a mischievous Togepi can exist. Aren't they beings of happiness or something? x3 I guess it's not entirely out of the question (I do wonder where the pods of the earphones go at, I don't think I ver actually saw a Togepi with noticeable ears e.e

Alas, I'll go ahead and tell you you too are accepted (as if you expected otherwise ewe), so yeah, stuffy stuffs!​

All three of you will be added to the first post with your teams and stuff over the course of immediatly~​

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Just thought I'd set this here for now~

5cd8c440-f612-40da-b729-06709ac96bf9_zpsc091cd17.png

Misguided Ghosts - Paramore

For the T R A I N E R

Appearance: To say the least, Charlie is a good-looking girl. Standing at about 5'5'' and weighs roughly 131 lbs. Often using her appearance as a form of speech, she makes sure to take of herself and her clothes. Caucasian in color, her fair skin is often free of any blemishes or scars, only a few having 'damaged' her complexion before. Her round face houses her near-purple blue eyes, small nose, and only slightly thin lips. Her long hair, a light blonde, reaches about halfway down her back in order to keep it manageable. She tends to stay away from makeup, only favoring the option when she is dressed up for an important event or something akin to it.

On the case of clothing, Charlotte doesn't favor one color over another like most people. Choosing to wear anything from a skirt to skinny jeans or sweaters to tees, she can often pull most of it off. On most occasions however, you will find her dressed in one of her signature outfits (or at least a variation of such), which often includes a skirt that goes about halfway down her thighs, a tank top, and her favorite black midriff. Although not one for accessories, the girl will wear a pair of gauntlet-like sleeves that begin at her wrist and end past her elbow.

Personality: Despite Charlotte's seemingly outspoken appearance, she is rather shy and she knows it. Having both being raised and travelling in today's society, she has always grown up thinking that in order to be accepted, you must look or act a certain way. As such, she has always been afraid of what others would think of her and will often try and follow these "rules to life". She makes sure to dress fashionably, keep her body healthy, and say only say what needs to be said. Past that, she tends to avoid conversation (and on occasion, people). She gets uncomfortable, choosing to look away from others' gazes or pretending to do something as to not attract any attention. Despite all of this, friendship is not a foreign concept to her and will often rely on her friends whom she is the most open with.

While she can barely take the chance of being judged, Charlotte can never stand when someone is receiving such treatment. While her mind tells her to stay away from the problem, she can't help but help those being harassed, whether she knows the victim or not.

Being alone (or with her Pokemon and close friends) however, is when she feels the most at peace. It is here where she chooses to be herself. She becomes comfortable with talking and in some cases, singing (something that she does surprisingly well). On occasion, her friends will attempt to bring attention to this and while she can accept small quantities of such praise, she can sometimes become even more pressured than before, making her want get away.

A major problem that Charlotte has is that she doesn't quite know who she is or where she should be. Torn between what she enjoys, what people expect from her, and the family business, she feels as if she has a lot of responsibility on her shoulders. She has no idea which to choose from and is in constant fear of choosing the wrong one. Because of this, she has sort of made it her mission to make the right decision (with support from her parents). She is determined to become who she should be, thinking that when she reaches that point, she will no longer need to worry about judgement. She is hoping by doing so that she will be able to get over her shyness and carry on with her life. Whether she accomplishes this by going on a journey or simply talking to someone about it, she does not know, but when it happens, no one will be able to hold her back.

Backstory: Charlotte was born 18 years ago in Fallarbor Town to Alan and October White, a pair of Trackers. Being Trackers, her parents were often tasked with, well, tracking. To put it simply, they searched for whatever their employers, whether it be a certain Pokemon, a lost item, or anything else they wanted. It was a hard job, but it was rewarding and well, the family business. From Charlotte's birth, her parents urged and wished for, her to carry on the business when she was older. As such, they always brought the young girl along, encouraging her to participate when needed or to simply enjoy the travelling. When the two Trackers' Arcanines had their first egg, Charlotte was immediately put in charge of raising the egg.

For awhile, the pair left the girl at home while she waited for the egg to eventually hatch. During this time, she attended the Fallarbor Town Trainer School. Here, she prepared to become the egg's trainer, but also where she learned just how judgemental people can be. People all around her were either bullies or those being bullied. It was around this time that she began to act the way she does now. She made what friends she could, avoided others, defended some. The entire time she was afraid of being on the receiving end. It was also during this time that she discovered her ability to sing. Eventually, she hatched the egg (a Growlithe) and graduated from the Trainer School fairly early.

From there, she continued to work with her parents in the Tracking business for another four years. During this time, she caught a Trapinch whom she named Sampson, who seemed overly attached to it's 'mother' figure. When the Holon announcement came out, her parent's immediately began to urge her to go. The fact that the girl had not yet been on a journey of her own, as well as the fact that she was trying to find herself, made her the prime candidate for the trip. Not only would she have time with her Pokemon, but she'd also have the chance to test her Tracking skills. Finding Mew would be the ultimate test.​

For the P O K E M O N
Growlithe_zps7be8f883.gif

Anna | ♀ | Intimidate | Lv. 6
fire.gif

Bite | Roar | Ember | Morning Sun (Egg) | Howl (Egg)

Met At: Hatched in Fallarbor Town @ Lv. 1.The egg was the child of her parents' Arcanines and was given to her when she was 10 years old.

Other: This canine is fiercely loyal to her trainer and has skinnier black marks than many of her species.

Trapinch_zps29f3dc0f.gif

Sampson | ♂ | Hyper Cutter | Lv. 4
ground.gif

Bite | Superpower | Sand Attack | Mud Shot (Egg)

Met At: Hatched at Route 111 @ Lv. 1. The egg was found lying in the middle of the route while Charlotte was traveling with her father. The egg hatched as she walked towards it and seemingly acted as if the girl was its mother.

Other: Sampson is very protective of its 'mother' but that doesn't stop the Pokemon from being playful and adventurous!​

Roleplay Sample: Here ya go~

INVENTORY
  • Tracking Manual
  • Writing Pad
  • Htranceiver
  • Music Player w/ earbuds
  • 8x Pokeballs
  • 3x Potions
  • 2x Antidote

Also, Mega Evolution would be a cool thing to have. If anything, you could have a story arc about how Holon was the origin of the stones. (Not to mention the Evolutions definitely look like mutations (and change typing on occasion)!)

Last edited:

Chalifoux

Years
Just thought I'd set this here for now~

Also, Mega Evolution would be a cool thing to have. If anything, you could have a story arc about how Holon was the origin of the stones. (Not to mention the Evolutions definitely look like mutations (and change typing on occasion)!)

I'm loving the CSS on this @.@

It makes sense now that you mention it, mutations and all. The problem about not everyone being able to use mega evolution remains. Not much of a problem, actually, that way the amount of those using Mega Evolutions can be a fair share.

I'll need to sort out some details first (and maybe retcon stuff here and there) buuuut I guess you can expect something pertaining mega evolution.

Just don't expect Mega Gyarados to be Dark/Flying anytime soon ;]

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
I have a quick question. Are we allowed to have Pokemon that know Hidden Abilities or do you guys want regular abilities only

E: NVM you edited it into the SU template. I didn't read the change I just added the sections into my SU. X) Sorry about that!

Back