• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
Years
Just showing off a new area coming soon =) my first attempt at tile inserting so it's not perfect, but I'm happy with how it came out.

The area is inspired by aqueducts, or a tunnel going through water =)

20f71b8.png
Impressive, I like Underwater Tunnel Idea but i think i'll wait for next Release (Version 2):)

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2018
Ah, darn i was skipping through chat at the lab and accidentally accepted the New Bora thing without saving for about an hour previously. If i wait until the next beta can i salvage the quick-save?

To clarify; I have not gone to the area i'm just in the text box before teleportation to the place

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Ah, darn i was skipping through chat at the lab and accidentally accepted the New Bora thing without saving for about an hour previously. If i wait until the next beta can i salvage the quick-save?

To clarify; I have not gone to the area i'm just in the text box before teleportation to the place

Yeah that should be fine =) unless you're actually in New Bora the later coming scripts will work okay. In Version 2 it'll all be there, so sorry for the inconvenience it might have caused you!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 11, 2014
Wow, what a great hack! So much to do considering how much you said was still left to put in! I see you keep mentioning Version 2, which sounds like it has been coming along quite well. Any estimate as to when that'll be out? No rush of course, I'll wait, I'm just glad to see a hack with such great potential that is making great work out of that potential!

codem8kr

Team Rocket Boss....
Years
I just found this hack.
So excited to start playing it.
I'll get back to you with my impressions avaramoon.
Keep up the good work.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Wow, what a great hack! So much to do considering how much you said was still left to put in! I see you keep mentioning Version 2, which sounds like it has been coming along quite well. Any estimate as to when that'll be out? No rush of course, I'll wait, I'm just glad to see a hack with such great potential that is making great work out of that potential!

Thank you for your comments =) I'm aiming for Version 2 to have all the way up to just before the Tournament so it probably won't be out for a while yet. Trying to get custom trainer sprites into the game is also on the to do list but I can't index images to save myself =(

~ An additional small update: now the heroine has a sprite, too! =)

2igiys8.png
8zin9e.png

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 11, 2014
Hey, I have a couple of questions.

Where is a moon stone??

Also, my main rival won't move from the surf license place and just keeps saying my pokemon are pathetic.

And also:
Spoiler:

The policeman in Lethean says mt ore is opened but it is still closed.

I can walk on water in Lethean if I go to the water right across from the hotel.

Everything is looking great though! The newest patch is a lot smoother!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hey, I have a couple of questions.

Where is a moon stone??

Also, my main rival won't move from the surf license place and just keeps saying my pokemon are pathetic.

And also:
Spoiler:

The policeman in Lethean says mt ore is opened but it is still closed.

I can walk on water in Lethean if I go to the water right across from the hotel.

Everything is looking great though! The newest patch is a lot smoother!

Oh dear =/ yeah that is a VERY big glitch, neither option should lead to that. You can make your rival go away by going to the Lethean City Hotel and speaking with avara, next to the community centre, or that's how it SHOULD work =/ Thanks so much for telling me about this!

EDIT: Fixed the spoiler glitch and rival glitch, not sure about the walking on water thing though =/

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 11, 2014
Oh dear =/ yeah that is a VERY big glitch, neither option should lead to that. You can make your rival go away by going to the Lethean City Hotel and speaking with avara, next to the community centre, or that's how it SHOULD work =/ Thanks so much for telling me about this!

Well shoot, yeah it doesn't seem that the jackass wants to move, just taunt me :)

Glad I could help though!

codem8kr

Team Rocket Boss....
Years
Is this normal?

I've defeated the first two gym leaders and went to save the game and it says 0 badges

Is this supposed to be like this?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Is this normal?

I've defeated the first two gym leaders and went to save the game and it says 0 badges

Is this supposed to be like this?

Yes, that's normal =) badges don't exist in this hack =P Gym Leaders are just supposed to be a sidequest.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
If anyone would be willing to lend a hand or have the time, I am looking for a few beta testers for Version 2. I''ve been inserting new trainer sprites into the hack, tested them in the ROM and they seem okay but of course there's always a chance that it could cause something to go wrong in the background. Because of all the storyline branching, it would take me forever to do all the beta testing myself.

Ideally I'm looking for 1 person to test the Neutral career, the Research career, the Seeker career and the Crime career each just to make sure that everything's in working order, and also to help me spot any other glitches before release time.

Thank you for reading and let me know if you are interested =)

Years
If i don't update to the newer version could i use my original 1.5 save file with version 2? because i don't want to start all over just for a few bug fixes that will be in version 2

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
I will help do one of the career choices and let you know if there are any bugs.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I'd be more than happy to beta test for you xD

I will help do one of the career choices and let you know if there are any bugs.

Great, PM me with the career you want to test, Researcher has already been taken =)

EDIT: Seeker and Rsearcher have been claimed for testing, still need another 2 for the Neutral and Crime careers!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
If i don't update to the newer version could i use my original 1.5 save file with version 2? because i don't want to start all over just for a few bug fixes that will be in version 2

Unfortunately I would use the newer 1.5. That's the one with all the bug fixes, version 2 will have more gameplay and you can keep your save file from the latest version =)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
This hack seems very promising!!
I am just a little bit concerned about fakemon, how much fakemons do you plan to add?
As of right now there are 7 fakemon in the hack, only 5 of which are obtainable. =)

Back