• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Randomized Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
UPDATES!
I am a boring writer so I included screenies xD

Spoiler:

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Current Team:
106.gif
Bruce the Mild Hitmonlee (Level 14) (Jump kick, Double Kick, Meditate, Rolling Kick)
430.gif
Sarah the Quiet Honchkrow (Level 16) (Wing Attack, Pursuit, Astonish, Haze)
402.gif
Cassy the Naive Kricketune (Level 12) (Growl, Bide, Return)
462.gif
Tinker the Adamant Magnezone (Level 11) (Metal Sound, Thundershock, Tackle, Supersonic)

Boxed Pokemon:
39.png
177.png
41.png

Deaths:

Badges: 1/8
40px-Coal_Badge.png

Elite Four/Champion Defeated: 0/5

_____________________________________UPDATE 1 9:42PM 02/06/2013________________________________________________________
Got my first pokemon which was a Hitmonlee, I had the choice of a Driftblim, Hitmonlee and Sunflora. I named my Hitmonlee Bruce and I have just collected my pokedex from Prof.Rowan :D
Spoiler:

_____________________________________UPDATE 2 9:52PM 02/06/2013________________________________________________________
Caught a Honchkrow on Route 202 and named her Sarah! :D
Spoiler:

_____________________________________UPDATE 3 10:02PM 03/06/2013________________________________________________________
Just beat Bass on Route 203, got 2 new pokemon in the team a Natu on Route 218 and a Kricketune on route 204.
Spoiler:

_____________________________________UPDATE 4 9:58PM 04/06/2013________________________________________________________
Just beat the first gym, I have current 6 pokemon in total, however 3 of them, Cuddles the Jigglypuff, Karma the Natu and Occak the Zubat are all boxed.
Spoiler:

_____________________________________UPDATE 5 10:27AM 05/06/2013________________________________________________________
Just caught the one pokemon I was so hoping to get! :D
Spoiler:

_____________________________________UPDATE 6 4:12PM 05/06/2013________________________________________________________
Just beat Team Galactic Commander Mars and her pokemon were ever so easy to defeat, after I cleared them out I was thanked by the scientist and his little daughter. Upon leaving the Windworks Looker decided to pay me a visit as he had a tip off about team Galactic, but unfortunately for him I had already defeated them all!
Spoiler:

Last edited:

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
I'd like to join in on the fun!

Name: Jespoke
Game: Emerald
Optional rules:

• You must nickname all of your Pokemon.
  • You must change the battle style to SET.
  • You may not use/catch legendary Pokémon.
  • Blackout = Game Over
I have the randomizer set to

- Random starter
- Random wild (No legendaries) (Minimum catch rate)
- Random trainers
- Random static pokemon
- Remove trade evolution
- And random abilities for the heck of it :P (No wonder guard)

Edit: First update:

I write this as i am playing the game

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Dead:
Spoiler:

Box:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
Years
I have been wanting to do a nuzlocke for a long time, and this whole randomized thing sounds awesome :D

Count me in:
Username: daniehej
Game: Crystal

Settings:
Random starter
Random trainer names and pokemon, but rival keeps starter through the game
Totally random wild pokés, including legendaries
Static pokés are totally random
Tm moves and move tutors are random
Held items are random

And also remove trade evolutions, as they're just horrible.

Bring it on :D

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
Years
I am going to put my Platinum Nuzlocke on hold for the moment and go for a Ruby randomizer with everything randomized, Going to be epic! :D

I'm looking forward to reading your progress, the way you present it makes me enjoy reading your posts :) Keep up the challenges.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
I'm looking forward to reading your progress, the way you present it makes me enjoy reading your posts :) Keep up the challenges.

I actually decided against the Ruby Random Madness until I finish Platinum, I feel like I will lose interest in Platinum if I shy away, So I will do that before the Madness :D.

Thanks for the support of how I layout my Challenges! I did feel the 39 updates for leaf green was abit too long but some people seemed to like it :D

Last edited:

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
Years
Progress update:

I decided to do a Log style ...well log, but with lots of sprites and a few screenshots in between. But as I take far too many screenshots, I decided to also do a kind of pictures in a spoiler as picture documentation and also for those who like to follow just the pictures, (a picture says more than a thousand words, they say) But anyways, please give your feedback on my layout, as I would like to improve it as much as I possibly can.

So, let's get started on this awesome challenge.
I named myself Hy
Kris_OD.png
because the older games surprisingly lack the ability to name your Pokés with numbers. Also, the " which I would have used in 4"4Hy is not there even though it clearly is present in the character tileset.

The starters available are:
GOceTYn.png
kYJzX6D.png
dkGPSkb.png

I chose Chansey
Spr_2c_113.gif
and named it Missingno. to sort of keep within my theme.
Spoiler:

Team:

Spr_2c_113.gif

Missingno., Chansey
Level 19
Pound, Doubleslap, Tail Whip, Softboiled (life saver lol)

Spr_2c_031.gif

PokeNido, Nidoqueen
Level 17
Tackle, Scratch, Double Kick, Tail Whip

Spr_2c_186.gif

Toad, Politoed
Level 20
Water Gun, Hypnosis, Doubleslap, Perish Song (saved me once, see screenshots)

Spr_2c_018.gif

Birdo, Pidgeot
Level 14
Tackle, Sand Attack, Gust (very useful), Quick Attack

Spr_2c_171.gif

Lightning, Lanturn
Level 13
Bubble, Thunder Wave, Supersonic, Flail

In Box:

Ani060MS.png
Ani121MS.png
Ani012MS.png

Dead:

Spr_2c_136.gif

Photo Documentation
Spoiler:

Umm... maybe I should include spoilers? my post seems a little overwhelming...

