• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Abilities Speculation Thread!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
That'd be a really cool one. It'd give glass cannon a whole new meaning in the games, plus if they're already trying to run that role then it works even better. Plus, I could see something on the midly bulky side having this, so if it had a second ability it could choose to stay a little on the bulkier and slower side, or take the glass cannon route.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I mostly see Unova Pokémon getting these second abilities considering a lot of gen 1-4 Pokémon have two abilities or three counting DWA's. Maybe the monkeys could get a new ability.

How about an ability that sacrifices HP for a one stage boost in Defenses? Every time it's sent out if it has enough HP.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Frisk...I don't see the honest benefit of knowing what your opponent has, since more or less it'll be kinda obvious anyway (especially in competitive). Usually you can tell who has a choice scarf, who has LO, leftovers, things of that nature. It's kind of a sad thing because I don't really see anything that would really make these abilities useful, because they really aren't. u_u

I use it to search In Game for items. Like Metal Coats on Pokemon in D/P/Pt. Or Lucky Egg on Chansey in HG/SS. Frisk comes in handy with a poof in...no item found...run away sorta set up.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'd rather see something that's raises rock with SR, rather than rock-attacks, or something along those lines. Fighting is good but unless it's a super motivated fighter the ability won't work on a lot of mons.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Raises the power of rock type moves like flash fire etc does.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
The difference I see with things like Water Absorb/Flash Fire and something that would absorb a Fighting move is that physically if you shoot water into a pool of water...nothing happens. It just expands. Same thing happens with fire. If you punch something or whatever, it doesn't just get absorbed really, you leave some sort of impact. From that stance it'd just be awkward, but that's just me!

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Yaa, there is no point that fighting moves can be absorbed. Yeah, somewhat its possible for a pkmn to absorb rock type moves, by some hypothesis.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The only way I can see it working is if you're like crazy motivated to fight back in return, like adrenaline, but that's the only way I'd see them including it.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
That would be just like anger point. Only difference will be it has to be hit with a fighting move. It would raise attack stat, not the power of fighting moves

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I mean I guess that could work. It'd be similar to Justified, just Fighting instead of Dark type moves. If it worked like that than something that resists it would have to get it. Definitely not Bug types (lol), but maybe Poison or Flying types?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I don't believe we have a poison version of water absorb...that could appear, as poison being added into poison will make it more deadly...usually, some poisons I believe neutralize on another... so sp atk or atk could go up.

Years
An ability where:

All Priority is set to 0.
Swift Swim, but in Hail, maybe called Snow Speed.
^ This except in Toxic Rain.
A Sand Veil for in Water and Sun.
Pure Power but in Special Attack

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
I like the idea of the ability that makes all moves priority to 0.
It would **** even arceus and may make prankster useless.

Back