• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Luminous Yellow Version [Beta 1 Released.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I announce after agreement with jesse, that It'll finally be the untaken name Luminous Yellow. I already PMed Cierra. And please if I just know that Luminous Yellow's taken... I'll put my Missingno on the other one so it's gets glitched. Mwuhaaahaaha!

Some Answers:

Pikachu cannot follow the character until I find a very strict way.

I made a scratch-map of Pewter everybody. Rate it plz...

Spoiler:

It's okay but the path right at the beginning converts to the stone path right there, I would put an end to the dirt path and then a patch of grass. Also, the mart's corners are grass when there should be the stone. Nothing major just make the mart look like the center does.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Well..uh I would consider making it the same size and such like the pewter from firered,no offense but it looks a bit weird,but eh...keep at it!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
My Post.....

There!The name is changed finally.Good luck~

I'm not writing every time i post this CSS design

NatureKeeper

It's okay but the path right at the beginning converts to the stone path right there, I would put an end to the dirt path and then a patch of grass. Also, the mart's corners are grass when there should be the stone. Nothing major just make the mart look like the center does.

'I'll do that, thanks

Well..uh I would consider making it the same size and such like the pewter from firered,no offense but it looks a bit weird,but eh...keep at it!

I lost my Pokemon Firered already. Can't know the size, and if I enlarged it I'll have to do a whole remap. XD.

My Post.....

There!The name is changed finally.Good luck~

I'm not writing every time i post this CSS design

Thanks ray. GL with yours.

Jeez. The name is nice now Luminous Yellow. That's a great name.. SEE? I told you.. You can get a great name.
Well, you're right, eheh...

Side Note: For a certain reason, YAPE (yes i have net framework 2.0) is not opening on my PC. so if anybody would like to help editing the dex order i'll be really appreciating it.

ShayminSkyForme

Guradian of Flowers
Years
Update: Hey, all! Umm.. Guys, post and keep this thread alive,k? :)

As for Luminous Yellow, I took three more screenshots. Check the first attachment please.

*The second one is the Guy with the REPEL in PEWTER, like Firered (remember, that's ruby!)
*The third is part of the DIGLETT TUNNEL when entering from VERMILLION
*The fourth is the PEWTER GYM. Only BROCK has been changed in here, though. Didn't remap the GYM yet...

NEW:

*I knew that PIKACHU and all POKéMON on the way to PEWTER are weak for ROCK-types, so I'll help you with something, TM Iron tail can be found as a hidden item in Viridian Forest.

*I'm thinking of adding the Pidgeotto event in Viridian Forest, but what level? XD

*Should I add some of the SEVII islands?

~NatureKeeper's new account, ShayminSkyForme

isacc0909

Dragon Knight
Years
more and more pokemon yellow remakes just dont be like pokemon yellow storm and not give all 3 starters also try to mabye make it so gary dosen't pop up randomly if you put him in it because that sucks if you just get out of a mountain or forest.

NatureKeeper

*The three starters will be available, however if Pikachu is at his/her Max. happiness.
*Gary will be pop out anywhere. However, He might help you in some battles against Team Rocket Grunts Jessie and James.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Hmm... it's rare to see a Yellow Remake hacked
with a Ruby Rombase.

That's actually what I like, because I like Ruby Hacks more than FR Hacks...
You should add Sevil Isles 1, 6, 7, Navel Rock and Birth Island.

For the Pidgeotto Event, I think the levels should be around Lv.6-8.

That's all. GL!

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
Years
G/S/C remakes and Yellow/Anime remakes are far too popular these days. I should not mention that you should add a loooooot of new events to give a personal touch to your hack. By the way, you should mention which game you used as a base. I can guess you used Ruby US, but guessing is always trickier. If it is Ruby US, isn't it hard to make all the Kanto events from scratch?

NatureKeeper

Well, you see :P, I lost my firered, and using Ruby will give my hack a unique touch, as more work will be done, and I'll get higher results and get advanced in scripting.

NatureKeeper

I'm aiming to do that 'looks at pokemon xd'. Er, and yeah the hero sprites will be ash and leaf. y?

And I'm thinking of inserting some new music too :).

EDIT: I'll currently be working on OWing Red's Sprite. If anybody has any suggestions please post here :)

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I'm aiming to do that 'looks at pokemon xd'. Er, and yeah the hero sprites will be ash and leaf. y?

And I'm thinking of inserting some new music too :).

EDIT: I'll currently be working on OWing Red's Sprite. If anybody has any suggestions please post here :)

Maybe no hat for Red? That would be nice.
(Since every Hero/Heroine that Nintendo made wears hats)

NatureKeeper

Hey all, I wanna mention an update I made: :)

But first, let me answer somethings...

Kurt said:
Even better than FR/LG tiles, CUSTOM tiles are. Unluckily, they are much harder to make...

Resolution: Why not? They're tonnes of Custom tiles. I might use this idea, thanks.

NPrince said:
Maybe no hat for Red? That would be nice.
(Since every Hero/Heroine that Nintendo made wears hats)

Resolution: Ya think? Red's a hat freak. But the female yeah might put that into consideration~ :)

------------​

*Changed the male backsprite into Ash's and made Ash only going back, so he wouldn't throw a Pokéball, for the first Pokémon might be Pikachu~ However that'll affect the safari zone by no animations...:
2uha5ow.png
2a5btxi.png

*Deleted the Pokéball sprites, so Pikachu won't come out of one:
2qsnlhe.png

*Changed the Brendan OW (Walking only so far)
30j1xg4.png

That'd be now, keep glued for more updates~
N.B: Sorry for the blurry screenies :(

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
This actually looks like you've put a lot of effort into it, since most yellow remakes are just fire red with a different starter for you and your rival with jesse and james standing at random places and nothing else changed

NatureKeeper

This actually looks like you've put a lot of effort into it, since most yellow remakes are just fire red with a different starter for you and your rival with jesse and james standing at random places and nothing else changed

Yeah, that's why~ However I'm gonna need someone who owns firered, though... I need all leader, elite4 and rocket sprites to replace those Aqua Grunts...

ShayminSkyForme

Guradian of Flowers
Years
Guys, Please post and keep this thread alive. I'm really trying to find ways to work for all editionss at once, I gotta work on Cintrine, Luminous Yellow and I paused Shade Mew to give you a good yellow remake. Kindly leave my thread alive. And somebody told me that If I use ASM I can change the Overworld of the character, and that means that Pikachu will maybe be following you ;)

~ShayminSkyForme, The NatureKeeper

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
Years
Deleting the pokeball sprites is a weird solution for the whole Pikachu-acting-as-in-Yellow thing. Of course, you could edit the greatball's or premierball's sprite to look like a pokeball and replace all pokeballs on sale with the "new pokeball", so that Pikachu will be the only pokemon "not to come out of a pokeball". Still, what about trainer's pokemon, pokemon you breed/trade/get? Will they all "not to come out of a pokeball"??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back