• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What do you think they shouldve improved in BW2 over BW?

Years
I'm just wondering what do you think that Game Freak could've added into the game, which, while it has a lot of great fixes and additions, could have done a bit more to improve it from its predecessor.

1)
Spoiler:

2)Alternate costumes
I'll admit that the one feature that really is awesome for me is the PokeStar Studios, and making mini movies that you can affect the outcome is awesome. one thing they really could have added as an extra would have been to let your character use their movie costumes in the overworld, even if it looked silly (Princess Rosa wouldve been awesome!)

3) still can't swim!
y'know, you'd think after 15 years, they'd let the main character swim, even if its in shallow water. and considering how awesome the new water area looks, it would've been nice to swim a bit, maybe add some new mechanics to find hidden areas or something while you swim?

4) Dreamworld Blues
this is a minor one, but still gets my goat. if when you add a dream world pokemon to your party, the pokemon joins willingly, but while you capture them, why do they still shake in the pokeball as if they're struggling to get out?

well, that's my twopence on what they couldve done. what else do you think they couldve added/changed?

Last edited:

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I'm not sure this counts but it really bothers me that W2 is pretty much the same as W. This holds true for B and B2 as well. What I'm talking about is in regards to the Pokemon you can find and have to get from another game except one big issue.

You get Zekrom in White and Black 2.
You get Resgiram in Black and White 2.

While it is still a better idea to own the (2) version opposite of your previous version for Pokedex ease this will completely lock your legendary. Myself personally own White and Black 2 but get stuck with two Zekrom even though they are the best to own together when completing the pokedex alone. I guess this only matters if you're like me and prefer to be the OT of all your Pokemon.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I would've liked to see trainers other than Hugh and Nate/Rosa with the Unova starters, just like how trainers other than Barry and Lucas/Dawn had the Sinnoh starters in D/P/Pt. It also would've been nice to see trainers with Buneary, Skitty, Vullaby and Rufflet, so that we're not forced to trade just to access the Nature Preserve.

Also, @OP: We still can't swim because we already have Surf to do that for us.

Years
This is one of the relatively minor things, but I wish that there would have been updated sprites for all of the characters that remained between B/W and B2/W2, not just a select few. The second gen games (and their remakes) updated all of the Kanto Gym Leaders among others to reflect the two year difference, and while we got people like Bianca, Cheren, Elesa and Iris with updated sprites, a number of others are completely identical. Again, a small thing, but it would have shown that a little bit of extra effort was put into the game.

Years
Also, @OP: We still can't swim because we already have Surf to do that for us.

man, surf is old news. even from the beach in RSE, I've felt my character could at least get to use an inner tube or something. they should do something about that. these are all rants of someone who's about to retire though, since Im stopping at BW2.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
The only thing that I wish they have improved was giving a Pokemon White 2 and Pokemon Black 2 new sprites for the Pokemon, not for all of the Pokemon, but for the Pokemon that are in the Unova Pokedex for these two games. I honestly think gamefreak became lazy because some of these sprites are 4th generation.

:t354:TG

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
They definitely improved postgame with the World Tournament, but I don't understand why they didn't go all out and include the 6v6 battle format (why... omg) and the Elite Four of each region, including Lorelei who kind of disappeared.

It would be kinda cool to fight my old character, but I would prefer an explanation as to where I've gone, since it seemed as if Unova was in a crisis and the old hero was unreachable, which is kind of unrealistic? I mean, where could they possibly be? It's kind of alright that the old hero didn't show up since I like to imagine what my character was saying and what kind of personality they'd have almost, and I'm sure that's the reason why. But more of an explanation would have been nice.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
-I think they should have included more battle options for both PWT and Random Matchup. If you want to play Singles, you're stuck with 3 Pokemon (Doubles 4v4 and Triples gets 6v6). They should have let you choose the mode you want, and then #v# so that you're not pigeonholed into playing a specific metagame if you're not using a third-party battle finder.

-Secret bases. They made Hidden Hollows so it shouldn't have been hard to create a similar mechanic to make a base.

-Left Brycen's Gym open, along with the Striaton Gym, and allow you to battle them optionally. Although, the daily event in the Striaton Gym is good too.

-Let you grow your own patch of berries in-game, at the Ranch or something.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Even though everyone loved the World Torny I didn't I just didn't ever go near it (apart from the forced storyline). Something about it just seemed wrong to me!

The gym leaders In BW2 were just sloppy, boring and so easy to beat!

Cheren - should of been the last gym, he was strong in BW then he has all weak pokemon.

