• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Well, in Pokemon True Story, it's not a partner trainer who is following the hero, but only an image. If I want to launch a double battle, I have to register one of the followers as a partner.
But I dont know if it's possible to make a partner follow the hero all along the story. U can use the add dependency thing, but u will have to add it on every map u do.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Well, in Pokemon True Story, it's not a partner trainer who is following the hero, but only an image. If I want to launch a double battle, I have to register one of the followers as a partner.
But I dont know if it's possible to make a partner follow the hero all along the story. U can use the add dependency thing, but u will have to add it on every map u do.

I see...

Thank you very much for this answer. Can you tell me how to make an image follow the protagonist through the game? I'd appreciate it very much if you could help.

Years
U have to replace it.

Fblaster gave me a way to give the caterpillar event. I put it into a new project. If someone want it, here it is : http://www.4shared.com/file/43097601/71580fe/Projet_1.html

Just a few words about it. For now, it works for 4 players : the hero and three others and the only moves are the normal ones : go to left, right, up or down. The 3 other players are images, not real players. When u want some of them to go in a battle 2vs 2 with u, u have to use the registerpartnertrainer thing.
The 4 events must be put on every map u do. And the switch caterpillar must be desactivated every time u go from a map to another.
I also put switches on the player : when u want to add a player to the caterpillar, u just have to activate his switch.

If someone want to improve it for other moves (run, jump,...) for example, feel free to do it
and please, give the way u do it here :p.

The caterpillar I use is there. The caterpillar is the event wich makes an image follow the trainer.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
I appreciate your help very much. However, my computer seems to have a little bit problem with 4shared.com... Can you please upload the files in another website? Thanks a lot.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
In trainer battles.

How do I make to a trainer has a Pokémon Shiny?
Example:
BUGCATCHER
Wade
CATERPIE, 2
CATERPIE, 2
CATERPIE, 2 ** This is shiny!
WEEDLE, 3

How?

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
Years
I think setup a wild pokemon battle.

Just put a graphic of lugia/ any pokemon.

Not what i mean
But like in the game
when you press (A) on Dialga he goes Graaaaaaaaaaa!
then you battle a wild Dialga
and I'm using Flameguru's Kit
and how do you add a HM?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
i have 3 questions:

1) how to make it so that i pokemon will not evolve no mater what (like in pokemon yellow, pikachu)

2) how to make it so that a specific pokemon can not be sent away to the pc (or anywhere else)

3) i was wandering if anyone found a good way to do a catapiller, i mean a better way then just putting a follow event on each map (because when i tride that, the event would still be on the map that the player just left, and i would have to wait for the event to get from where i set it to the player)

Years
3) i was wandering if anyone found a good way to do a catapiller, i mean a better way then just putting a follow event on each map (because when i tride that, the event would still be on the map that the player just left, and i would have to wait for the event to get from where i set it to the player)

That's because u are using the map connections and this sort of caterpillar needs the activation of a switch to be initiated and during this initialisation the events of the followers must be teleported.

The main problem with the map connections is that the events on the map u come from don't disappear and I dont know how to make it disappear :/.
It will eventually disappear if u move 10 paces from these events, but I have not found what did that :s.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
That's because u are using the map connections and this sort of caterpillar needs the activation of a switch to be initiated and during this initialisation the events of the followers must be teleported.

The main problem with the map connections is that the events on the map u come from don't disappear and I dont know how to make it disappear :/.
It will eventually disappear if u move 10 paces from these events, but I have not found what did that :s.

i know, that's one of the problems >.< that's why i was asking.

Atomic Reactor

1) how to make it so that i pokemon will not evolve no mater what (like in pokemon yellow, pikachu)

make a new pokemon so that it has no evolutions.
but in the case of pikachu, just make it so it has no evolutions.
but then you can't make it catchable in the game, otherwise you can't make it evolve.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
make a new pokemon so that it has no evolutions.
but in the case of pikachu, just make it so it has no evolutions.
but then you can't make it catchable in the game, otherwise you can't make it evolve.

thanks, but that would mean no richu (sp?) either, and i don't want that.

anyway, new problem, i started to make my own pokemon and put them into the game, but i found that while there are no pokemon 494+ sprites, or pokemon, there are 494-539 pokemon icons (the little 2 framed ones you see in the menu)

most of which are unown, an egg, and stuff like that, so how do i put in my pokemon menu sprites if these are there? are these even used because i couldn't find them in the system at all.

help >.<

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
The icons past 493 aren't used in the game, so you can delete them.
You don't have to delete Raichu; just set Pikachu's evolution method in Pokemon.txt so it doesn't evolve.

Darkerarceus: If you're using Flameguru's kit, why are you expecting to get help in a thread about poccil's kit?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
The icons past 493 aren't used in the game, so you can delete them.
You don't have to delete Raichu; just set Pikachu's evolution method in Pokemon.txt so it doesn't evolve.

Darkerarceus: If you're using Flameguru's kit, why are you expecting to get help in a thread about poccil's kit?

Thank you, that was all i needed to know :D now i can finish adding my first set of pokemon, then upload my demo :3

Last edited:

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Hi guys:

I've encountered another problem that even after I edited the encounter.txt file and add the POKEMON for oldrod, goodrod and superrod, they never appear when I use the fishing rods. What can I do to fix this issue? Or is the fishing rod event not available yet? I'd appreciate it very much if anyone of you could help.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Hi guys:

I've encountered another problem that even after I edited the encounter.txt file and add the POKEMON for oldrod, goodrod and superrod, they never appear when I use the fishing rods. What can I do to fix this issue? Or is the fishing rod event not available yet? I'd appreciate it very much if anyone of you could help.

can you show us the coding so that we can help you

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
can you show us the coding so that we can help you

What do you mean by coding? I didn't use any complicated codes and I just simply followed the script in the original encounter.txt file. The original file has a map with fishingrod POKEMON encounter event and I copied them all while replacd the values of POKEMON species and levels with custom values. However, whenever the character use fishing rod there's always a sentence "Not even a niple" showing up. What can I do to fix this problem? I'd appreciate it very much if you could help.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
What do you mean by coding? I didn't use any complicated codes and I just simply followed the script in the original encounter.txt file. The original file has a map with fishingrod POKEMON encounter event and I copied them all while replacd the values of POKEMON species and levels with custom values. However, whenever the character use fishing rod there's always a sentence "Not even a niple" showing up. What can I do to fix this problem? I'd appreciate it very much if you could help.

in the encounter text file, all of that is still considered coding, :)

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
in the encounter text file, all of that is still considered coding, :)

Okay, here's an example:

Code:
026 # PALLET TOWN
Water
TENTACOOL,5,10
TENTACOOL,10,20
TENTACOOL,20,30
TENTACOOL,30,35
TENTACOOL,35,40
OldRod
MAGIKARP,5
MAGIKARP,5
GoodRod
MAGIKARP,10
HORSEA,10
KRABBY,10
SuperRod
STARYU,20
SHELLDER,20
GYARADOS,25
SEADRA,30
PSYDUCK,30

I did followed the instruction and the example script but what's wrong with it? I'd appreciate it very much if you could help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back