• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

that guy [TCTI v 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

"All of Hikari10's suspects are innocent unless if proven guilty by a court of law"

Yeah, my latest slogan. Anyone who says to me "what does the 10 mean?" I say: "It has something to do with the month I was born in".

October is the 10th month of the calendar year, so that's where the "10" in my username comes from.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

I always thought it was your favourite number, it's a lovely number D: It has such class and sophistication!

Years

I always thought it was your favourite number, it's a lovely number D: It has such class and sophistication!

10 wasn't actually my fave number, it had something to do with October - the month I was born in.

Combine that with Hikari (Japanese name of Dawn - my fave Pokemon anime character) and you get what I have!

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
It likes you too, Went.

302upt0.jpg

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years

Haha, cheers. I would hope that they would though. :o

I wouldn't have thought that you'd have a problem with it. xD

She looks pretty hot in yellow & green too imo: http://i43.tinypic.com/2q2r9t2.jpg

Also hey fable~ Didn't know you were paired to gavin.

Indeed, she does. :cer_nod:

...And before I knew it, people started recoloring my stuff xD

:cer_laugh: Nevertheless, the original image is quite nice...and now I know Nadeko Sengoku's name! :cer_love: Ooh, on second thought, she comes from that anime I heard about, OMG really long anime name Nisemonogatari! (And the "Hitagi Senjougahara" name listed probably qualifies for one of the longest anime names I've ever heard. That name's really fun to say aloud, as well. XD)

Hikari10 needs to check you for suspicious items, including:
Leaked files
Platinum-blonde hair
Death stare
Pale skin
Aiding the enemy
Hate towards Oshawott
No love for dance-pop music
[S-HIGHLIGHT]
Thinks Charizard is the best starter
[/S-HIGHLIGHT]Bombs
Metal detector
Any message that says "Hikari10 is a man"
Anyone who doesn't know the origin of the "10" in my name
Hate towards the Unova Pokemon
Tattoos
Firearms
Police badges
Haters of "Haters Gonna Hate" memes
Eskimo coats, I hate it when someone wears fur
[S-HIGHLIGHT]
Hourglasses
[/S-HIGHLIGHT]Copyright infringement on your YouTube videos
Hate towards Cheren, cos IMO he is awesome
People who don't wear nerdy glasses
Hate towards Zero Kiryuu

Bwah...but Charizard is teh awesomeness, yo. :t006: And what's wrong with hourglasses? They're so temporal and finite. XD

We finally swapped places with other chat.

Always thought it was weird we were so center stage. xD

I just knew something looked wrong on PokeCommunity's main page in the "Off-topic Discussions" section. >.< Now it just looks strange with "Other Trivia" on bottom after I had gotten used to the previous order for so long. XD It's weird that the "Other Chat and Discussions" subforum has more threads but fewer views than "Other Trivia" subforum...

10 wasn't actually my fave number, it had something to do with October - the month I was born in.

Combine that with Hikari (Japanese name of Dawn - my fave Pokemon anime character) and you get what I have!

Ohh...I thought it might've been referring to how you got Pokemon SoulSilver Version in 2010 or something. :cer_laugh: The name Hikari always reminds me of Kari from Digimon rather than Dawn of Pokemon...

Currently reliving the 2000's era of music, I loved the songs from that era...

Don't forget the 1990s! ^_^ Most awesome decade ever.

Oh, Spanish class in the Friday afternoon.

Marvelous.

I like that star in your avatar.

Also embrace the Spanish :D

Pero el número de conjugaciones es...overwhelming! (I'm not sure which WordReference synonym applies here for the word "overwhelming" >.< And I'm referring more to verbs with weird stem changes. XD) Although, admittedly, many English words can have funky spellings themselves...

Speaking of Spanish, we were reviewing subjunctive and had to identify its use in the song "Ojalá" by Silvio Rodríguez. The English translation that we had on hand was a little spotty (the teacher even said she didn't really like it that much herself), but the song sounded nice. I remember identifying a slew of "puedas" in the lyrics, though, as that was the only subjunctive verb that really stuck in my mind. XD

It likes you too, Went.

302upt0.jpg

Too cute...reminds me of Starfy and those weird little star things from Digimon Xros Cross Wars.

Random side comment: Honestly, one of the worst things to do on exams is listing something that's the reverse of the order that the question wants. I hate how many points I lose because of this. I know you should clearly read the directions during the test, but the time crunch puts so much pressure on you! OY. ;_;

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years

Your posts are always a fun read, Fenyx :D
...For anime, those names are very short, though.