Roxie - last gym in the anime, she should have been the 7th gym, her pokemon had some massive potential and failed hard.

Burgh - he was useless in BW so why they kept him in I will never know!

Elesa - Changed 1 pokemon and was still easy to beat, No challenge from gym leaders anymore!

and the list continues but I will not bored you with that,
Just to conclude, the gym leaders are getting sloppy and boring now, I know they are supposed to be 1 type only, but for me pokemon needs to change this and add in multi type gyms, not for all of them but for like the last 2, to make it harder and apply more skill.

Years
I would have loved to seen Trainers not named Hugh and Nate/Rosa with the Unova Starters, like what happened with non-main characters having Sinnoh Starters in D/P/Pt, like what PlatinumDude said.

Also, I would love to have seen Secret Bases and Berry planting return to the games.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Bringing back those features in B2W2 would've seemed too random honestly. It seems like something you'd do at the start of the games, not at the sequels, plus R/S remakes are hopefully coming up so they're probably saving them for the remakes.

Nevertheless, I like who posted about the sprites. I'd love to have seen new animations for all the Unova mons :3

If anything I think B2/W2 had too many features and tried to outdo B/W too much and kind of failed at that, but that's irrelevant, really. ;(

Adore

Party.
Years
I wish they brought back 6v6 Level 100 All Wi-Fi battles. I know that I could just adapt to there's Pokemon Online or VGC rules but... It just doesn't feel the same to me.

That's minor to me though. I really enjoyed the game overall.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
I miss the "Always run" option from HG/SS
as well as two key items on the bottom screen for quick access

should've kept HG/SS's bottom screen and implemented the C-Gear like the PokeGear

It would be kinda cool to fight my old character, but I would prefer an explanation as to where I've gone, since it seemed as if Unova was in a crisis and the old hero was unreachable, which is kind of unrealistic? I mean, where could they possibly be? It's kind of alright that the old hero didn't show up since I like to imagine what my character was saying and what kind of personality they'd have almost, and I'm sure that's the reason why. But more of an explanation would have been nice.

The BW character was looking for N, and N was looking for them, so it looks like they missed each other, since N returned to Unova
"In Pokémon Black 2 and White 2, much like Red's mother in Generation II and IV, she Touya/ko's mother] still resides in the same house and tells the player that her son/daughter is out in another region looking for N."

Last edited:

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
One thing I'd like to see is a complete revamp of the gyms in the pokemon games. Throw out the single-type battles, already! One or two strong pokemon can wipe out a Gym Leader's entire team? That teaches nothing. How about having gym leaders use a specific battling technique and battle in different ways? For example, have one leader battle you whose specialty was status attacks, while another challenged you to a double or triple battle. It would make the battles more interesting and make you think more about strategy in different situations.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
Years
They should have pokemon following you like in pokemon HG/SS all around Unova. I would normally be happy if they put bit more legendaries in the game including bonus stuff to do after you defeat the eilte four or the storyline, since you don't see Hilbert/Hilda in the game it's quite disappointing. The game is at least decent and fun.

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
I really, really dislike that not only can you not get berries anywhere except the dream world and a couple in game NPC's but you also have to do the dream world in order to get (dream world) abilities for your pokemon. The dream world is an annoying time sink that I don't want to be pressured to use.

We should be able to plant berries like in previous games or obtain them in a less complex format. I'd rather dream world abilities not exist or be obtainable without accessing the dreamworld (or trading). I played dream world a couple times for an hour each time and it really wasn't interesting. I don't think they accomplished bringing players together, but just made a cumbersome way of restricting valuble items (+abilities) to those willing to tolerate it.

I'd really like there to be an easier way to view individual values such as the pokemons summary page or perhaps an in game item. Something that gave you exact numerical values. It's not too difficult to use an online IV calculator to get close estimates but at this point I don't see why that should be neccessary. The pokemon charcteristics text doesn't go far enough in my opinion.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'd like to add that the Battle Subway should have at least integrated the move tutor moves into the Subway 'mons because I felt that GameFreak was in a bit of a rush and just copy/pasted the Pokémon's move sets for the B/W Battle Subway on there.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Random Matchups should follow Smogon's Uber list to allow some non-uber event Pokemon to be used in our teams like Victini and Keldeo. Also, have us battle the original BW heroes, so they could bring the same relevance to the series as Red and have to a chance to appear in the next Smash Bros. to co-exist with him (more preferably the female hero: Hilda).

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
One thing that would have been nice would be if the C-Gear worked while the DS was in Sleep mode. It really annoyed me that I had to have it open to connect to anything. It would be much easier to connect with others if it did.

Back