• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

XSE Scripting Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Yea, I get that now...
Now I'm trying to compile it.
But now it's saying this:
Spoiler:

~EDIT~
It worked!
Thanx yunghove, hackmew, and dartatron!
I can script, except it showed the /p lol...

Last edited:

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Wow... Soo many posts... :o

I have a question: How can u use the comman "multichoice"?
I can script the normal things quite good, but I just don't understand this one ^^''
MultiChoice is something that you should really only do when you know all of the basics. You see it needs to use Variables, which may be difficult to some. I'll show you how to make a working script with multichoice, however I won't go into too much detail.
Spoiler:
when will the full XSE tut be created..?
HackMew is writing it up as we speak.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Wow... Soo many posts... :o

MultiChoice is something that you should really only do when you know all of the basics. You see it needs to use Variables, which may be difficult to some. I'll show you how to make a working script with multichoice, however I won't go into too much detail.
Spoiler:

HackMew is writing it up as we speak.

Nice, something else to work on now. i cannot wait until Hackmew is done! :)

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
thx darthatron, I already know all the basics since I scripted with pokescript very much and quite advanced.(so I understood what u wrote there ^^)
I just don't know how some things are set in XSE, but I believe the tut will help? :D

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
thx darthatron, I already know all the basics since I scripted with pokescript very much and quite advanced.(so I understood what u wrote there ^^)
I just don't know how some things are set in XSE, but I believe the tut will help? :D
Yes, from what I've seen the guide HackMew is making is very detailed. :)

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
Im addicted to the new uses of XSE, but I think i'll stick to using 0x?????? offsets instead of Dynamic, I can track where im going with that.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I tried to make a script with a different color, but it stayed at red instead of Dark Green.
What would color scripts on XSE look like?

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
How can you give pokemon through this app

How can you give pokemon, I have tried the default one for poketscript and scripted but no luck. I hope there is more coverage in this and follow me scripts in following tutorials!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Darthatron, care to add more tuts in the first page? :\

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
I tried to make a script with a different color, but it stayed at red instead of Dark Green.
What would color scripts on XSE look like?
What game are you hacking?
How can you give pokemon, I have tried the default one for poketscript and scripted but no luck. I hope there is more coverage in this and follow me scripts in following tutorials!
It's rather simple really:

The GivePokemon Command is set out like this:
Code:
Byte1 = Pokemon Number
Byte2 = Pokemon Level
Byte3 = Held Item
Byte4 = ?
Byte5 = ?
Byte6 = ?
So to make a basic script to give the Player a Level 5 Pikachu, holding a Pokeball, we would do this:
Code:
#Dynamic 0x800000

#ORG @Main
Lock
FacePlayer
GivePokemon 25 5 4 0 0 0
Release
End
Tada! :D

Satoshi-Ash

Master Chris
Years
Thanks so much. This really helps people like me with scripting using this awesome program.

I do have one question:
"#Dynamic 0x800000" would be the offset for the event, right?

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
What game are you hacking?

It's rather simple really:

The GivePokemon Command is set out like this:
Code:
Byte1 = Pokemon Number
Byte2 = Pokemon Level
Byte3 = Held Item
Byte4 = ?
Byte5 = ?
Byte6 = ?
So to make a basic script to give the Player a Level 5 Pikachu, holding a Pokeball, we would do this:
Code:
#Dynamic 0x800000

#ORG @Main
Lock
FacePlayer
GivePokemon 25 5 4 0 0 0
Release
End
Tada! :D

Dang, thanks man! :D, gonna try a script for this now!

one more thing, are flags the same as others, i have not tried, can someone confirm or show an example of how to use flags in xsc and do the same movement codes apply?

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Dang, thanks man! :D, gonna try a script for this now!

one more thing, are flags the same as others, i have not tried, can someone confirm or show an example of how to use flags in xsc and do the same movement codes apply?

Everything's same and remains unchanged, - flags will never change, they carry the same value, unless the flag base is modified..., movements also remain unchange. Other then a few, only some commands area changed, like multi, startwildbattle etc, as the more accurate parameters for the command was discovered and so changes had to be made. If you're not sure, check the command database - it should answer most of these questions.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
So according to you Zodiac something like this would work!

Code:
#Dynamic 0x800000

#ORG @Main
Lock
FacePlayer
checkflag 0x200
if b_true goto @gotit
GivePokemon 25 5 4 0 0 0
message @recieved
setflag 0x200
Release
End