EDIT: added spoilers in order to not destroy the whole thread... lol

Last edited:

jespoke

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
Emerald: Update 2

Thanks to my friend and classmate H. Heron for nickname suggestions for this session

Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Dead:
Spoiler:

Box:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
I lost most of my screenies, but here are some updates :D
-After the first gym, I retrieved Kyogre because of the overwhelming amount of legendaries in random Trainers. Caught a Lombre at Route 3, Caught a Vileplume at Mt. Moon.
-Caught a Kabuto at Route 4, Defeated Bridge Trainers and Gary and Cerulean Gym, wasted Suicune Encounter at Route 24, Caught a Trapinch at Rt. 25
-Caught a Bagon at Route 5, Bagon died at Rt. 24 :( (stupid Pinecos)
-Caught a Nidorina at Rt 6. Saved there.

My team so far, Leia the Trapinch, Kyojin the Kyogre, Crad the Cradily, Tropico the Tropius, Solera the Starmie (starter), and Rena the Nidorina.

I am so sorry Baygon (Bagon's nickname), I failed to make your dreams of flying come true :(

Leia shall continue your dream, and may you rest in peace :(

jespoke

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
Final update already!
Spoiler:

Final Team:
Le Blanc lv 52 E4 MVP, Overall MVP
pkrs367.gif
R.I.P.
Flamthrower, Faint Attack, Overheat
"It was really sad that he had to die in the last battle; Not because it was a hard fight but because of extreme unluck"

Lulu lv 51 Hoenn MVP, Close call
pkrs329.gif

Thunderbolt, Strength, Thunderpunch, Thunderwave
"Fell of extremely for the final bit, but she had already fulfilled her job, solo-carrying the team twice."

John lv. 53 E4 co-MVP
pkrs289.gif

Surf, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Blizzard
"When the tides got tougher towards the end, this guy finally shone through. And boy did he shine, facetanking an Explosion and soloing a E4 member"

Malady lv. 51
pkrs035.gif

Brick Break, Sludge Bomb, Double Edge, Leech Seed
"I had high hopes for this guy, which he fell quite a bit short of. He was simply too fragile for a Nuzlocke. He was one of the 3 E4 fighters though, if only for his water resistance."

Maou lv 51
pkrs189.gif

Dragonbreath, Fly, Flamethrower, Headbutt
"I was thinking of maybe training up another team-member, and then BAM!: Wild lv 37 Salamence i was allowed to catch! If i had grinded the team just 3-4 levels less he would have totally saved the day in the E4"

Drazili lv 55 Ultimate plan B
pkrs304.gif

Earthquake, Aerial Ace, Surf, Safeguard
"Never participated in a real battle. Exp Share trained for half the game, so he would eventually be a powerhouse in the E4, but i overgrinded the rest of the team a bit, so he was never needed"

Dead:
Spoiler:

Box:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
Seems fun!

Name: kosuke
Game: Soul Silver
Optional rules:
nickname rule
black out = game over
only use pokeballs
no catching legendaries

Randomizer:
random starters
random trainers pokemon
random wild
completely random static pokemon
random tm hm and move tutors

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2016
Username: MrTheMikoliny
Game: Pokemon FireRed
Optional Rules:
Must nickname all pokemon
(I'll be posting pictures along my way)

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2015
Username: Enestor
Game: Heartgold

Rules:
You must nickname all your pokemon
A black out is a "game over"

Note: I could find a randomizer to randomize starters but other than that it'll be all legit (I chose Totodile if anybody was wondering :D)

After one intense session, that was sped up, I was able to make some good progress

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Seems interesting, I think I'll try this.

Username: Nyeseth

Optional Rules:
Must Nickname all pokemon
I don't have a lot of experience drawing comics.... so I'll just post updates (That's okay right?)

Also, just a question, The togepi egg, do I count that for where it hatches? or where i first get it as a hatchable egg?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2015
Seems interesting, I think I'll try this.

Username: Nyeseth

Optional Rules:
Must Nickname all pokemon
I don't have a lot of experience drawing comics.... so I'll just post updates (That's okay right?)

Also, just a question, The togepi egg, do I count that for where it hatches? or where i first get it as a hatchable egg?

Good luck with that bro. It's okay just to post updates you can either take screenshots of progress or just write what's been going on, anything notable like a death or gym leader win should definitely be written. And for the Togepi egg, I personally just assume where it hatches as the place of the encounter, but honestly I like the randomness of the wild pokemon so much, that I just box the egg. GOOD LUCK;)

Just a quick session for today :P

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Just got a chance to start it mine on Pearl. Random starters were: Abra, Gible, and Swinub. I choice Gible (Joelle) which has the Quick Feet ability. After getting some pokeballs I went to the very first route and encountered a wild Staraptor (Starr) with Technician (hell yeah!).

I am off to a good start as once Joelle gets Dragon Rage and with the pure might of Staraptor with STAB-Technician-boosted Wing Attack I'll be set for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back