Oh, thank you! :D The same goes for your posts as well! Several TCTI users' posts probably qualify, even. :cer_laugh: (Idk; sometimes I feel like people tend to gloss over my posts due to the sheer length of a number of them. Also, some of them at times tend to break the flow of conversation in TCTI, and sometimes I feel like I'm just awkwardly rambling. XD)

And true about the anime name thing - Nisemonogatari is probably just the longest one-word title (if it can be construed as "one word") that I've read in recent memory. A bunch of other titles like Fullmetal Alchemist's Japanese title, Hagane no Renkinjutsushi, probably qualify; a lot of them due to the use of multiple words; no and terms like that. On second thought, this thread is listing even more weird long ones that are mouthfuls, like Shin Shiraiyuki Hime Densetsu Pretear.

LOL; and I almost forgot about the mouthfuls that Digimon Xros Cross Wars has spawned recently: Dejimon Kurosu Wōzu: Aku no Desu Jeneraru to Nanatsu no Ōkoku and Dejimon Kurosu Wōzu: Toki o Kakeru Shōnen Hantā-tachi. (rough transliterations from Wikipedia, but even the English translations convey how long the titles seem to be)

EDIT: And apparently, Nisemonogatari is a portmanteau, which kind of explains why such a "single" word is so long...?

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Also, some of them at times tend to break the flow of conversation in TCTI
It's not exactly a torrent any more anyway, but you add to it if anything.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

Yeah, Nisemonogatari is a portmanteau (word play is one of the series' strong points) of Nisemono (false; fake) and monogatari (work of literature; story). Just like its prequel Bakemonogatari is of Bakemono (monster, demon)... And all the other thousand millions of books in NisiOisin's Monogatari series.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years

It's not exactly a torrent any more anyway, but you add to it if anything.

Hmm...now that I think about it, you're probably right. Well, as long as we reach infinity, conversation or brief bursts/spurts of thought are OK by me!

Hi everyone! It will be forever to reach to infinity...

0_0 It will?! Not if I beat her first!
*flies away in hot pursuit on Charizard*
Or maybe I should opt for a Blaziken with Speed Boost instead?

I've noticed a very weird pattern in my GOTYs.

Spoiler:

I'm probably just going crazy.

Wow...I knew Street Fighter 4 had indulged in Capcom Sequel Stagnation to an extent, but I didn't know it was that bad! :cer_laugh: I'm guessing your "runner-up Game of the Year" for 2011 is the 3DS edition?

Also, the logo for Street Fighter x Tekken is freaking awesome. The way it was animated in the trailer...I nearly cried the first time I saw that due to the brevity of the sheer awesomeness.

On another note, why is Nintendo getting shafted again (yeah, I know Nintendo consoles get their fair share of exclusives; my concern is more towards the "multiplatform" arena, which seems to have somehow mutated into meaning "only PS3/XB360")? I guess the home console shafting can't be helped due to the Wii being "underpowered" in the graphics department compared to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, but even the 3DS doesn't get a variant? I'm hoping Wii U will begin to get its own share of multiplatform games (although I'm not sure whether developers will shy away from that console due to the cost of making games that utilize the Wii U controller's screen or something, like how 3DS developers have to incorporate/keep in mind the 3D of the 3DS). Yet somehow, movie-licensed games don't really have this "multiplatform" problem, as I see Nintendo's consoles getting steady releases of those just as PS3 and Xbox360...

(Sorry if this seems rantish; I'm just dismayed that Nintendo's consoles (mostly the Wii) miss out on certain highly-anticipated "multiplatform" games that you think would normally come out on ALL home consoles, not just 2/3 of home consoles.)

Yeah, Nisemonogatari is a portmanteau (word play is one of the series' strong points) of Nisemono (false; fake) and monogatari (work of literature; story). Just like its prequel Bakemonogatari is of Bakemono (monster, demon)... And all the other thousand millions of books in NisiOisin's Monogatari series.

EDIT: Ah; thanks for clarifying! The series seems interesting, from what I've heard/read of it.

Last edited:

jpp8

Producer
Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2013

It's not that the Wii got left behind, except that it did. Fanboyism isn't healthy. Especially when the battle in question is essentially Firefox vs Chrome vs Netscape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back