• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

droomph

weeb
Years
ugh my mom says I can't get a cat because they shed and plus I already have a dog :c

though Houdini is cute enough so I guess it'll worksies

Spoiler:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
This is weird I'm using PC on my Wii.

And to stay on topic, my family can't really afford a pet but I would get a dog over a cat.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Allergies prevent me from having any sort of pets. But assuming I could, I'd take a cat. My uncle's dog pretty much scarred me for life. I don't think anyone liked the fact that it would chase after anyone and anything, barking like it anted to take out all its worldly aggressions on whoever it was chasing after.

Of course said uncle was a slacker so he probably never taught it proper obedience.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
My family friend got a German Shepherd that tried to attack me, and I've been more wary of dogs since. I had no fear before then because dogs had never really bitten me, lol.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
ugh my mom says I can't get a cat because they shed and plus I already have a dog :c

Spoiler:
D'aaaawww your dog is adorable.

I'd much rather have a dog over a cat. I like cats, but dogs are just plain awesome.

Dogs FTW.

puppies.jpg

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
See, why do all my relatives have to own the big, vicious dog breeds as pets? I might not be against dogs so much if they had the smaller, less mean breeds...
I think a dog's personality is defined by how the owner treats it. I've only ever met dogs owned by family friends, and all of them are cute and excitable and want nothing more than just to play with you. Including some of the bigger dogs.

Although, some breeds are naturally more aggressive than others. Pit bull terriers come to mind.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I think a dog's personality is defined by how the owner treats it. I've only ever met dogs owned by family friends, and all of them are cute and excitable and want nothing more than just to play with you. Including some of the bigger dogs.

Although, some breeds are naturally more aggressive than others. Pit bull terriers come to mind.

Yeah, it's a fine balance between breed and owner. I would never own a naturally aggressive breed myself, because the thing is, it's completely possible to train that dog not to be aggressive, to be sweet and loving and everything you would want in a dog. But I don't have the time and patience to train aggressiveness out of a dog. I want a dog that comes pre-sweetened, lmao.

I WANT A CORGI

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years

Yeah, it's a fine balance between breed and owner. I would never own a naturally aggressive breed myself, because the thing is, it's completely possible to train that dog not to be aggressive, to be sweet and loving and everything you would want in a dog. But I don't have the time and patience to train aggressiveness out of a dog. I want a dog that comes pre-sweetened, lmao.

I WANT A CORGI
Agreed. I'd also prefer a "pre-sweetened" dog, haha.

Speaking of trained non-aggressive animals, has anyone else seen that domesticated hippo in Africa? It's pretty amazing considering hippos are the #1 most aggressive animal in the world.

Video:

Years

I WANT A CORGI
I'd like one pre-sweeted corgi, please. My brother has one, but she's a show dog dropout and terribly nervous around strangers. Still sweet though.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
If I ever get a pet, whether it's a cat or dog, I need one that's not vicious and sheds relatively little hair... I believe it's the pet dander that I'm allergic to, though my parents told me years ago that animal saliva might bother me too (do cats lick their owners as much as dogs do?)

droomph

weeb
Years
Omg every dog I meet knows I own a dog (I always have fur on me lol) so they all lick my face or something.

Personally, I would choose a huge-ass dog to a small one, because it makes me feel warm and fuzzy and they wouldn't mind me using them as a pillow as much as say, a chihuahua.

And LeSabre all dogs (and cats) shed more or less during the summer season so if you absolutely can't stand one piece of dander a pet isn't for you :c But if you can handle a bit, I would suggest a jack Russell, like mine c: Super cute and doesn't shed that badly! Though do take a tour through the animal shelter first. Just wear a mask :x

Years
And LeSabre all dogs (and cats) shed more or less during the summer season so if you absolutely can't stand one piece of dander a pet isn't for you :c
Poodles don't shed hardly anything. They're hypoallergenic, but you often have to take more care of them than you would with other dogs.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years

Spoiler:
Awww, your dog is so cute :3
I love dogs in general, but I especially love the little dogs. I think it would be awesome to get a corgi of some kind. :) I dogsit one ocasionally and they are the cutest things ever.
Cats on the other hand, are a completely different story.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Poodles don't shed hardly anything. They're hypoallergenic, but you often have to take more care of them than you would with other dogs.

The main dogs I've had have been toy poodles and one standard poodle. I like them a lot. :3 But my mom worked as a dog groomer for a while so she had no problem grooming her, it's not that way for everyone.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Most of the dogs I had growing up were Labs because my dad used to hunt a lot. The one I have now is a chihuahua. Here name is Piper.
Spoiler:

droomph

weeb
Years
Most of the dogs I had growing up were Labs because my dad used to hunt a lot. The one I have now is a chihuahua. Here name is Piper.
Spoiler:
A different kind of cute, but cute nonetheless <3

Oh and did I tell you guys my dog is depressed? I swear it is. He won't move at all when I ask him to and he hates me (I think) now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back