• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Month] Voting - April 2010

Hack of the Month

• Pokémon Identity

Votes: 39 24.8%
  • Pokémon Turquoise

Votes: 64 40.8%
  • Pokémon Flora Sky

Votes: 54 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
h2-hotm.png

Introduction

You have until the first of May to vote for your Hack of the Month. The winner hack's thread will be stickied for a month, until the next month's winner is announced. The winner hack will also be added to PokéCommunity's official ROM Hacking Hall of Fame. Only hacks in either the Progressing Hacks forum or the Hacks Showcase forum are eligible for nomination.

Eligible Hacks

Rules

• You may vote once per month, per hack.
  • Asking or bribing others to vote for your hack is not allowed.
  • Creating new accounts to vote multiple times is not allowed and will be dealt with accordingly.
  • Voting is done via the poll not by posting in this thread, votes in the form of posts will not be counted.
  • Don't complain that your hack was not chosen this month.

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
Alright. I voted.

I'm gonna have to vote for Turquoise. I mean, the graphics and tile selection is superb, and Tropical Sunlight is a superb guy. The Fakemon in his hack are also great, and his scripting and like I said before, the graphics of the ROM hack.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Alright. I voted.

I'm gonna have to vote for Turquoise. I mean, the graphics and tile selection is superb, and Tropical Sunlight is a superb guy. The Fakemon in his hack are also great, and his scripting and like I said before, the graphics of the ROM hack.

Most of the same reasons, but one other big one. Tropical Sunlight has shown time and time again that he is indeed progressing, working at making it better. He updates often and frequently, something unheard of in several other threads, including things like Identity.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I vote for Turquoise, Tropical Sunlight has thought about very interesting and unique events that make the hack look very promising :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I vote for Pokemon Turqoise because it has great potential as a hack, I like its graphics and its scripts/plot AND I'm fond of the original things water added to it. XD

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
i vote turquoise. the graphics (fakemon) are amazing, and in the future i can see it becoming more popular than shiny gold, quartz and many other good hacks.

iPercent

Working on a hack
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2010
It was hard to chose between Turquoise and Flora Sky, I personally love seeing fake pokemon so Turquoise got my attention, but I feel the features in Flora Sky njust made me like it a little more. Don't get me wrong I love both hacks and I'm gonna try the demos for both =D

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
A nice selection this month. On one hand we've got Flora Sky, the extensively graphically hacked game which gives it a quasi-Light-Platinum-esque feel. On the other hand there's Identity which graphically falls into the "professional/classic" category but who's story definitely sets it apart from other hacks of that type. And then there's Turquoise, which I realized doesn't really fit into any particular group. It has new tiles and fakemon which suggests a more Flora Sky-type hack but it also boasts a standard storyline with a Professor and all that jazz, which makes it seem more like Nintendo-styled. It's the middleman of this month's pack and its uniqueness is what nabbed my vote this time.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
Years
Ooohh, this is a tough choice, Hmm, Flora sky has good graphics, and pretty good scripts... but thats all to it to be honest. Turquoise, the graphics arent as smexy, but still nice to look at. Plus it has a superior plot and It has some OWs in it that I made xD.

Sorry 12345, but..
Turquoise FTW!

Years
To me, Turquoise is one of the few gems out there that doesn't get half the attention it deserves- the selection of graphics are nice and flowing, the story is solid, and it's just enticing overall.
However, Identity and Flora Sky also have unique features. For starters, Identity has a great plot, which makes it really fun to play. Flora Sky obviously has the best graphics, but... I found it a bit too much like Light Platinum- in that it uses the latest graphics from the official games, those considered "cool". While the graphics are impressive, I felt the story needed work- I remember playing the beta, and the first Gym Leader...
Literally, he said "Hi, I'm [name]. Let's battle now!". And, simple as that, the battle began. In my opinion, the game needs more depth. Maintaining good graphics are fine, just don't neglect the other aspects.
While saying that, I think Identity should give a little attention to the graphics. Sure, it can be concluded that tiles are unimportant, at the end of the day- but frankly, since Azure Horizons popped up, many people are just using the default FR tiles. They're now overused, so.. For a bit of diversity, VGAura should consider working on graphics.
Now, back to Turquoise. It's got a great balance between a decent, classic story, and custom graphics. It would seem Tropical Sunlight is a talented scripter, too. Therefore, and sorry for the really long post- Turquoise gets my vote.

Totodile!

Yo, Champ in the making!
Years
I like the candy-ish look of Pokémon Turquoise so I vote for it =]
Good luck to the contestants! =]

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2010
Overall, I guess I'll go with Pokemon Turquoise since it's events/scripts/graphics are amazing. I have to say that Flora Sky has good graphics but I think it's a bit too much. Turquoise's graphics is just fine, simple, and elegant~ : D

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Sunlight's hack is currently ahead, so I'm going to cast away my vote now:

I vote for Identity. And the reasons are:

• Compared to the two other hacks, it has a great plot, never seen before in a hack.
  • Also, the character talks. A lot. That's a rarely inputted feature.
  • The scripting flows endless. Although nothing exceptional, it's intriguing how you give more attention to talking to people rather than grinding or battling.
  • The tiles. My preferation is original tiles>FR/LG-styled new tiles>other tiles>D/P tiles. Identity beats the other hacks in it, too.
  • Mapping. Same as above, I'm not really a fan of natural maps. Sunlight's hack wins there, but Identity so far got more attention from me.
  • Finally, what I really like about this hack is the effort put in it. Both authors did their best, I'm sure of that, but Identity is a solo hack, and I'm REALLY into solo hacks these days. So, if a solo hack goes up to this level, I'm surely up for it.
  • Concluding, Identity gets my vote out of plot originality and effort.

All in all, I know Sunlight a lot more than VGAura, but I don't care. I'm voting for a hack here, not for a fellow. And I want some people here to keep that in mind. THIS IS NOT HOTW. I will be happy, though, if Tropical Sunlight wins, just to be honest.

P.S: Sorry, I didn't play Flora Sky at all, and I'm not going to just because I must vote. From the screenshots and comments on the thread alone I can tell that it leans towards LP, so...well, good luck with it. Not in my list.

EDIT: Well, I'm just curious about what will happen from now on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back