• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sharp Edge

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
386-S.gif
212.gif
479-W.gif
485.gif
645.gif
121.gif

The Sharp Edge
Gen V OU RMT​

386-S.gif
@ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 216 Atk / 96 SAtk / 196 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Spikes
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

This guy generally starts things off with some Rocks helping me out with Sun / Hail and any Focus Sashes that may be lurking. Superpower is great for Tyranitar, or even revenging a few things. Ice Beam hits dragons plenty hard, and Energy Ball is for stuff like Quagsire or Gastrodon. This things is pretty awesome at what it does.

212.gif
@ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 76 SDef / 20 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit

This is the first in my momentumcore. He's usually only used for U-Turning and Bullet Punching, though Superpower does come in handy for Blissey / Chansey. Pursuit also works well if they're trying to keep their Latios / Latias around.

479-W.gif
@ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

This guy takes care of Gyarados beautifully, among other things. It's also the second in the momentumcore. WoW is for crippling annoying things like Ferrothorn in rain. Hydro Pump hits just about anything Volt Switch doesn't. HP Fire is for getting rid of Ferrothorn outside of rain, and things like Forretress or Tangrowth as well.

485.gif
@ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Pulse

The main hard hitter on the special spectrum. Fire Blast hits stuff for ridiculous damage, even spreading Burns around occasionally. Taunt helps me kill stuff like Blissey, and Dragon Pulse and Earth Power are just for coverage. The Air Balloon works wonders with this guy, making him last twice as long.

645.gif
@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stone Edge

The third and final member of the momentumcore. Scarf Earthquake is awesome for late game, and U-turn is great for getting the momentum early on. HP Ice doesn't really do much since people expect it now, and Stone Edge usually gets put aside for a switch to Rotom-W. But they're nice when I need them I suppose.

121.gif
@ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Starmie is a great Rapid Spinner, and with all the Volt Turning going on entry hazards can be a problem, this is here to remedy the problem. This outspeeds Gengar as well, which Latios had a speed tie with, so it's nice to not have any problems there. Also gives Deoxys some nice backup to take on dragons.

So that's it. I just made this team up earlier today so if I missed some pretty simple stuff, sorry, I should have tested it more. :/

Last edited:

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
Think the reason nobody has commented on this is because it's quite a flawless team haha.

Ooka

Years
Not really flawless, XD but thanks* for the confidence post.

Um, I was thinking Thunderbolt > HP Fire on Rotom to hit things like Tentacruel and Politoed harder, though I like being able to take out Scizor. I dunno, I'm going to test it and see what I come up with.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
If the opposing team gets SR up you essentially wear your own team out. Through running a team similar to this i can tell you fron first hand experience you need a spinner to keep hazards away. Starmie would potentially work well over Latios actually.

Pain Split over HP Fire or Wisp on Rotom or you get worn down extremely fast.

Last edited:

Ooka

Years
Should I run HP Fire on Starmie due to (What I think is) an increase of CBScizor recently? And sure, it honestly did seem like Rotom wouldn't last long enough at all.

flamehaze94

Jeste!
Years
Decent team, but some things can be considered to make the team better.

Deoxys-e is more successful as a Spiker imo, since it can get 2 layers up quickly and since you don't run LO it's attacks are pretty pitiful, so you might as well get up some additional hazards in tandem with the whole momentum strategy. Stealth Rocks can then go over Taunt on Heatran since Heatran is a pretty fantastic Rocker. Blissey doesn't really care about Taunt without Toxic Spikes and you shouldn't try to be beating Blissey with Heatran anyway; go to Scizor threaten a U-turn/Superpower and gain further momentum and hazard damage.

Ooka

Years
It's just unfortunate that Heatran actually does usually kill Blissey. xD

But yeah, I'll test out some stuff and post my results. Currently testing Starmie > Latios which isn't bad, though I'll probably be switching back because losing the sheer power in LO Draco Meteor causes me some trouble with some bulky mons. Rotom-W does have Pain Split now which helps a lot to keep it alive.

But yeah, I'm off to test some more. (Oh, and thanks for the rate)

xiodinex

Experienced Trainer
Years
I agree on the entry hazards point. You need a spinner or all this U-Turning is going to kill you off early/ run you down.

Ooka

Years
Alright, I'm running Starmie over Latios, but now I'm having trouble dealing with Rotom-W... :/ It works pretty well otherwise, I'll go ahead and update the first post.

Also a replay, I lost but it shows what the team can do against higher skilled opponents/better teams. http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-LD-T-Highlander-vs-Deity--2011-11-14 , also shows I have a problem with Breloom. xD

Hm, possibly keep Latios and get rid of Rotom-W for Starmie? Nvm not losing a Volt Switch. :/

Last edited:
Back