• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Standing At the Gate - M Gengar EX 35/119 Phantom Forces

Years
This week's card of the week is M Gengar EX!

XY4_EN_35.png

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/xy-series/xy4/35/

Rate, comment, discuss, etc!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Ya know, I REALLY wanted to love this card. I'm no a fan of Gengar in the video games or show, but I REALLY wanted to like his TCG version, but I can't do it. Using and opponent's attack as your own, to me, is a little too situational. Mind you, it's great if the situation is in your favor, like if they have Mewtwo EX out and haven't utterly destroyed you yet, you could destroy them. Beyond that, I just can't seeing it being too beautiful. The artwork is beautiful, but for me, its one and only attack is not.

Years
Unfortunately, due to the effort to set him up, I think he's about as bad as you say.

With less effort or a lesser penalty to set him up, he'd probably see regular play like Zoroark did, as an attack like that is pretty useful.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I couldn't wait to play this card, couldn't wait to base a deck around it. But after using it a few times I just couldn't get into it. Depending on who the other pokemon in play is, it could be useless at times.

Back