• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
Water is so overrated nowadays, with Misty, Wallace, Juan, Crasher Wake, and now the new guy. Adding Elite Four, Lorelei has a good chunk of water types as well. Game freak better stop with the Water type craze.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I hope the Gym in Castelia is more suited for the city instead of being a giant museum of wax and gooey stuff for a bug fanatic.

Burgh's gym made me feel icky inside.

Back to the hypothetical Dark type Gym, I'm hoping it's the 7th or 8th gym so the leader can wield those powerful Pokemon. And a lolita gym leader would rock xD

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
From the trailer released, it looks like the Water type Gym Leader has a gym where you have to cross over the water with lily pads. It looks really cute and fun!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
That sounds fun, much better than surfing across a pool... Also, come to think about it how will the new badges will look? Maybe the water gym will be one shaped like a pool, a lake, ect.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Talking of appearances I can't see any correlation between music and poison but I guess there's something behind it, if anything I thought music would be more linked to Electric.

There's an 80s rock band called Poison. I'm going with that theory.

I do hope for a Dark-type gym. It'd be fun to see finally. Hopefully they don't make the character too stereotypical, though. All black clothes, gym, depressed atmosphere when talking to the person, etc. I'm excited about all of the new puzzles they'll work into the gyms. <3
Those are always my favorite. I hope Burgh is gone though. He annoyed me. Him and his sticky honey all over the place. Get a mop.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
From the trailer released, it looks like the Water type Gym Leader has a gym where you have to cross over the water with lily pads. It looks really cute and fun!

I really like it :3 I think it'd be kinda difficult to navigate though, unless it's like ice in general where you just move in the direction you point at.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022

I really like it :3 I think it'd be kinda difficult to navigate though, unless it's like ice in general where you just move in the direction you point at.

Maybe you get a little paddle and you use the pad as a boat and just navigate through gates made of vines, somewhat like Wattson's gym, and you find a lever and it changes the route of the maze.
God that'd be so cute. I'd never leave. <33

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Talking of appearances I can't see any correlation between music and poison but I guess there's something behind it, if anything I thought music would be more linked to Electric.

There is rock band called Poison like Jellicent said, but I think Homika's design could be reference to Alice Cooper - Poison. I can imagine Homika performing that song, lol.

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
That sounds fun, much better than surfing across a pool... Also, come to think about it how will the new badges will look? Maybe the water gym will be one shaped like a pool, a lake, ect.
Badges! Didn't really think about them until now. I imagine the Poison type Gym Leader to have a band/music related purple badge, and maybe some sort of lily pad badge for the Water type? I don't know, but now that you mention it I can't wait to see at least one of them. :B

There's an 80s rock band called Poison. I'm going with that theory.

I do hope for a Dark-type gym. It'd be fun to see finally. Hopefully they don't make the character too stereotypical, though. All black clothes, gym, depressed atmosphere when talking to the person, etc. I'm excited about all of the new puzzles they'll work into the gyms. <3
Those are always my favorite. I hope Burgh is gone though. He annoyed me. Him and his sticky honey all over the place. Get a mop.
Although there's more of a correlation between Electric and music, I actually find it very much related to Poison as well.

I'm with you on a Dark type gym though. I can just picture how it would look. I'd imagine, (similar to Shauntal) the Gym Leader would mention random quotes that seems more pessimistic like. It would be pretty cool.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022

Badges! Didn't really think about them until now. I imagine the Poison type Gym Leader to have a band/music related purple badge, and maybe some sort of lily pad badge for the Water type? I don't know, but now that you mention it I can't wait to see at least one of them. :B

Although there's more of a correlation between Electric and music, I actually find it very much related to Poison as well.

I'm with you on a Dark type gym though. I can just picture how it would look. I'd imagine, (similar to Shauntal) the Gym Leader would mention random quotes that seems more pessimistic like. It would be pretty cool.

Oh gosh, I didn't even think of badges. I hope the water is a lily pad like you said, and it has a tiny cute pink flower on it. <33333

Ten bucks says the Poison girl is related to Bret Michaels.

Maybe it could be Shauntal's cousin or something. It'd be cool if his/her gym were more like a dungeon, to add to the dark theme.
Watch it be some guy wearing all pink and yellow, bouncing off the walls with flowers and unicorn farts, and then tosses out a Tyranitar that just completely obliterates your team. That would make me happy.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Shantal's cousin? Pfft no, this theoretical dark gym leader would be related to Grimsley if anyone!

