• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
@LawOfTheLand: Just don't let Jonah see Thyme and Brian bickering. :D

@Selenastar: You do realise what you've done now, right? XD Brian is so confused.

@Pokepokemo: Talk to the guy in the bright purple suit with bright red hair tied up in a ponytail. You will not be disappointed, I promise you. XD

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
Years
@Nideous: Ok, Let's try and see

Also,Can I control 2 people at once, I mean making another character for my RP?

Last edited:

Nideous

Years
According to the rules, you can control up to three people at once. Two students and one teacher. That's why several of us are using two people, like me with Bri and Quin. XD So... Yes, you can make another SU and hope it gets accepted. :D

Also, I'll update my teams for Quin and Bri after everyone is back at the academy. :D

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Nideous is correct. You can have up to 2 students and 1 teacher, and you must apply for each one individually. Controlling NPCs is unlimited, though. Except for Gary Oak and the champions, which have restrictions on them. (Mostly about getting permission)

Also, there was some confusion wherein I was unable to get (or remember getting anyway @_@) a second opinion on recent apps, causing a delay. Sorry about that. However, delays have gone on long enough. Therefore, I'm not waiting this time around. |D

Bassiroth's new student is approved
Aura Rift's Burgh is approved
Genevieve's new student is approved

Dawn

Years
Well... alright, but you best know that Gary is normally strictly GM only, which means you should not take many liberties when using him.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Of course don't worry, I'll make sure I keep him in proper character

Edit: Just realised but the IC thread is exactly 100 pages over the OOC thread, lol just wanted to mention that.

Last edited:

Nideous

Years
Really? That's pretty cool. :D

Also, I've been hinting in the IC thread that Brian is going to turn eleven soon. XD So, I was thinking that his parents and brother would send him a few presents. Here's what I had in mind: a few TMs, an Everstone, and a level 5 Eevee. Would that be cool? Or is that not ok? I just wanted to check and be sure before actually, you know, doing it.

Dawn

Years
@Aura Rift: Yeah. If you notice, the IC thread's first post was made by Jackblaze, the old GM who left the site. It wasn't remade because there was no need, but we had to remake the OOC thread in order for Megaman765 and I, the new GMs, to be able to update the main page. |D

Everybody likes the changes I've made, right? oAo; (For comparison: Here is the original thread)

On another note, I'd like people's opinion. I've been thinking about who I want to take up as a teacher. I know Bassiroth would love it if I brought Hilda in, and I certainly wouldn't mind. Yet, I've gotten mixed responses on that. She'd come paired with a new class that some might find interesting. (Vigilante efforts class. Everyday students would be lead on 'missions' to help others around the island, usually with things that require the use of pokemon.)

What do you guys think?

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
Well, apart from Jonah continuing to be the Socially Awkward Penguin (he'd rather take notes of Maria talking with Xavier than break up a fight!), the first question would naturally have to be Hilda's age by this time. Granted, BW did make the boxart of the protagonists make them look a few years older, a nod to the fact that the early adopters would likely be the ones that got into it and never really got out. Still, I have to wonder how long it's been since the events in Unova (and what Alder's doing with his life).

The second would be the legality of the class in general. Being a vigilante is one thing. Teaching others to do the same thing in broad daylight just doesn't sound like a very good idea. On one level, the game plots wouldn't work without this motif of heroic intervention, but on another level, Giovanni's words before the Silph Co. battle come to mind. "Keep your nose out of grown-up affairs, or experience a world of pain!" (As long as we're on about Silph, the original method of entry had you sneak past the guard while he was taking a nap...wouldn't that technically amount to breaking and entering, especially with you running around with a Card Key? And don't get me started on all the loot in that place!)

Still, I imagine the general experts will be very specific about what Hilda will be allowed to teach in that class, most of which could be summed up as "Run to the authorities if you can, but here's what you do if you can't." It would be much like how to protect yourself against violent crimes such as carjacking, I would imagine.

(Sorry for inactivity, getting my ass handed to me on the sims.)

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
@LawOfTheLand: Socially Awkward Penguin? Don't you mean Socially Awkward Piplup? Sorry, I HAD to make that joke. I know, its not like I have anything better to do with my life T^T

Anyhoo, I think vigilante-class sounds like a pretty interesting idea, you would be kinda like a pokemon-ranger and stuff. Which is nice and dandy, atleast in my opinion, but what do I know?

Nideous

Years
I wouldn't mind that class. Just don't expect Brian to be very thrilled about it. XD Quin would love it though. :D

Anyways, no one answered my question yesterday...

Dawn

Years
the first question would naturally have to be Hilda's age by this time. Granted, BW did make the boxart of the protagonists make them look a few years older, a nod to the fact that the early adopters would likely be the ones that got into it and never really got out. Still, I have to wonder how long it's been since the events in Unova (and what Alder's doing with his life).

