• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
i heartgold and soulsilve, there is a tower over by the safari zone in the johto region but i dont know how to the red/blue orb and how do you get rayquaza because it says that it reached to the sky, land and water. i need help.

Once you've received the National dex and got a Kanto starter from Oak, you then go and talk to Mr. Pokèmon who will give you the Red Orb if you're playing Soulsilver or the Blue Orb if you're playing Heartgold. Then either Kyogre or Groudon will appear in the tower of which you speak. To get Rayquaza you need to have the opposite of whatever Pokemon you have on one cartridge. So if you have Soulsilver and Groudon you will need to require a Kyogre that was caught on Heartgold and trade it to Soulsilver, once you have them both show Professor Oak who will give you the Jade Orb, this will make Rayquaza appear in the tower. :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
originally posted by dragonomega
Once you've received the National [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]dex[/COLOR][/COLOR] and got a Kanto starter from Oak, you then go and talk to Mr. Pokèmon who will give you the Red Orb if you're playing [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Soulsilver[/COLOR][/COLOR] or the Blue Orb if you're playing Heartgold. Then either Kyogre or Groudon will appear in the tower of which you speak. To get Rayquaza you need to have the opposite of whatever Pokemon you have on one [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]cartridge[/COLOR][/COLOR]. So if you have Soulsilver and Groudon you will need to require a Kyogre that was caught on Heartgold and trade it to Soulsilver, once you have them both show Professor Oak who will give you the Jade Orb, this will make Rayquaza appear in the tower. :)

thanks!!! and how do i get a starter from proffessor oak and how do i get treecko mudkip torchic? i know you can get them but i forgot how.

Years
thanks!!! and how do i get a starter from proffessor oak and how do i get treecko mudkip torchic? i know you can get them but i forgot how.

To get Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Charmander you need to defeat Red and talk to Professor Oak in his lab in Pallet Town.

And to get Treecko/Mudkip/Torchic you also have to defeat Red but this time you have to talk to Steven. He will be in Silph Co. in Saffron City.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
wurmple

i caught a level 9 wurmple, at what level will it evolve into sil/cascoon, and at what level will it evolve into its third stage?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
What will it evolve into? Depends on its Personality Value.

What level it will evolve into the third stage? That depends on what you battle, how long you keep it as its second stage, and what evolution you wanted.

Shortest route. It evolves into second Stage at level 10 and third at 11. Unless you gain an enormous amount of EXP that allows you to level up more than once before evolving into the second stage.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
I want to battle with a friend wirelessly (she has HeartGold, I have Platinum), but we want our Pokemon to be equal levels, and while i know the Flat Battle does this, do our Pokemon have to be over level 50? Ours are under 50. Can we still do it?

Years
I have been reading all the posts and something that has been bugging me lately was mentioned. What is pokewalker and how does one use it? I can see the option on my SoulSilver game but was hesitant to explore it in case it messed my game up.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
This is the Pokewalker. Usuaully sold in a bundle with the HGSS games, but if you got it say online or 2nd hand, etc, you might not have gotten it. (Or rom'd it for that matter). There's more info there but basically you can send Pokemon to it and train it by walking about, one level each trip max. You can also catch Pokemon and find items on it via minigames.

At any rate, don't worry about it messing your game up. =p

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I have been reading all the posts and something that has been bugging me lately was mentioned. What is pokewalker and how does one use it? I can see the option on my SoulSilver game but was hesitant to explore it in case it messed my game up.

And to expand a little bit on what bobandbill said, (really my opinion), but its a pretty neat device. Yes, it's extremely simple and can get quite tedious over time, but it's a little incentive to buy the game because it does give so fun and enjoyment even though for such a short period of time. Who knows, though, perhaps you'll enjoy it more than me!

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Hope this is the right spot for this, but I have check the net with no luck, can some one tell me how to get a machop with egg moves bullet punch and close combat??

