• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things that dont make sense

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
There are moves if you think about it dont make any sense. For example if Dragon claw is used on a fairy type it doesnt affect them. If you have this big hand smacking you. How is it not effective? I mean if anyone gets slapped with a big hand. You gonna feel it.

So what doesnt make sense to you?

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
Breeding is weird. You can make some unusual combinations to breed, like Skitty + Wailord and Seviper + Zangoose. WTF.

Sirfetch’d

If you think Pokemon is logical, you should really think again. A lot of things don't make sense but I really like that about Pokemon in all honesty. For example, Vullaby can learn the move Fly but it's Pokedex entry specifically says that it cannot fly.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
If you think Pokemon is logical, you should really think again. A lot of things don't make sense but I really like that about Pokemon in all honesty. For example, Vullaby can learn the move Fly but it's Pokedex entry specifically says that it cannot fly.

Must be drinking Red Bull when Mama Mandibuzz ain't looking.

Ahem. Vullaby at least have a pair of visible wings, how'd y'all like Duduo and Dodrio's invisible wings?

Only certain floating or some Flying-types are eligible for participate Sky Battles, yet any Pokémon can battle under the sea like Charmander. :v

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Still fail to see why is Fairy resists Fighting and is super effective against it when it should be the other way around. Actually, I fail to see why does the Fairy-type even exist.

Years
Still fail to see why is Fairy resists Fighting and is super effective against it when it should be the other way around. Actually, I fail to see why does the Fairy-type even exist.

Apparently the Fairy-type's advantage over Fighting-type can stem to the fact magical powers overcome brute force. But I do admit, most people think the type matchups for Fairy are the most nonsensical unless if they look into the big picture. It's likely also due to most people thinking the type's mainly cute nature was based on fairies you see in movies and TV shows targeted towards kids, and not based on actual lore about fairies.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Apparently the Fairy-type's advantage over Fighting-type can stem to the fact magical powers overcome brute force. But I do admit, most people think the type matchups for Fairy are the most nonsensical unless if they look into the big picture. It's likely also due to most people thinking the type's mainly cute nature was based on fairies you see in movies and TV shows targeted towards kids, and not based on actual lore about fairies.

By this logic all ranged attacks should be super effective against fighting-types.

Screw fairies, they should have made Poison and Steel super effective against Dragon, and have Poison resist Dragon.

Ashes to Ashes

Serenade of Cerne
Years
Why doesnt bonemerang work on flying types? Its a bone youre throwing, almost closer to rock than ground. Dragon claw being ignored completely is weird but its how the mechanics of the game work. Many common metals can be corroded by various acids and chemicals but Steel is immune to Poison. Everything is generalized and thats what keeps it simple.

Years
Why doesnt bonemerang work on flying types? Its a bone youre throwing, almost closer to rock than ground.

Not only that but bones can be thrown upwards which can hit flying types dead on. Also if flying types are on the ground then ground type attacks should hit.

I also have a problem with Fairy type as I'm sure a lot of people do. I still don't get the whole immune against Dragons stuff either. I'm not going to compare it to fairy tales and dragons in that either because this is completely different. Also does that mean Arceus now has a Fairy plate now, which he didn't in Gen IV?

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Some of the Pokemon descriptions like Blastoise being the 'Shellfish' Pokemon when it is clearly a turtle but it would be strange if every Pokemon had a 'say what you see' name like Swanna being the 'White Bird' Pokemon.

NPC's always saying the same thing.

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
Years
Steel not being effective against Dragons.
I read an article about Fairies being weak to Steel and Poison by comparing it to Captain Hook imprisoning Tinkerbell in a steel cage and poisoning her (did that happen in the movie? I can't remember, but that comparison helped me remember Fairy's type-effectiveness). I know that wasn't Gamefreak's rationale for the type-effectiveness, but I think of a sword slaying a dragon and it makes me think Dragons should be weak to Steel.

Years
Porygon is an AI which somehow manifests outside of a computer and can somehow breed with ditto to make another porygon via being hatched from an egg.

wait wut?

Years
You can't be paralyzed, poisoned, asleep, burnt, and frozen at the same time. Okay, maybe some aren't applicable together(like burnt and frozen), but you should at least be poisoned and sleeping, or burnt and paralyzed, or poisoned and paralyzed at the same time, right?

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
Years
Cubone. How does each one's mother die? And in the actual game itself, how is it that you can breed them without losing the parents, yet it's still born wearing the skull that supposedly belonged to its passed on mother?

Why does Bite have be learned - or even genetically inherited (egg move'd) - when it should be a common/natural skill in 'mons that have teeth? Special mention to Poochyena for being the "Bite Pokemon", but couldn't learn Bite until Gen VI despite what most of its PokeDex entries say about it.

Last edited:
Years
When you lose a battle to a wild Pokemon, "black out" and drop two hundred dollars. The fuck? Is that damn Tentacool gonna hop on land to buy a McChicken? And how do you "black out" and go the PokeCenter? Sleepwalking?

GengyGengar

Sp00py
Years
You can fly on, surf on, break rocks with, climb waterfalls with, clear fog with, move huge boulders with, clear whirlpools with and illuminate huge caves with fainted Pokemon. Logic.

Back