• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No$GBA Vs. Desmume

No$gba Vs. Desmume

• No$GBA

Votes: 284 45.2%
  • Desmume

Votes: 345 54.8%

• Total voters

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
Late- Check the DeSMuMe faq. I made it 200% faster.
I choose depending on the game.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
My PC is 3GHz, 4GB RAM, 1GB Video Card... I dunno what else to add, I'm using the latest build, 0.9.6.

Kamigoroshi

Moemon Hunter
Years
Desmume 0.9.6 hands down. If you know how to configurate the settings fitting to your needs then nothing can surpass this emulator.

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
DeSMuMe has a fake wifi plugin, but the developers actually managed to access GTS (Global Trading Station).

Years
how some of u people get pokemon white/black to work on desume, i'm jealous the games are very very slow on desume, and I can't even access the menu or save on desume with the new pokemon games, and save state does not work on desume cuz when i try to load a game there was a error.

No$Gba is fast and I so wished you could save with n0$gba, though i had the same problem of not even able to access the menu with white/black.

but I vote for no$gba cuz it runs fast for the games u can play on it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
No Desmume doesnt support Wi-Fi.

Um yes it does well one build of it does any way (Well it supports Nintendo WFC anyway)

I don't why people have problems with Desmume, I run it fine all the games I tried run at full speed (sometimes there is lag but thats to be expected) I don't admin privileges to use any features or anything like that. Now don't get me wrong No$ is good I have used for many happy years but I rarely use it now because it has crashed on several times and some games I have tried on it just don't work or crash on me (mind this could be because of my settings). But to me personally I would say Desmume but No$ is also a very good emulator.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
how some of u people get pokemon white/black to work on desume, i'm jealous the games are very very slow on desume, and I can't even access the menu or save on desume with the new pokemon games, and save state does not work on desume cuz when i try to load a game there was a error.
DeSmuME 0.9.6 is your answer for not working save states ;)

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Yeah DeSmuME is way better these days imo. If you have a decent enough computer to run it and configure it right it'll play perfectly (Although I use a Cyclo and SCDS2 for my DS and GBA needs).

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Yeah DeSmuME is way better these days imo. If you have a decent enough computer to run it and configure it right it'll play perfectly (Although I use a Cyclo and SCDS2 for my DS and GBA needs).

Mainly the fact that DeSmuME can run better on a computer when you have the 3D settings set to Softrasterizer. If it's set on OpenGL and your computer has a low processor or graphics card... then that option surely will make the Emulator run slow. To avoid it from happening on an old computer, switch it to Softrasterizer.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2011
i don't like the No$GBA. it sucks. I was spend a long time to play some games, that need a automatic save on the begin... and it never works in No$GBA. I tryed DesMume, it's better, but the saving option is badand the link option doesn't exists.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
NO$GBA is amazing. I use it, and it works perfectly, especially for the Pokemon games. Whenever I use DeSmume, it's always so slow and sometimes glitchy, depending on the game.

Pingouin_7

And yes, I've tested it and was able to download the event Kumashun that's being distributed over Wi-Fi for Black/White.

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2011
IMO DeSmuME is better because you can do state saving no matter where you are it has helped me a lot

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2016
Desmume, without a doubt. No$gba is simply obsolete now, and I don't know why anyone still uses it. The amount of crashing and glitching I get on HGSS with it is mindnumbing, but runs perfectly on Desmume, same with Black/White. Oh and one last thing: savestates. That is all. :)

Last edited:
Back