• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Rafael P: Oh no. It'll be quite a while before the RP /ends/. x3

@PinkSapphire: Iiii'm not sure DragonKat would be happy with someone taking her character's pokemon actually.

@Akio: DragonKat is currently inactive without an excuse. I recommend you all move on with as little bunnying as you can manage while still, y'know, /moving on/.

Also, we use less arbitrary methods of showing respect in English~ Like shaking hands, and treating people with kindness and forgiving them for their faults. *Sagenod*

I ain't just gonna say "I respect you as an equal" repeatedly after your name. See how awkward, arbitrary, and hollow that sounds? x3

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Yellow- i know, but i ment when DragonKat goes inactive forever, like that she comes telling us that she leaves the RP, i won't adopt her Pokemon without HER permission.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
@Akio: DragonKat is currently inactive without an excuse. I recommend you all move on with as little bunnying as you can manage while still, y'know, /moving on/.

Also, we use less arbitrary methods of showing respect in English~ Like shaking hands, and treating people with kindness and forgiving them for their faults. *Sagenod*

I ain't just gonna say "I respect you as an equal" repeatedly after your name. See how awkward, arbitrary, and hollow that sounds? x3

I guess I'll have to send Kiyoko back to N and Zoroark.

XD I can actually picture someone doing that - "Oh, hello I Respect You As An Equal Akio!

Though in actuality ~san is only a name suffix that adds a polite nature as well as a respectful one. Its the equivalent of Americans calling each other "Mr." and "Ms." and "Mrs."... "Miss" "Madam" "Sir" etc.

If you went about it like that, "Mrs. Sue" would actually be "I Understand That You Are Married Or Were Previously Married Sue."

Here's the three most common name suffixes (at least mostly used in the U.S.):

~SAN
Spoiler:

~CHAN
Spoiler:

~KUN
Spoiler:

Soooo.... I suppose good enough of friends may call me Akio-kun.

Sapphire Rose

Years
CHANGES BY ROXAS JADEN ASAKURA

i found an appearence that suits him better so here's the picture:

Roxas Jaden Asakura:
Spoiler:

if yellow would change that in my SU she added to the list i would be thankful C;

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Okay so, I'm going to start having my teacher character (Megan Sandoval) begin her Grass/Bug Expertise class in her next post. So, if anyone would like to join her class, is welcome to do so! I'm having Danielle go in this as well.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
@ reader: yeah feel free to come.

@meganium: generally as a teacher you are assigned students every morning. Since todays classes have mostly concluded I think you'd be a bit late for, but obviously this is yellows call since she is the one who organizes things.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
@Akio-kun: :3 I shall call you Akio-kun from now on then! I really wish Dragonkat wouldn't go inactive.

@PS: Samething I said about Dragonkat to Akio-kun. xD Roxas' appearance looks better!

EDIT: I should be able to post again to catch a Shinx, maybe after I finish working for the day soon. First day on the job in less than an hour!

Kid Mind

In SPACE!
Years
@Meganium: My character would really like to attend Grass/Bug Expertise class, but as jasonwolf pointed out, I think you have to wait for the next day IC.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
@ reader: yeah feel free to come.

@meganium: generally as a teacher you are assigned students every morning. Since todays classes have mostly concluded I think you'd be a bit late for, but obviously this is yellows call since she is the one who organizes things.

Yeah I know it's the beginning of the day, I don't plan to post as a teacher till the next day. I'm still trying to figure out what to do next. I'll just have her explore the city a bit and maybe engage in a few practice battles with the others?

For Danielle, however, I had her reveal that she does have a class with Megan, so...guess she won't go to the class till it actually starts. xD

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Akio: ...Maybe I should call you Akio-dork~ ;D

But in all serious, I'm completely and utterly disillusioned with Japanese culture. It looks great until you consider the Yakuza /basically/ control the government, historically speaking they're just slightly more terrifying towards women than your average country, and they have the slightest track record for /racism/.

Also they accidentally an entire culture.

...There were totally several euphamisms in what I just said. @___@

But hey. Y'know what /is/ a great time to indulge in Japanese culture? When you're dealing with kanto, Johto, and people originating from them. Because they're totally based ou Japan n' stuff... This actually makes me wonder if Team Rocket was ever based on the Yakuza. Feels plausible. I'll do some research and get to you guys on that one. ;o

@PinkSapphire: Will do~

@Meganium90: We don't really choose our. own classes. I make a post in the OOC assigning them each day. That being said you can totally request a certain class and I'll consider it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Okay, that's alright! I'll just have Megan explore the island in the meantime. :D Thanks for clearing that up, Yellow. :)

Sapphire Rose

Years
Yellow- arigatou~ (thank you~) <-- you guys are talking bout japanese culture so i felt like doing that xD

SD- i know~ this look suits him more~ he look cooler now and it suits his personality toooo~

EDIT: now we are talking bout names..... If it's alright with everyone i want everyone to call me "Nami" or "Nami-chan" ...someone very special and important gave me that nickname :3 (don't go blurring the name out Akio-kun! XD)

Last edited:

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
@Meganium90: Too bad that you can't sign up for a class. In that case, I'd sign up my character Maxwell as fast as possible since he is a pretty big Bug-mainiac. He would pretty much fanboy-squeal at your teacher's Shelmet xD

@PinkSapphire(or Nami): When you say Nami, I can only think of One Piece...