Hmmm so gyms imo:

- normal
- poison
- water
- ice
- rock
- dark
- electric
- bug

Kinda related to the map, and that Nimbasa/Castelia's gym leaders will probably stay. :3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I'm with you on the last two gym leaders. As much as I don't like Burgh or Elesa's Volt Switch spam, it'd be nice to see two veteran gym leaders with higher leveled Pokemon.
I have to say my picks for the gyms are:

-rock (problem?)
-psychic
-poison (the fact that Whirlipede evolves on level 30 alone)
-steel
-water
-ghost
-electric
-bug

I'm thinking with the water gym there may be a situation like there was with Fantina in D/P, where you had to defeat the other gym leaders and then return to her, based from what I'm looking at on the map.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well the last two weren't in order but uhh, first three were. Going back to water would kinda suck though. :( After all, B/W made everything easy, then B2W2 making it less "easy", or less like a forced order of events. Why do you think steel though? Cause of the mountains nearby? imo I'd say Driftveil will be something mineral based due to the fact that the first time around it was ground. :x Actually yeah, from the craters it could also be psychic, due to aliens or something dumb like that, lol.

Years
I agree with the need for a Dark Gym. As for the Rock/Ground types...maybe they could be in the Elite Four for once, instead of a normal Gym?

Also, has it been confirmed that any of the previous Gym Leaders have been replaced? Because I think it's entirely possible for all of them to come back, plus another eight new gyms, giving us a total of 16 Gyms like in G/S/C.

Years
I'm not only hoping for different Gyms in B2W2, I'm expecting them. Going by GSC/HGSS, they changed up the Elite 4 and some Kanto Gyms in the space of 3 years, and frankly for the sake of originality I'd say Game Freak are at least going to change some of the previous Gym Leaders, if not the types of the Gyms as well.
To be honest I'm pretty indifferent about the announced Gym Leaders so far; I've never particularly gotten excited about Gym Leaders, though- I'm more excited about what the Elite 4's going to be like in B2W2.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Well the last two weren't in order but uhh, first three were. Going back to water would kinda suck though. :( After all, B/W made everything easy, then B2W2 making it less "easy", or less like a forced order of events. Why do you think steel though? Cause of the mountains nearby? imo I'd say Driftveil will be something mineral based due to the fact that the first time around it was ground. :x Actually yeah, from the craters it could also be psychic, due to aliens or something dumb like that, lol.

I was rethinking that, and yeah that would suck to go back. I was thinking steel because maybe Driftveil dug into an iron/silver mine and now the gym leader was inspired and was changed into a Steel type gym? I can see Psychic being Elgyem and junk like that. I love the thought of a space center gym, with the leader being an alien obsessed scientist.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I'm trying to work out the Gym order from the map and it does look like we're getting more new Gyms. There's like 2 more areas after Shizui's, one having a port so the Castelia would be fifth. No fourth because that'll mean more than eight Gyms in the main storyline.

So my persumed order so far:
Poison
Water
Steel
Bug
Electric
Ground
Flying
Dragon

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I'm trying to work out the Gym order from the map and it does look like we're getting more new Gyms. There's like 2 more areas after Shizui's, one having a port so the Castelia would be fifth. No fourth because that'll mean more than eight Gyms in the main storyline.

So my persumed order so far:
Poison
Water
Steel
Bug
Electric
Ground
Flying
Dragon
I do see the Poison type Gym Leader being the first as well, because she seems to have only two Pokémon with her to challenge you.

tyflg.png

The Water type Gym/Gym Leader is also shown after Homika in the trailer which leads me to thinking that he would be the second one, and honestly I'm okay with that if so.

Years
I'd be fine without a Dark-type gym. We've gotten used to not having one. I would like to see Rock appear somewhere other than the first gym. It never really gets a chance.

Based on what we know Poison seems like it could very easily be the first gym, which works well. Grass types have a weakness, and water and fire are neutral. Add in the possibility that there are some Poison/Bug types and fire gets an advantage. That seems like a good place to start things.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I want them to lead with normal ;__;

@Jellicent: Oh right, and also the fact that Clay is into Excadrill, steel seems like a perfect fit.

And @ Scrafty--Scarf: Just because we haven't had dark before doesn't mean we can't now :3 Unova is the region of changes, after all! I'd feel weird if they didn't consider throwing dark into the mix, considering we haven't had poison for like, ever, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back