• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

What about sports?

Years
I'm really good at Futsel because I play soccer everyday. I'm naturally better than most people at Hockey (in the school team) but I don't really play it much. Other then that: Unicycling, Golf, and Rope Skipping (yes it's a sport).

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Swimming is what I love. I can say that I'm a natural in water and that water's my element. My friends once commented that I was like a fish during swimming classes in school a few years ago. xD My best and preferred stroke is the breaststroke, with freestyle and backstroke coming in second and third. I can't do the butterfly though.. I always fuel out less than halfway in the pool haha. Although I say that swimming is my best sport, I haven't participated in any competitions before..so yeah, I'm not what you call a 'professional' lols.

Years
I don't recall chess being a sport, but ooookkk.

I'm a pretty athletic guy, so, ...all of them. I played lacrosse in high school, so there's that. Running, football, soccer, hockey, basketball, tennis, etc.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
My best sport is 10 Pin Bowling, where I am considered to be a semi-pro, but haven't played for 4 years, so I don't know what I am like now. I also enjoy Archery, Badminton, Soccer, Darts, Snooker, Pool and Trampolining.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I play a wider variety of sports, and I'm good at most of them. Soccer (as goalie, hurdur), Volleyball, Football, Chess, Wrestling, among a few others.

I suck at Basketball though.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I'm not very sporty, actually, but I do love ice skating and swimming :3 I did fencing for a little bit too and liked that!

I've actually never tried tennis and I've always kinda wanted to!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I hate sport. It's pointless and overrated and people need to get over it. I've seen the end of a football match on TV once and the supporters of the losing team leave the stadium in tears. Like Jesus Christ get a grip.

As for me, I always sucked at sports. I had Mum write me a note to get me out of PE every week I could, and one time I even wrapped my perfectly fine wrist in a bandage and told the teacher I sprained it the night before. PE was my last period that day so I had to spend the whole day with my hand in a bandage lol.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I consider myself pretty sporty. I play a ton, but I'm probably only good in a handful. But I guess the only one I'm really great at is basketball, since I'm pretty tall. I was a starter in high school, and even began practicing with the team in college for a while. So...yea, basketball. I love the sport. Best in the world.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
I'm not good at any sports... I'm horrible at swimming, running, kicking, jumping etc. (the only reason I'm skinny is the fact I have a high metabolism) - and I'm bad (not horrible) at chess (I didn't know that was considered a sport!)

So yeah I enjoy sports, but I'm bad at them - hand me a piece of music, or a pencil and paper, and I'm happy :P

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I used to like basketball until I found it too be bland. I started to like soccer and stopped when everyone kept on missing the ball and kicking my foot. I started to like football because it's a contact sport and got a lot of action going on in it. I still love football till this day.

Other 'sports' I excel at is Parkour, Mixed Martial Arts, Muay Thai and Kickboxing.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I've never been into sports but I'm good at table-tennis if you want to consider that, and I like swimming and cycling but that's it. I don't really do any of this in an "athletic" way so it doesn't really count but whatever.

Years
I'm not very sporty, actually, but I do love ice skating and swimming :3 I did fencing for a little bit too and liked that!

I've actually never tried tennis and I've always kinda wanted to!

WE MUST HAVE A SWORD FIGHT ONE DAY.

The only sport I really do is karate. I do cycle as well but not in a sport like manner, just casually. But there's a lot of sports I can do like basketball, cricket, soccer and swimming.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I used to play soccer, and was quite good at it. Unfortunately, I haven't played it like that since middle school and might have lost a bit of my skills I had back then. But from what I can remember, I wasn't bad at it.

I used to play baseball too. I remember being okay with it. I wasn't quite as good as I was with soccer, but I generally didn't have too many problems and could hit some home runs. Unfortunately, I haven't played that since middle school either, and I might have lost some of the skills I had.

I was okay with basketball when I wasn't feeling anxiety for performing in front of others.

I was great at volleyball when I actually felt like playing it in gym class, so I was good with that.

The last time I really played football, I didn't have the best hand-eye coordination, so I didn't do very good with that, but I think that that's improved over the years dramatically, and I'm convinced that if I tried to play it again that I wouldn't be too bad.

I think with some practice, I'd be good at tennis. We used to play that every now and then in high school and I reaaaally enjoyed it for some reason. I didn't know how to play it or how to hit the tennis ball, but I know that if I was taught, I would do well.

That's really all the sports that I have any notable experience playing. The problem I had with gym class, and even now, is that I tend to avoid showcasing myself in athletic abilities. I'm not sure why. I think there's a psychological problem I have or a memory I'm probably repressing of an embarrassing moment from my childhood that I'd rather not relive, but it's not something I consciously do.

While we're on the topic of sports, I'd reaallyyyy like to try some extreme sports!!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I used to do plenty of sports back in like, Elementary School. I did Swimming, Basketball, Soccer, and Karate. Though the only one I was a even a little bit better than decent at was Swimming. Basketball and Soccer I liked but didn't excel at, and I quit Karate because I hated my sensei.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
I'm a really avid badminton player and competed in a junior elite championship once (I got my ass kicked because the asian players were leagues ahead of me).

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Volleyball has always been 'my' sport but lately I've found tennis to be incredibly fun, too.

I think I'd enjoy any volleying/passing/etc. sport.

Two sports I've always wished I practiced more were gymnastics and ice skating too, but those are so hard on the body compared to volleyball and tennis. Gymnastics is incredibly demanding with balance and the like and I have really weak ankles so haha at me trying to ice skate for long periods of time...

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I'm not too sporty honestly but I'd say I'm really good at rock climbing. I love Rock Climbing except I haven't done much in a while so I'm not sure if my skills are still up to scratch <3;, but I consider myself good at it still, I can easily climb to the top of most walls and its a really enjoyable sport. I really love it. <3

Other than that, I'd say I'm also pretty good at basketball! I used to do it a lot when I was a little kid, just go up to the school grounds on the weekend and play with their basketball hoops with my Mum and my sister, that must of been when I was 4 or 5. I still do that actually :3! I don't play on a team or anything, but I'd still say I'm good at it! :3.

Annnd that's about it really :(, I'm alright at swimming, not bad but not too good either so somewhere in the middle.

Years
I'm not really that good at sports to be honest, it took me 4 years to learn how to swim well in deep water cos back in my school days I had a massive fear of deep water, which basically meant no going out in the ocean for me. And a fear of heights basically meant extreme sports for me are a complete no-no.

Also, I'm not that good at most ball games or sports that involve throwing things, but I tend to be very fast at walking! So much that I'm a power-walker!

Years
I wish I was more competent when it came to sports. I tend to say "I'm useless" when it comes to some sports. I think it's because I never really do try and it's saddening.
I used to be captain of a soccer team until I was 10 and then I stopped. I was happy and I enjoyed it. I only watch soccer now though, but I'm pretty sure I'll rejoin a soccer club in the future.
I swim now and again and I think I'm alright.
I'm good at sprinting but you'll rarely see me doing it.
I used to BMX with some lads at the park until I was 15. Then my bike got robbed by someone. It's alright though, I've found love in my scooter that I've been using since lol.
There are loads of sports I want to try tbh.
I guess I am a sporty/athletic person but I neglect my sportyness very often.

Back