• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
Well, as always, any help with the hack is appreciated. ^_^ Anyway, I have a really great start with the intro animation, so look forward to that! ^^

Edit: I've finished at least 1/7 of the final animation. c: So I'll let you all see my progress.
17animation.gif
And no, this isn't a banner or anything like that. Oh, credit to West for the Stontle sprite art. I just edited it to breath, wake up, and get freaked out. o_o

Last edited:

Milk

ガットミルク
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
Lol do you have msn?
I wanna practice my sprite ripping skills other then graphic skills >.<

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
I don't know if we need ripping. Anyway, the leader of the team is away for the week, so Lyzo is in charge. So, you should contact him if you're interested in helping out. =3 (Or post in the Team Torzach thread in the team discussions section of the forum)

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
Well, as always, any help with the hack is appreciated. ^_^ Anyway, I have a really great start with the intro animation, so look forward to that! ^^

Edit: I've finished at least 1/7 of the final animation. c: So I'll let you all see my progress.
17animation.gif
And no, this isn't a banner or anything like that. Oh, credit to West for the Stontle sprite art. I just edited it to breath, wake up, and get freaked out. o_o

*Laughs intensely* That's cool. You didn't edit much, so that's okay. That's so cool!

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
*Laughs intensely* That's cool. You didn't edit much, so that's okay. That's so cool!
<333 I told you I would use it~ Oh, and I'm glad my animations give you the ability to laugh so intensely. o_O xD I'm almost done with the next part too. ._. But it needs more screens to make bewstripe's running animation more... less stupid. =3 Oh, but I'll send it to ya so you can see it so far.

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2010
Hey, if you want my opinion on stuff again here goes. Of those hero sprites the top middle one is my favorite, followed by the original and the far left one (I like that green shirt). I like the second version of the fakemon more, but for the changes made, he looks a smidge too happy... I think. And the Stontle is really good too. I like how sad he looks.

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
Well, I suppose today is as good as any to have you guys take a look at these.
trainersmalls.png
Government Official of some sort, Rival, Heroine, Hero. And anyway, I don't think we'll be changing the hero since Mac doesn't want to change him. =3 I appreciate your opinion though. This too, I guess.
014Bugly.png
Too small?

Last edited:

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
Well, I suppose today is as good as any to have you guys take a look at these.
trainersmalls.png
Government Official of some sort, Rival, Heroine, Hero. And anyway, I don't think we'll be changing the hero since Mac doesn't want to change him. =3 I appreciate your opinion though. This too, I guess.
014Bugly.png
Too small?

They all look great! But the Pokemons face is weird. If you could fix that, it would be perfect!

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
Years
014Bugly-1.png
Better? Oh, and feel free to edit it, West. =3
Okay this thing is bothering the crap out of me. those spikes on its back have missing pixels, as does the rest of it's body. The facial expression is unreadable, and I think his eyes are just a plain yellow..........FIX IT! Sorry if I seem pushy.

EDIT: Kill most of my advice. copied into Paint, and saw almost all of the errors were due to internet posting =b looks nice, but the face still bothers the crap out of me.

Milk

ガットミルク
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
The first one i think was even scarier o.o

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
I love you guys, that work on the fake on. You really work it to perfection. Its amazing how you ppl can take the oppinions and tips, and make it happen,so that the fakemon look really so much better with each time a new sprite is released. You guys are gods :-)
And the animation....wooooow. Im speechles. kudos. Best work i've ever seen, and that includes the real pokemon games as well ;-)

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
Years
I think you guys thought that the yellow was part of the eye. I should've put in more shading. Anyway, any better?
014Bugly1.png
Beautiful. No more things bothering the crap out of me =) well, then again, that size is a tad large, but if you make it smaller there is a loss of detail that is necessary to make it look nice.

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
xD That's true. I'll try sizing it down later. Oh and what do you guys think of this thing?
Tipatoo.png
I don't really like it because... Well, before I gave it legs and a tail, it looked like a zubat/golbat/aerodactyl ripoff. I really don't know what to do with it. I tried some different colors but it still didn't look right. Not that this looks right. O_o Its name is supposed to be Tipatoo. =o I guess its sort of original in that its a four legged thing with wings in its first evo. But.. bleh. Oh and the hero/ine front OWs.
Torzachow.png
Any good?

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
Years
xD That's true. I'll try sizing it down later. Oh and what do you guys think of this thing?
Tipatoo.png
I don't really like it because... Well, before I gave it legs and a tail, it looked like a zubat/golbat/aerodactyl ripoff. I really don't know what to do with it. I tried some different colors but it still didn't look right. Not that this looks right. O_o Its name is supposed to be Tipatoo. =o I guess its sort of original in that its a four legged thing with wings in its first evo. But.. bleh. Oh and the hero/ine front OWs.
Torzachow.png
Any good?
Actually I did a Tipatoo already, although it's a tad bit different:
Tipatoo.png

Just a bit large.
As to yours, I think the left wing looks oddly placed, and that tail only has one shade. also, the rigth wing looks like it is sprouting out of the body at a vertical angle, and then overlaps the body. How do you fly with that?

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
Actually I did a Tipatoo already, although it's a tad bit different:
Tipatoo.png

Just a bit large.
As to yours, I think the left wing looks oddly placed, and that tail only has one shade. also, the rigth wing looks like it is sprouting out of the body at a vertical angle, and then overlaps the body. How do you fly with that?

I would make a diagram to show you what it was supposed to be like, but I like your much better. xDD I still think it's a Zubat ripoff though.

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
Years
I would make a diagram to show you what it was supposed to be like, but I like your much better. xDD I still think it's a Zubat ripoff though.
Yeah, the way it looks just reminds me of zubat. When I saw the concept design I went "That's a Purple Zubat with a round head!" Unfortunately my first thought was repeated. I will think of ways to make it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back