A minimum of "a few years" have passed. This is honestly directly to prevent canon characters from becoming students, which would be a breeding ground for problems in and of itself. So yeah. I would probably play Hilda as being a young adult, (18-20?) and she would probably be an intern of sorts, sort of like N. (The exact time that has passed is not otherwise important, is why I don't care to define exactly how long it has been.)

The second would be the legality of the class in general. Being a vigilante is one thing. Teaching others to do the same thing in broad daylight just doesn't sound like a very good idea. On one level, the game plots wouldn't work without this motif of heroic intervention, but on another level, Giovanni's words before the Silph Co. battle come to mind. "Keep your nose out of grown-up affairs, or experience a world of pain!"

Well, first of all, the canonities of Gen 1-4 are not in play in this roleplay. The anime's canonity is. (Black/White's canonity was acknowledged here, so it alone is canon here. Yes, that's very weird, but the anime's Gen 5 saga is far from complete enough to comfortably use anyway, and the manga's canonity conflicts way too much with the anime's to be used.)

Second of all, let's be honest. If laws about vigilante justice applied in pokemon our favorite heroes would've been in jail a looong time ago. |D

Anyhoo, I think vigilante-class sounds like a pretty interesting idea, you would be kinda like a pokemon-ranger and stuff. Which is nice and dandy, atleast in my opinion, but what do I know?

I wouldn't make that comparison no. ^_^; I'd more make a comparison to the Mystery Dungeon games. Only, y'know, with pokemon trainers.

I wouldn't mind that class. Just don't expect Brian to be very thrilled about it. XD Quin would love it though. :D

Anyways, no one answered my question yesterday...

Aaaah, I'm sorry. The answer is yes, you can go ahead with that. c:

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
@Aura Rift: Yeah. If you notice, the IC thread's first post was made by Jackblaze, the old GM who left the site. It wasn't remade because there was no need, but we had to remake the OOC thread in order for Megaman765 and I, the new GMs, to be able to update the main page. |D

Everybody likes the changes I've made, right? oAo; (For comparison: Here is the original thread)

On another note, I'd like people's opinion. I've been thinking about who I want to take up as a teacher. I know Bassiroth would love it if I brought Hilda in, and I certainly wouldn't mind. Yet, I've gotten mixed responses on that. She'd come paired with a new class that some might find interesting. (Vigilante efforts class. Everyday students would be lead on 'missions' to help others around the island, usually with things that require the use of pokemon.)

What do you guys think?

I kind of agree with mr. mammoth. it hints at Rangers in the idea the trainer uses a pokemon to complete tasks. This would be perfect for Isaac since his father was a ranger and all that. I would like to add that it might work better as a club.

EDIT: I'd also like to apologize for my lack of activity, but I did say before that'd I'd be keeping to a bear minimum until we got back to school.

along with that I was just wondering about the dorm rooms, the specific ones where the students sleep. Are they one or two students per room? what are the furnishings? any SCHOOL restrictions on what students can do with the rooms? I find rooms can really reflect on a character and thusly want to know what I can do with mine once the field trip ends.

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
That's ... very vague, and I'd just like to throw it out there that the reason I'm avoiding that comparison is because I don't want anyone getting any ideas that it's going to work anything like how pokemon ranger works.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
sry... just got home from school my brain is still fried. I'll assume its all very vague to you then. allow me to try again.

the concept of a trainer using their pokemon for assorted tasks outside of battle reminds me of ranger because the two uses of pokemon in that game series is to capture other pokemon or to move the player along through the game world. I do realize that it would be trainers who are using their own pokemon, and not randomly catching new ones or any of that kind of Ranger content, but usually pokemon are just for battling otherwise (well mainly). My point with Isaac's father is that Isaac has gotten plenty of experience in the field (both trainer and ranger) and that allows him to do very well in adverse scenarios. If I recall correctly Isaac's main personality is a planner and that he always needs a plan when going into something, this kind of class would allow Isaac to exel since he is good at variable tactics.

or were you confused by the EDIT?

Dawn

Years
@Jasonwolf: Heeey, it's all cool. It's the people who have no intention of improving in their activity in the near future that get on my nerves. I could rant about that but I'll save that for whenever I write a guide on roleplayer etiquette.

Students either get individual rooms or share with one other person. Students may also do whatever they want to their rooms. The only exception being if that something is dangerous and they get caught they could get in trouble. So yeah. People can bring furniture, wallpaper, /etcetera/. Damaging the room would be considered dangerous, if that wasn't clear, on the other hand.

Also, I get your point, though honestly in all incarnations of pokemon they do a lot more than battle. From moving heavy things to saving people in danger to cooking and cleaning pokemon have been shown to do whatever they're trained to. Battling just happens to be an extremely popular form of training them. In all seriousness though. The "class" would be based on the mystery dungeon games. I honestly meant to say "club" the first time around but I derp'd. So yeah, it would be completely elective. Local authorities would be the ones delegating the missions, so they'd never be something dangerous enough that the teacher wouldn't be able to handle it.

Basically? This class makes sense in the context of Gary's hidden motive for the academy. (Read the plot spoiler on the first page.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back