• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Stardrop Version [Alpha 1 released]

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I don't understand why nobody would post here.
This hack deserves much more attention :)

Looking forward to a beta. :D

Thanks. I hope I can release the beta next weekend. :3

Hehehe...

Anywho, the Power Plant seems pretty cool, and I live Azure Town. Looks like I'll definitely be playing the next release. :)

Thanks. :3

Pizza Delivery

pokemonstardropversion.png
pokemonstardropversion2.png

Yes, it's back!
Pizza delivery with a few more customers over a larger portion of the region. :3 And this sidequest can only be accessed after beating Team Rocket in Spring Town. :3

Game Corner

Just thought I'd show the prizes in the game corner. :3

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years

Fishin' for Feebas

pokemonstardropversion5.png
pokemonstardropversion6.png

Once you get Surf in the beta, you can go to Unity Lake and fish for Feebas. Basically you just have to surf around and hope Feebas appears. This is a one-off event so if you miss Feebas, you've missed it forever. :3

I've added some devices to stop you guys from cheating so hovering over one spot won't work. The key to finding Feebas is constant movement and patience. And the encounter rate isn't that high either; 1 in 256 is very reasonable. :3

Eastward Cave Cut-through

pokemonstardropversionn.png

I added some rocks that will disappear after the second gym so you can get through Eastward Cave pretty quickly. This will be useful because you'll have to go through this cave a few times during the beta.

Lapras Event

pokemonstardropversion3.png
pokemonstardropversion4.png

Once you get surf, you can battle the Lapras in Eastward cave. Once again, this will be the only Lapras available in the game. Or maybe it won't be... :3

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Catching Feebas seems interesting, but how will we be able to evolve it?
I like that you put many side things to do besides battling.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Catching Feebas seems interesting, but how will we be able to evolve it?
I like that you put many side things to do besides battling.

Thanks. :3
Originally I was going to be silly and make Feebas evolve by a rare candy, but since that's not possible, it'll evolve by friendship. :3

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years

Let's Play Tag!

pokemonstardropversionq.png
pokemonstardropversion2w.png

Basically, if you want the flamethrower TM, you're going to have to participate in this sidequest. In the beta it won't be fully done, but in beta 2, it should be. Basically you're going to have to find Donny and tag him. Eventually, when he gets tired, after you tag him 10 times, he'll give you TM 35, flamethrower.

Alpine Beach

pokemonstardropversion5.png
pokemonstardropversion6.png

pokemonstardropversion7.png
pokemonstardropversion8.png

I found this map to be severely rushed in the alpha so I remapped it. It's smaller than the old map but it has a bigger beach. :3

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 10, 2016
So, having played through the current release (and having enjoyed it), I have some feedback. First of all, I like what you're doing with the story so far, but I just wish there was a little more of it. It's still early in the game, though, so I can understand that. I also have to say that the Suicune event (which should be a pretty serious scene) is hard to take seriously with the music that's playing there.

Outside of that, the second battle with your rival (when you arrive in Stardrop City) is way too easy. I breezed through him even with almost my entire team KOd from making my way there. I think that battle should definitely be more difficult.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years

Bird Catching Contest

So this is like the bug catching contest from G/S/C, but with birds instead. Ignore the master ball in the video; it was only for test purposes. And ignore the tile errors as I've fixed them all. :3

The wild Pokémon encounter ratio is the same as it is for any route. This is a timed event so you won't be able to participate whenever you want. And I'm not going to reveal where this is, but this will be available in the beta. ;)

As for prize-winning Pokémon:
First prize - farfetch'd
Second prize - natu
Third prize - fearow/noctowl/pidgeotto

I'm not going to spoil what the prizes are so you'll just have to be happy or disappointed when you receive them. :3

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
Years
I've been watching the progress since you've announced this game, and it is a very decent game. I am very much anticipating Beta 1's release. Good luck to you!

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
Years

Bird Catching Contest

So this is like the bug catching contest from G/S/C, but with birds instead. Ignore the master ball in the video; it was only for test purposes. And ignore the tile errors as I've fixed them all. :3

The wild Pokémon encounter ratio is the same as it is for any route. This is a timed event so you won't be able to participate whenever you want. And I'm not going to reveal where this is, but this will be available in the beta. ;)

As for prize-winning Pokémon:
First prize - farfetch'd
Second prize - natu
Third prize - fearow/noctowl/pidgeotto

I'm not going to spoil what the prizes are so you'll just have to be happy or disappointed when you receive them. :3
This is WICKED. Even though you can't raise my interest any more, for a moment I think you did. Great job buddy! Also, farfetch'd deserves some love. And you gave it love. Woosome. I'm so eager to play it! ;D

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
This is WICKED. Even though you can't raise my interest any more, for a moment I think you did. Great job buddy! Also, farfetch'd deserves some love. And you gave it love. Woosome. I'm so eager to play it! ;D

Thank you. :3
Farfetch'd FTW!

Nina's Event

This is an optional event in the upcoming beta (but mandatory in the beta after). You have to help Nina return to her human form. And it isn't as simple as it is with Bill in FR. :3

Fossil Reviving

After the Team Rocket event is cleared in Spring Town, you can talk to this guy to revive any fossils you have. Unlike the other games though, you can't just walk out of the room and he'll have finished. This time, the revival will take time. :3
Pick a berry and you'll have you wait even longer. <:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
With each update I love this more and more! I'm super stoked for the next release! I'm especially excited about the bird catching contest, something I wish I had thought of first =/

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
With each update I love this more and more! I'm super stoked for the next release! I'm especially excited about the bird catching contest, something I wish I had thought of first =/

Thanks.
I'm hoping to get the beta released on the weekend as I'm now starting beta testing. :3

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years

New Hero

Yeah, I tried to do some spriting and came out with this. :3
I hope it looks okay as I had a bad headache and should have been resting so I hope I didn't go through all that pain for nothing. :3

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I like the OW, now I'm curious as to what the in-game sprite looks like. Also do you have an OW/concept for the heroine?

Back