• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Adventures I: OOC Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umbreongirl

As riddled as the tide
Years
<3

Edited my post, and now it is finito. For anyone who might have missed it. Or cared to read it. ^^; So, is that the last post from Starla and Iris for awhile? Or are you going to allow us to do one more to say goodbye? oo;

Years
Ha! Masterful post Cirrus, trully great. I listened to the battle music while i read it. Maybe that made it seem better. ^_^

Anyways, you pretty much hit the nail on the head with your PokeSpecial comment. The Pokedex does display that way, I liked how you used your pokedex. Tai does that too. ^_^

OH, and in the future. Don't control the growth of your pokemon's level, I'll do that myself. I'll post what attacks your pokemon want to learn through pm, and what attacks you want it to forget.

Last edited:

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
Years
i saw what edwin said about Iris~ Lemem just say this..

Spoiler:

Umbreongirl

As riddled as the tide
Years
<3

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. >D Though I must admit, Iris is a beautiful character. She and Starla remind me of me and my best friend.. -_-; Me being Starla.. And aha! GP, your posts for GoH and CTA: Time Traverlers are required. >) Now that we've actually verified that you're alive.. *Exhale of relief*

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
Years
I dart about. I'll go do it now. I just got done with watching the 6th harry potter movie. and it was very awesome.

Years
Well Yashi said she might post later on this week, or something like that. Hopefully she'll post soon, then we'll all do a farewell post. Then we enter Pewter city.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
Hey, look! It's Red!

You changed your avatar again, Charizard-kun!

Also, Yashi, we're begging you to post sometime near Sunday. Please?

We have cake I lied. We do have pie.

For pie, click here. No, it's not a rickroll.

Oooh, Pewter City. Brock gets horribly beaten up with our Water/Grass/Steel type moves. Charizard-kun, your battle will be the most difficult to pull off, since Steel is only x2 against Rock/Ground and it's not even a STAB move.

Damage calculations:

Bulbasaur's Vine Whip.

35 base power x1.5 STAB = 52.5 BP
52.5 x4 SE = 210 BP, which nukes Brock horribly.

Squirtle's Bubble.

20 base power x1.5 STAB = 30 BP
30 x4 SE = 120 BP, which doesn't nuke Brock horribly TOO much.

Charmander's Metal Claw.
50 base power x2 SE = 100 BP, which is roughly half of Vine Whip or something. Close to the power level of Bubble.

Last edited:

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
Years
Rickeh you need to get on IM more often its not fun when your not on and I haven;t seen manda on either

Years
Sorreh!!! Dx
I've forgotten to log on whenver I get on the compy. Sorry. I'l get on more often.

BTW!!! Does anyone plan on taking part in the Petwter Normal Rank Contest, besides GhostPrincess and myself??

Cirrus

Years
Oops, forgot this part.

Bubble and Vine Whip go against base 30 SpDef.
Metal Claw goes against base 100 Def.

As to the contest...
Of course my character will take part. Or so I think.

Umbreongirl

As riddled as the tide
Years
Eternity will never be enough; for me..

The KO of Brock will be even more difficult for me and Leera to pull off. >D This is one of the bonuses of being a Recurring character. I won't have to describe it, will I, Charizard? ._.; Or since you're allowing GP Contest posts for Pewter City, are you going to spare one for me in a Gym battle? Because if i'm not mistaken, I think that it's in Pewter City that I obtain Shay, my Geodude.

^^; And my apologies for being MIA on Im. I'm still kickin' it in Sandland, and it's actually officially my last full day here. :( Tomorrow we're packing, and then heading back to Kentucky Saturday night. The likes of me will be lurking around Im sometime mid-Sunday, I hope. ^^;

Also, regarding the contest, Starla, in true Starla persona, will immediately want to take part to prove that she's ace in contests as well, but will ultimately decide not to in the end, because much like me, won't really understand what it's all about. We'll just stick to battling. :]

Years
No Umbry, you and Starla will not have to describe your adventure through Pewter City. Since you're re-occuring characters it wouldn't really fit in, since we're about to say goodbye. Maybe we'll meet up again after Mt. Moon, with the Karate Masters. Then you'll have your Geodude by then.

For all of you out there that don't know how the contest system in Kanto works, here goes:

In Kanto, there are altogether four contest stadiums, each with a different contest rank. The rank in Pewter City is NORMAL, and the winners there will be able to challenge the Super Rank contest in Celadon City, then the Hyper Rank in Saffron City, and finally the Master Rank in Cinnabar Island. Each stadium has five segments, they are: Coolness Segment, Beauty Segment, CUteness Segment, Intelligence segment, and Strength Segment. Each Stadium gives out three ribbons for each Segment a day, so thats two winners a day for each segment. The contest is not about power, its focus is on appeal and charm. There are two portions to each contest: The first round is based on appearance, the pokemon are placed in small rings for the judges to evaluate. A way to help your Pokemon look better is by feeding them Berry Powder mixed into their PokeFood. The Second round is based on Attack Appeal! Where a two-minute battle takes place based on the pokemon's attacks. The more beautiful,strong,intelligent,cute,or cool you make their attacks. The more points you get. Once a coordinator receives all twenty ribbons, they can take part in the Grand Festival which is held in the SeaFoam Islands. The Grand Festival is held a month before the Kanto League Tournament, and the winner walks away with the Ribbon Cup.

I've decided to give one ribbon to Iris because she's a coordinator, and you don't have to post about it, but who gets the second? Tai or Edwin??

Last edited:

Cirrus

Years
Uh.

Charizard-kun, we might not be competing in the same segment. Most of Bulbasaur's moves are Grass-type, and most of the Grass-type moves are Smart. So, Edwin will participate in the Smart contest. None of Charmander's moves are Smart until level 20 with your Metal Claw progression, which is a bonus, since to make Charmander participate in a Smart contest (Intelligence Segment, so to speak) will be suicidal and will most certainly ensue in epic failure.

As in, your Charmander has a REALLY variable contest area. Seriously speaking, Charmander only does well in Beauty contests and then not even moderately well until high levels.

Analysis
Bulbasaur (assuming it is level 13, as in my post)
Leech Seed - Smart
Vine Whip - Cool
PoisonPowder - Smart
Sleep Powder - Smart

Charmander (level 13 as well)
Scratch - Tough
Growl - Cute
Ember - Beauty
Metal Claw - Cool

Years
True.

But the goal of these contests is to win all 5 ribbons at each stadium. So if you plan to have Edwin enter the Grand Festival...Tai, Edwin, and Iris will each have to win all of the ribbons. But then again, I have more than 1 pokemon. I have Pikachu, and Pidgey.

Pidgey:

-Gust: Smart
-Sand-Attack: Cute
Tackle: Tough

Pikachu:

-Thundershock: Cool
-Growl: Cute

So Tai won't have any trouble winning several different categories. So I've changed the contest system just a tad, the contest stadium will give out 3 ribbons for each category per day. The stadiums will have 3 different contest hall rooms for each category as well, that way Tai, Nina, AND Edwin can get all of the ribbons. x3

and btw, I've spoken with SHadowYashi and she's given me permission to bunny Nina for now! Yay, I'll try an get a post in as soon as I can! -Runs off to post-

Last edited:

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
Years
Yeah. Sorry for slowing you guys down =.= But I'm still having internet issues... my mom hates when I tie up her phone line and since her cell is dead, she uses the house phone frequently and I'm hardly ever getting much of a chance to get on, but I'll try to get on as often as I can..... it sucks that I live in the middle of east bubblef*ck, so no Library nearby either @__@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back