• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My team post pokemon league gameplay

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2013
So this is my Black 2 Team...let me know how it is, I'm currently trying to defeat the Black Tower (Area 2 now)

*Note some pokemon know HM moves, this is just a game play team

1. Samurott- Obtained as starter
Level 76
Moves-
-Surf-
-Aqua Tail-
-Slash-
-X-scissor-

2. Lucario- Obtained as a Riolu at Flocessy Ranch
Level 75
Moves-
-Aura Sphere-
-Close Combat-
-Dragon Pulse-
-Strength-

3. Zoroark- Obtained N's at Driftveil city
Level 75
Moves-
-Shadow Ball-
-Night Daze-
-Night Slash-
-Flamethrower-

4. Chandelure- Obtained Litwick at Celestial Tower
Level 75
Moves-
-Shadow Ball-
-Flame Burst-
-Flamethrower-
-Psychic-

5. Haxorus- Obtained Axew at Mistralton Cave
Level 72
Moves-
-Dragon Dance-
-Slash-
-X-Scissor-
-Dragon Claw-

6. Archeops- Obtained as Plume Fossil at Narcrene City
Level 70
Moves-
-U-turn-
-Fly-
-Acrobatics-
-Dragon Claw

Thoughts? All advice would be nice? How is this team on a scale from 1-10? Any replacements that would be good? I feel right now that Haxorus is the weak link, but I'm open to other differences.

Thanks everyone,

-Jakey

(Jakey Jakey hands on snakeyyyyy!)

ShiningLust

Gym Leader of Ground Oden
Years
everything looks ok but the Lucario you need to get rid of strength and put magnetic raise ( I think that's what its called) but what it does it makes it where he doesn't get hit by any Ground attacks

Zekrom1066

Master of Ideals
Years
You should remove Flame Burst from Chandelure and give it Energy Ball instead, to eliminate Water, Rock and Ground type Pokemon which give it trouble.

Years
Your team is looking alright I have to say, but maybe your movesets need a bit of work on.

For Samurott, in a mixed attacking role I assume, Slash isn't all that great. I'd go with Ice Beam over Slash so you have some extra type coverage in its set.

Strength isn't really needed a lot in the post-game, and remember Lucario has a wide movepool so take advantage of it. It may have a little higher Special Attack, but because this is an in-game team and not competitive a mixed set is alright on it. ThunderPunch could be a nice move to put on it, and you get that from Driftveil City's move tutor.

Zoroark doesn't need to run both Shadow Ball and Night Daze at the same time. Ghost moves are redundant with Dark on the same set. Since it's Dark-type, I advise keeping Night Daze over Shadow Ball. Also, it has higher Special Attack, but it's movepool is shallow so do have little options. Although Foul Play, obtained from the move tutor in Lentimas Town is a good way to catch most physical attackers off-guard since it calculates their Attack stat when doing damage.

Chandelure has some good coverage in its moveset already, replacing Flame Burst with Energy Ball does make it have a counter to most of its weaknesses so I think Zekrom made a good choice with that. 3 of the types Chandy is weak against have Grass weaknesses so it can be beneficial to it. Keep Flamethrower since it hits harder than Flame Burst.

Earthquake can be a good option for Haxorus so it can get some type coverage that runs off its high Attack stat. Plus a Ground move is always handy to have.

And finally Archeops, it hasn't got any Rock STAB moves right now, since Haxorus already has Dragon Claw, I advise replacing that with Rock Slide or even Stone Edge.

I hope that my advice was helpful.

Back