Years
Hope this is the right spot for this, but I have check the net with no luck, can some one tell me how to get a machop with egg moves bullet punch and close combat??

This one's a bit simple, all you need is to breed a female Machop/Machoke/Machamp with a Hitmonchan.

Hitmonchan learns Bullet Punch by move relearner while Close Combat is learned at Level 66.

Breed the female Machop/Machoke/Machamp with Hitmonchan and you shall get an egg which will hatch into a Machop knowing Bullet Punch and Close Combat.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
This one's a bit simple, all you need is to breed a female Machop/Machoke/Machamp with a Hitmonchan.

Hitmonchan learns Bullet Punch by move relearner while Close Combat is learned at Level 66.

Breed the female Machop/Machoke/Machamp with Hitmonchan and you shall get an egg which will hatch into a Machop knowing Bullet Punch and Close Combat.

Thank you so much for that, I have been going through my head for an hour or more over this!! Now how about this one?? A pichu with fake out and volt tackle??

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Thank you so much for that, I have been going through my head for an hour or more over this!! Now how about this one?? A pichu with fake out and volt tackle??

The mother must be a Pikachu or Raichu here, since Pichu can't breed. The father must also have Fake Out. Candidates include, but are not limited to: Smeargle (obviously), Glameow, Meowth and Nuzleaf. Have one of the parents hold the Light Ball too.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
The mother must be a Pikachu or Raichu here, since Pichu can't breed. The father must also have Fake Out. Candidates include, but are not limited to: Smeargle (obviously), Glameow, Meowth and Nuzleaf. Have one of the parents hold the Light Ball too.

I tried a smeargle and it says they prefer to play with others.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I tried a smeargle and it says they prefer to play with others.

This means that both parent Pokemon still have a chance of producing an egg, but there is a lower chance of doing so than when the parents belong to different trainers. What I mean is that if both Pokemon have different ID numbers (for instance, if one is yours and the other belongs to someone else), then they'll have a higher chance of producing an egg.

You'll have to ask someone here to trade you the appropriate parent Pokemon.

Mr.goodtrips

Gunslinger
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
Ghost Team

Hey all,
Let me start out by saying I'm new here, but I've heard good things about ya'll. So here I am.

Anywho, I'm looking to build an all ghost team for my next rematch against the Elite Four (Yes I know Karen is going to whoop my butt). So I'm looking for any advise and/or helpful hints anyone might have in regards to choosing the pokemon, which moves to teach, and anything else along those lines. the only requirements I have for the team is that they all have to be at least part ghost, and no repeats.

Thanks in advance for any help/advise.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Hi, and welcome to PC! Please use the 4th Gen Help Thread for questions of a simple nature such as this one. I'mma move this there now. :D

Moving on up

Years
I tried the insect's catching competition.

I was with Gastly ^^ to catch a Scyther (not to win this competition but to have a scyther in my team). Finally, I found one.

My Gastly Level 21
Scyther Level 13

In one strike, he beat my Gastly... ********

But now, the guy near the door say to me the competition of the day is finished, come another time.

I try to change de date of my dsi (I change to the date of tuesday > another competition's day in the week) but when I come, he say to me, the competition of the day is finished.

Do I really have to wait until Tuesday to be able to try to catch my scyther ?

Either have I make an error?

I saved. Restarted the console. Changed the date. Restarted the game. Spoken to the type.

Should I do : Save. Restart the console. Change the date. Restart the game. Save on Tuesday. Restart the game. Before speaking to him ?

Thanks for your help.

(I know there's the "trade" but with my box, I cant use the wep key, so I'm in WPA key and my dsi know only the wep key system). >>> no trade able for me until my provider give us an firmware update.

EDIT : I read that I can find Mankey on road 34. On an other website, I read Mankey are only on road 09 and 42. Finally, where should I go to find one ? (Because I was on road 34 during about 40 minutes irl and I didn't find Mankey.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back