• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2013
Game Sync/Dream World HELP!!!

ok so it has been more than 24 hours, i have not messed with the clock or date on my DS at all, and ive only been using this one DS system. The only thing that has changed from last time i used dream world is the Wifi im on. Does changing wifi RESET the 24 wait AGAIN?? if so, that is completely ridiculous, They need to add some sort of clock to tell me how many hours/minutes i have remaining! Its a pain in the ass not knowing if I somehow screwed up the 24 hour timer or not!!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
ok so it has been more than 24 hours, i have not messed with the clock or date on my DS at all, and ive only been using this one DS system. The only thing that has changed from last time i used dream world is the Wifi im on. Does changing wifi RESET the 24 wait AGAIN?? if so, that is completely ridiculous, They need to add some sort of clock to tell me how many hours/minutes i have remaining! Its a pain in the ass not knowing if I somehow screwed up the 24 hour timer or not!!

I'm not sure if changing Wifi matters, but just wait for two midnights to pass, and everything should be normal.

WildDevon

XXX
Years
Archeops, Is He Worth It?

So I'm currently training an Archeops for my main team in White, but reading upon everything (stats, ability effects and whatnot) I'm questioning if I should even use him. What pokemon should I use otherwise?

Years
I have been using Archeops for quite a while and frankly said, it is worth it. I usually used it as my lead due to its high attack/speed stats and excess to U-turn. You just need to be a little bit careful to any pokemon which has a priority moves such as ice shard and bullet punch. Never ever switch in to those.

WildDevon

XXX
Years
I like him but it feels like if I get hit first I'm gonna get him fainted easily or his stupid ability Defeatist comes out and he just sucks. He already has bad Def. and Sp. Def. in the first place.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
If you're just using him for an in-game team, you'll do fine. NPCs aren't too tough to deal with despite his ability. If you're considering using him competitively, plenty of other people make it work just fine. Archeops is a glass cannon sorta Pokemon; even if he faints in the end, he won't go down without tearing a few holes into the opponent's team. His speed and attack will allow him to one-shot lots of things, in-game at least, and if you get ahold of U-Turn he can easily switch out of trouble when he needs to. Just make sure you generally keep him away from things with type advantages.

WildDevon

XXX
Years
Yeah that makes sense. I just think maybe another pokemon to consider that has more "not very effective" types to it would be good.

Years
Archeops is pretty handy cos despite its ability, it can actually destroy a few things in its track until it gets hit enough for Defeatist to trigger. I tried one myself and he did his job pretty well.

Just be careful of priority moves like what Helios said.

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2013
Is battle box basically where you set up 6 pokemon on gl and other trainers can battle that team with an ai controlling it?

I remember another game doing something similar to this but can't remember what game.

Years
Is battle box basically where you set up 6 pokemon on gl and other trainers can battle that team with an ai controlling it?

I remember another game doing something similar to this but can't remember what game.

Battle Box is a feature acccessed through the PC, where you can store 6 Pokemon for certain battle-related things like Battle Subway, Random Matchup, and infrared-linked battles.

Battle Box was introduced in Black and White, and was not featured in any previous game. It's accessed through the PC in-game and not the Global Link.

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2013
No but I just recently started this game purchased it pre-owned but reset the data & purchased 3ds new

EDIT: Could it have something to do with the fact I just put my pokemon in the pc and the pokemon has to be in there for 24 hours first?

Demeter

Obsessed Band Nerd
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 22, 2023
Is there an easier way to transfer pokemon from Gen IV to V without having to play the catching game? I have White.

Demeter

Obsessed Band Nerd
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 22, 2023
Not really, unless you want to use something like PokéCheck, which will probably be just as tedious. Only the shiny legendary beast events and the event Celebi can be transferred via the Relocater.
Thank you. It took me 3 tries to transfer over my shiny sunflora. It's so annoying.

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
Years
Wild Double Battle Chance

This is something I would like to know, what are the odds of a wild double battle in the Dark Grass? I want to know the hard-coded rate in the games not a guess of an experimental probability.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
The Keldeo event that was announced, can you download it onto BW? I know its there for B2W2, but just wanted to clarify if you can on BW. And yeah, I can't check, don't have access to my BW atm. Just wanted to see if I should try once i can again.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
The Keldeo event that was announced, can you download it onto BW? I know its there for B2W2, but just wanted to clarify if you can on BW. And yeah, I can't check, don't have access to my BW atm. Just wanted to see if I should try once i can again.

The event is B2/W2 exclusive, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back