• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ENIGMA: Cross Edge [Non-Pokemon Game]

exteradude

[RMXP]ENIGMA: Cosmos Edge [Non-Pokemon Game]

[I will be updating the front post once new information comes about. The graphics and battle system are almost done, but the storyline and areas are still in development. I have a team for the story and all that, but I'm the lead of the team.
Also, credit goes where credit is due, no matter what. This game isn't going to be, and shouldn't be sold for a market price, no matter what. If there are any issues with giving credit, let it be for scripts, graphics, or else, please post here saying if I didn't credit someone correctly. I'm just human, I forget sometimes. :P Also, this is the first time I'm submitting anything to a forum in a long while. D: I need help organizing my stuff on here. ]

Untitled-1.jpg

ENIGMA: Cosmos Edge​
SHINJI PROJECT
An epic tale of mankind's struggle to exist.​

Storyline:

Screenshots:
pic05.jpg
pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic3.jpg
pic4.jpg
pic5.jpg
pic6.jpg

Progress on the Story:
Not that far, really. It's going to be big, so it's in progress.

Update Nov 29, 2009
Spoiler:

Update Dec 3, 2009

Spoiler:

Credits:
SHINJI PROJECT

Scripts
MOGHunter - Menu System and Title System
Charlie Lee - Battle System

Graphics
The Inquisitor

Music
Tales of Symphonia
Nobuo Oematsu
Harry Gregson-Williams

Last edited:

Death5 Shadow

Apocalyptic Salvation
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
kick ass graphics dude
and the storyline is a little thin and more beef to it
1st post

exteradude

Yeah, the storyline is a tad thin for now. I've been working with my team to expand on the story.

exteradude

I can make it so that the people following the player can break off and do custom movement, such as in certain event scenes. It's an odd mix, but works perfectly for me because I don't have to make a new map without caterpillar, add custom events, then switch back like people usually have to do. Instead, the events are already there. It's simpler for me to use and adds less transition for the player, which creates a win-win situation for both of us.

GAME UPDATE
Well, I've been working slowly towards a demo. The maps are going to be gigantic. One of the larger maps is 100x150, for example.

I also need to add some information on the battle system's summoning system.

The game will have a pretty decent amount of summons, extra party members, and all of that. There are also different types of summoning in the game.

The first type of summoning summons a monster [Sort of like an Esper, or an Eidolon], leaving only the summoner and the monster and pushing the other team members to the side.

The Active Party is your main party who you battle with, while your Side Party are the people who are capable of switching with your active party. [Think Final Fantasy 12.]

The second type of summoning is when you have a party member in your Side Party join your Active Party. Pretty much, he joins your Active party, which makes you have 5 people to control instead of 4. This can be up to 6, 7, et cetera. However, when the battle ends, all of the summoned party members go back to the Side Party to be summoned later.

Switching Party Members in battle: In battle, you can switch party members. Some party members can't be switched, based on certain events. You switch party members from your Active Party to your Side Party, and vice-versa.

Forms:
Think Super Sayan 2, 3, or 4. The character in battle becomes stronger, is given new powers, and looks stronger as well. After the battle ends, the character turns back [There are some exceptions, of course. :P]

Ultimate Summons:
The Ultimate summons are a summon or a group of summons [Around 2 if in a group] that are pretty hard to pull off, but they replace the party members and they are ALL pushed to the side. They can "Retire" in battle [if you select the command] to bring all party members back. Also, when the battle ends, the Ultimate Summons Retire automatically, anyway.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Not bad... There are a few things that bug me, though.
Firstly, in the banner, it says ENIWGMA: Cosmos Edge. Is it ENIGMA or ENIWGMA, and Cross or Cosmos?
Secondly, the icon in the battle command window looks really pixelated. Fix that.
And finally, I dislike the red-haired guy's (Los?) face picture. He looks permanently surprised for no apparent reason. I'd change the eyes and give him a closed mouth instead of a goofy grin.

exteradude

Not bad... There are a few things that bug me, though.
Firstly, in the banner, it says ENIWGMA: Cosmos Edge. Is it ENIGMA or ENIWGMA, and Cross or Cosmos?
Secondly, the icon in the battle command window looks really pixelated. Fix that.
And finally, I dislike the red-haired guy's (Los?) face picture. He looks permanently surprised for no apparent reason. I'd change the eyes and give him a closed mouth instead of a goofy grin.

Gah! I said cross edge. D: I meant to say Cosmos! I'll fix that right away.

Also, I'm in the process of fixing a lot of things, so the battle screenshots are pretty old as of now. I've been working on a lot of maps as well.

Also, when it comes to Los's face, it's supposed to be that way. Los is supposed to be unbearably stupid. His character is supposed to have the brains of a rock, while also being very wise at random moments. This gives him a weakness, because he can be taken advantage of very easily, but his "street-smarts" are phenomenal, as his feelings of loyalty and compassion are primal at best. If you dislike a character like that, I understand, and I respect your opinion.

Update:
I've been taking a short break from working on the game, by the way. I've been doing some interviews for colleges, one being DeVry, which will be tomorrow. Being a senior in high school, I have a lot of things to do, unfortunately, and my team is down south in real life, in southern California. Fortunately, I'll be moving down there after high school, where we can work harder on the game.

[Also, I'm getting Assassin's Creed II. I have a life, you know! ^_^]

Last edited:
Back