• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Swampert Tools Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
you know, if you are going to keep asking "that" on a persons toolbox thread, maybe you should just do it yourself.
Also, not only is there pallete editor for d/p/p, i think i saw horus say something on PHO about how APE works with d/p/p also.
anyways back on topic....

Swampert22, the tools are really awesome and i have found no problems with the G/S mart editor or tradEd editor.
i think i'm starting to get into G/S/C hacking because of these tools(yes, i don't know a thing about hex so i rely on tools).
i hope to see more of your great work Swampert22!
Best of luck!

Glad you're finding them useful, that's the plan;) Remember, if anyone finds a problem, please post so I can rectify the problem...

I am going to see what I can do about a level up move editor for D/P!

jakerman999

looking for spriters
Years
no trade editor for gba? oh well, back to Google. but in the mean time, how about a starter form(your using vb6, right?) before you actually use the program, just have a smaller form that doesn't let you go in until you open a rom. I always find it makes then more user freindly, and stops "no rom loaded"errors.

Swampert 22

Years
no trade editor for gba? oh well, back to Google. but in the mean time, how about a starter form(your using vb6, right?) before you actually use the program, just have a smaller form that doesn't let you go in until you open a rom. I always find it makes then more user freindly, and stops "no rom loaded"errors.

Well, first off, ZodiacDaGreat has made a fully functional trade editor for GBA. You can download it from his toolbox!

As for a starter fom, that's not a bad idea, I know its annoying to get the error whn you decide not to load a ROM. I'll see what I can do...

Years
Well, first off, ZodiacDaGreat has made a fully functional trade editor for GBA. You can download it from his toolbox!

As for a starter fom, that's not a bad idea, I know its annoying to get the error whn you decide not to load a ROM. I'll see what I can do...

Maybe what remember what he said about smaller too ;)

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2008
OMG THANK YOU!!!! I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR ABOUT 3 HOURS TRYING TO FIND HACKING TOOLS FOR R/B/Y (but i havent been looking very hard:) lol)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
i no dis question is not for a thread like dis but could u make a tool for GBA that could change the pikachu sprite at the beginning of FR/LG

Years
i no dis question is not for a thread like dis but could u make a tool for GBA that could change the pikachu sprite at the beginning of FR/LG

if u no dat question is not for dis thead why'd you post it? Are you just asking for a title screen editor?

Swampert 22

Years
no, theres a pikachu at the top left corner at the beginning of ur FR/LG game

Since this is a custom sprite in the game, the only way to change this is with unLZ.GBA. I assum you're familiar with it.

Simply open up your FR/LG ROM and search through all the compressed graphics, export it, and edit it, then re-import it.

It's the only way you can do it.

Mechz

Nostalgist
Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2012
Your Pokemon Editor for D/P is fantastic! But if I'm allowed to make any suggestions, they would be:

-Experience rate changer (like how some pokemon take longer than others to level)
-Evolution modifier (Method of evolution, what level/item/etc.)
-Not sure if this is even possible, but maybe a function that goes through and multiplies base experiences or catchrates by a fixed percent... I always thought it took too long to level up to 100, when you never need to be more than level 55. >_>
-Egg/Tutor/Level/TM moves for each pokemon

Lol of course that's probably asking too much, and it'd be better if I learned how to make a program that did those things on my own... Can't hurt to suggest. :D

Years
Your Pokemon Editor for D/P is fantastic! But if I'm allowed to make any suggestions, they would be:

-Experience rate changer (like how some pokemon take longer than others to level)
-Not sure if this is even possible, but maybe a function that goes through and multiplies base experiences or catchrates by a fixed percent... I always thought it took too long to level up to 100, when you never need to be more than level 55. >_>

Lol of course that's probably asking too much, and it'd be better if I learned how to make a program that did those things on my own... Can't hurt to suggest. :D

I actually know the experience rate, I was going to give it to swampert for this, but he WASN'T ONLINE (HINT HINT). Anyway, I'll talk to him about that and see about finding the other stuff.

Swampert 22

Years

You're quite right, It's fine to suggest things. I'll see what gabe_k has to say about that other data and see if it can be implemented.

There is already an evolution editor for D/P by PokéSpam I thought?...

I don't think that a function you are suggesting is possible, but I'll have a look. ;)

As for moves, well if you have read thethethethe's hex tutorial for D/P you will know that the movesets are compressed. Complicated to get a program to decode, well for me anyway:knockedou

One final thing, it has been brought to my attention that the TM editor for GSC was not functioning correctly for Gold version, and that has now been fixed. Download it from the main post if you need the update.

That's it for now:laugh:

Mechz

Nostalgist
Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2012
There is already an evolution editor for D/P by PokéSpam I thought?...

Haha, oh wow. I spent like thirty minutes looking for a user named "PokéSpam"... Then I realized it was the name of a team of programmers here. XD I found it, thanks for the info.

Years
I've got some data if you want to know how to edit the TM's learnable by Pokemon. I'm not too sure how to write something for it, but it works in binary. And each TM is set by a bit.
And isn't there a byte for the experience rate in the base stat data in the tutorial? I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there was.
And for the moveset, all you'd need to do is write an if for when the value of the level is odd or even (which you could probably find an example of somewhere), and then add 256 to the previous word value if it were odd to change what attack it appears as. But I guess there's probably a little more to it that I'm not thinking of.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I've got some data if you want to know how to edit the TM's learnable by Pokemon. I'm not too sure how to write something for it, but it works in binary. And each TM is set by a bit.
Bitwise ANDs and ORs would probably work.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
Since this is a custom sprite in the game, the only way to change this is with unLZ.GBA. I assum you're familiar with it.

Simply open up your FR/LG ROM and search through all the compressed graphics, export it, and edit it, then re-import it.

It's the only way you can do it.

the unlz pic doesnt have the upper ears so it will look funny

Roareye

propic (c) piekielnatruskawa
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 18, 2021
I would like an evolution editor for R/B if you can handle this...

theEND

Veteran Pixel Artist/Spriter
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2008
TY!!! Just what I needed. :D You are a god >.>

Years
all the programs here helped me and they are all cool but how do I edit the title screen to put the name i want on it so i can have it say pokemon King blue or pokemon super sayain or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back