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Yellow- arigatou~ (thank you~) <-- you guys are talking bout japanese culture so i felt like doing that xD

SD- i know~ this look suits him more~ he look cooler now and it suits his personality toooo~

EDIT: now we are talking bout names..... If it's alright with everyone i want everyone to call me "Nami" or "Nami-chan" ...someone very important gave me that nickname :3 (don't go blurring the name out Akio-kun! XD)

:3 I gave her the name Nami, short for Namine. Nami-chan~

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
It's team update time for Nika Valentine again. Feel free to skip over the massive post I made, but personally I (am biased) think it's decent. Gives some insight into who Nika is anyway.

Paras gained +2 levels for fighting two wild Aipom, and evolved into Parasect. No new moves were learned. Team is as follows;

Species: Joltik (Female)
Nickname: Spider
Personality: Spider is a quirky and highly curious individual, fascinated by the oddest of things and very happy to see new people, pokemon or places.
Lvl: 25
Moves: Spider Web, Thunder Wave, Screech, Fury Cutter, Electroweb, Bug Bite
Ability: Compound Eyes

Species: Larvesta (Female)
Nickname: Eve
Personality: A very caring and affectionate pokemon, Eve enjoys cuddling up to Nika, and even other pokemon and trainers.
Lvl: 21
Moves: Ember, String Shot, Leech Life, Take Down
Ability: Flame Body

Species: Shelmet (Male)
Nickname: Sage
Personality: Sage is a very grumpy pokemon, often clamping its shell/helmet closed when bothered by anything.
Lvl: 22
Moves: Leech Life, Acid, Bide, Curse, Struggle Bug, Mega Drain
Ability: Shell Armour

Species: Parasect (Female)
Nickname: n/a
Personality: Parasect is generally docile, or perhaps just lazy, preferring to settle down in a dark damp spot than engage in too much activity.
Lvl: 24
Moves: Leech Seed, Metal Claw, Psybeam, Stun Spore, Fury Cutter, Spore
Ability: Dry Skin

Species: Mystery Egg!
Nickname: Egg
Personality: It's an egg.
Lvl: It's an egg!
Moves: ...It's an egg.
Ability: Egg egg

Sapphire Rose

Years
Mr.mamooth- not from one piece xD it's short for Naminé :p

ShinyDiamond- ....i tell Akio-kun not to shout out your name because i added "special and important" and you actually do it yourself? XD ... I dont get you sometimes~ :3

Sapphire Rose

Years
SD- :I read my last post back... It said "someone very special and important gave me that nickname" .... XD i told akio-kun not to blurr your name out and you're like "i gave her that nickname :3" LOL uhmm xD let's talk futher in the inbox of facebook.........

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
now we are talking bout names..... If it's alright with everyone i want everyone to call me "Nami" or "Nami-chan" ...someone very special and important gave me that nickname :3 (don't go blurring the name out Akio-kun! XD)

It's ShinyDiamond, he's the one who--

Aw, damn. Guess I was too late... Meh. I was too busy working on the longest post I've ever written (linked in my Sig).

Pkmn Trainer Butthead

Proto (Not the *****)
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
After talking with Yellow, I am attempting to re-join this RP with my old character, which was the first non-GM SU to be posted in PTA (Not to toot my own horn), anyways, Yellow, if you want me to change anything, let me know.
Name: Dr. Jonas Applewood

Nickname: His students are to refer him as Dr.Applewood

Dorm Allegiance: Suicune Dorm

Job: Dr. Applewood mainly teaches Pokemon Mythology, but also teaches a class about Items and their uses.

Appearance: Since a picture is worth a thousand words
gentlemanedit.png

Personality:
Dr. Applewood is cold,stern and emotionless. Most see Dr.Applewood as a lifeless person. Dr. Applewood cares deeply
about his studies. Although many may not know it, Dr.Applewood wishes the best for his students. Dr.Applewood is
quick to judge and is very quiet around large groups of people. His students all say he is heartless and evil. In other
words, he is your average teacher.

History:
Dr. Jonas Applewood was born in Cerulean City,Kanto. From an early age, Jonas took an interest in Pokemon Mythology. Jonas would research whatever he could on the subject and quite the knowledge on the subject. Jonas would go through school earning fantastic marks during the process. After graduating from Cerulean City High School, Jonas was accepted into Mossdeep University in Hoenn. During Jonas' time in Hoenn, he studied the legends of Hoenn and the so called " Legendary Pokemon" associated with them. Jonas spent seven years at Mossdeep University, earning a Doctorate in Archeology. After University, Jonas was hired at the Pewter City Museum. Jonas was a archeologist for the Museum, collecting multiple pieces of important data on "Legendary Pokemon". Jonas was Professor Oak's personal guide when it comes to Pokemon Legends. When Oak opened up the Academy, Professor Oak called on Dr.Applewood to teach.

Pokémon (Up to 4 Maximum No Legendaries or Shinies):

Sprite__Umbreon_by_Harudo.gif

Species: Umbreon
Personality: Umbreon is very shy and quiet, but very loyal.
Lvl: 45
Moveset:
Bite-Double Team
Dark Pulse-Faint Attack
Quick Attack-Water Pulse

48278.gif

Species: Blastoise
Personality: Blastoise is very headstrong. Blastoise is always ready for a Challenge to prove itself.
Lvl: 49
Moveset:
Bite-Ice Beam
Aqua Tail-Flash Cannon
Outrage-Protect

th_PokeSprite-Yanmega.png

Species: Yanmega
Personality: The best way to describe Yanmega would be silent but deadly.
Lvl: 47
Moveset:
Bug Bite-Ancient Power
Detect-Sunny Day
Solarbeam-Shadow Ball.

(Lol, what a noob SU.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back