• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What part annoyed you the most in R/B/Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamzee

light my fire
Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2012
in Yellow, having to defeat Brock.

serious pain in the ass.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
wrap. or bind any of those attack that made you useless for 5 rounds...
I hate that too.

I also don't like the limited number of items you can store in both your bag and PC. It's annoying that key items especially ones that you only use once can make your bag full.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Not being able to press A on a bush, rock, or water and be asked if I want to cut/strength/surf, and instead having to go into the menu each time.

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
Not being able to run. When I first got pokemon Blue, I didn't think about it really, but after playing a lot of the newer games, especially HeartGold where you could just set it to always run. Now that I am replaying pokemon Blue through an emulator on my iPod, it really bugs me that I cant run at all.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Some of the broken moves (WRAP!) and Articuno. Thing was a bugger to reach and an even tougher bugger to catch. Took me a good number of attempts to get it caught.

Also, the small bag with everything in the one pocket. That thing got annoying to navigate very quickly!

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
legendaries....

you missed the pokemon you missed the pokemon!!!

ITS SO ANNOYING CUZ I HAVE SPENT like 50 ULTRA 10 GREAT and 16 POKE BALLS JUST TO CATCH A LEVEL 7 MEW WITH A VERY LOW HP!!!

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2012
The fact that there weren't any convenient fighting type moves in that game, (unless you had Hitmonlee), or bug type moves in those games always really annoyed me. Especially when they incorporated a bunch of cool moves of those types in newer games.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
The cave to Lavender town. The first time I played through the game, I didn't get Flash, and I went through the cave without flash.

...that's pretty impressive, though, thinking about it... XD

Years
I despise having to rescue Silph from Team Rocket in Saffron City. I always forget how to get the stupid Lift Key, and there are so many useful items. But my pack is usually filled up by the time I enter the building.

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2012
In Yellow, Brock annoyed me.

He annoyed me so much, that I traded my game for Mystery Dungeon.

wilso

Grass Master
Years
wat annoies me is that u dont get fly eairly thast a good thing i have the good old trading cord and still works =P

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
Years
Catching a friggin' Chansey was always a pain in the butt.
Not only was it extremely rare, you couldn't battle it with pokemon, it would flee after one turn, and half the time the dang safari ball would miss it anyway.
I never caught one in the original games, my first Chansey was in Silver I believe.

Others:
- beating Brock with Charmander/Pikachu
- Rock Tunnel without Flash
- trying to catch Mewtwo after using the Masterball on something inconsequential
- Seafoam Islands puzzle
- Not being able to fly straight to the entrance of Victory Road if you faint inside
- S.S. Anne sailing away forever
- 9999 coins for Porygon, I mean wtf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Mt. Moon. No questions asked. GO AWAY YOU STUPID ZUBATS. ;; I've always had a deep hatred for Mt. Moon as my beloved Pikachu was brutally killed there by a rouge Geodude on my first ever run through on Yellow. This actually made me cry. (I was like 6 btw xD) But yeah, I've always hated Mt. Moon because it's such a long drawn out place with nothing interesting inside of it bar a fossil and I think you have to waste a space on having Flash and you get constantly assaulted by Zubats and ugh! Not a happy place for me. x]

Zythrone

The One And Only!
Years
Not sure, its been a while since I last played them...

Although, after being harassed by warps for a while then being forced to fight my rival for no real reason was kinda annoying.

Noel Kreiss

The Last Hunter
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2012
Mt. Moon + Zubats = Annoyance

Digletts Cave + Digletts = Annoyance

But if you add them with Repels, you're all set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back