• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Eye of the Dragons (Dragon Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Name: Iloveeevee

Your Trainer Sprite: Lance

2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family): Salamence, Gyrados

Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: Dragons are my favorite types to battle with, especially Salamence and Dragonite. Give them a couple of boosts and then Outrage to destroy anything and everything. Raging Mence has literally saved me many times from utter defeat and it is one of my ultimate favorite mons. :)

Answer Current Topic: Dragons usually have scale, rough skin. Which Dragon Pokemon do you think does NOT have a scale, rough skin?

I would think that Latios and Latias would have scales since they remind me of true dragons and I can't imagine them having fur or anything else. Tbh I would think every Dragon Pokemon would have scales. Therefor my opinion is all of the Dragon Pokemon would have scales. One exception might be Altaria since it does have fluffy cotton covering most of its body.

Reactions: EB

Halcyon

peace and serenity
Years
If that's the case, how do you feel that Iris has taken the Dragon Champion role instead of Drayden, who could had possibly been even scarier & maybe even more threatening?

I would still prefer Iris to be the champion instead of Drayden. I'd rather see a fresh new take on champions, rather than the same, old, scary champion routine. And it shows that even a cute young girl can be a champion too. Besides, the battle against the champion in BW is apparently showed to be light and friendly.

Also, Drayden is the mayor of Opelucid City. Someone needs to take care of the people there. :P (Iris is kind of like the wild child so I don't think she would want to do that. XD)

So with Dragons been known as possibly only with this type of skin, do you think Lati@s, Reshiram & Altaria are somewhat rip-offs for the Dragon race? Or are they good examples to show that Dragons can come in different style for the better?

I don't think dragons should be defined into a scaly-skin stereotype. I see them as a different type of dragons.

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
I personally am very happy to have a second female champion, and very happy to have a second child champion. I'm extremely interested in seeing how they play that card in-game come a month from now. I sure hope they give Iris some proper development and character, like they did Cynthia, and I hearnestly hope they try to incorporate some of the things they did with Green in RBY with her by making her a recurring battler even before she becomes champion.

I also agree with Halycon. Latias and the like are part of what define dragons, not rip-offs. From the scaley, to the feather, to the smooth-skins, dragons are defined by their power more than anything else.

mewmasterify

Actual Mew
Years
Name:mewmasterify
your trainer Sprite: Lance
2 partner Pokemon: Chompy the Garchomp and
Draco the Charizard.

Why have you chosen to be Dragon Tamer : My Favourite Type is Dragon because they have been given Gifted Power like "420 Atk"

Answer current topic: I think its Fair Iris should be Champion because Mostly The Boys were Champions.

I don't think Reshiram,Latias,and Altaria are Rip offs because They are actually Dragons that can focus on Sp.atk and Sp.def.

Psystar63

☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆
Years
Dragon Pokemon FTW!!!

Name: Psystar63

Your Trainer Sprite: Iris (Gym Leader). She looks a bit like me! :D

2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family): A Hydreigon nicknamed Nyx, and a shiny Charizard named Rashaverak.

Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: Because I love dragons. I was nicknamed 'Dragon' by my friends because of my love for them. They are the legends of the Pokemon world.

What is your favorite Dragon Pokemon & why?

Hydreigon! Finally, a pokemon that is both Dark/Dragon type!!!

What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Dragonite & Salamence in battle?

I used to use Dragonite and Salamence when I was taking on the Battle Tower in 4th gen. Being Dragon/Flying type meant that the hard-hitting earthquake wasn't a worry. And Salamence's ability was pretty nifty. The only thing that stopped me from using them in Gen 5 was their weaknesses to ice. What can I say: Ice shard totally ruined them!

Which Dragon type & Dragon family member are you most disappointed in?
Mmm... I'd say Flygon. I do like Flygon, it made my team in R/S for a while (before being replaced by Salamence). It's just that compared to Pokemon like Haxorus and Salamence, it's stats could be a little better. And yes, I don't like the Ground/Dragon combination.
As for Dragon family, I'd say Scrafty. Sure it's type of Dark/Fighting is unusual, but I expected it to have better attack power.

Dragons usually have scale, rough skin. Which Dragon Pokemon do you think does NOT have a scale, rough skin?
Reshiram. Yeah, I just imagine it to be all feathery and soft...

What do you think about the fact that we have a Dragon-type champion again?
It's cool! Just goes to show how epic dragons are!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2012
Name: william.alsup
Trainer Sprite: Drayden
1st Partner Pokemon: Salamence. My love since Ruby.
2nd Partner Pokemon: Milotic
Why I have chosen to be a Dragon Tamer: I've been a fan of Salamence since Ruby (I still have my original Salamence, in Black!) But most importantly, I understand the extreme power of Dragon types and their importance in the Pokemon World.

I'll go ahead and answer all these.

Salamence. It's been my favorite Pokemon since Ruby/Sapphire. Also, I enjoy that it's shiny form is my favorite color. Also, Dragon Rage.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Dragonite & Salamence in battle?

Advantages: The obvious sheer power of Dragon types, that can be used for many strategies including earthquake/fly or for dragon sweeps.

Same type disadvantage is the biggest disadvantage. Ice or Dragon types would have a field day. Put a tyranitar with Outrage out there and it would surely be a done deal.

the Garchomp line. Meh, never really liked em. Underrepresented and strange.

Well right on! Dragons FTW.

Which Pokemon do you consider part of the Dragon relations that are not on the list? Please explain why.
That's a really hard one. Probably Lugia. It's form is consistent with dragons. Imo of course.

Are there any dragons that you would like to see appear Generation VI? Show some examples.

I always loved the idea of Rayquaza, a big flying serpent-esque creature. A gen 6 600 clubber that had Ray's form would be nice.

What is your opinion on the Dragon's Den? Should the Pokémon be a bit stronger (via way fewer Magikarps)? Should there be more Dragon Tamers to re-battle? Lance/Clair Tag Battle as well?
A dragon's based battle area would be swell. :P With ACTUAL challenges.

How often do you use Dragon-type Pokemon in battle?
Typically every battle.

Dragons usually have scale, rough skin. Which Dragon Pokemon do you think does NOT have a scale, rough skin?
Flygon doesn't seem that way.

EDIT: I apologize for these incomplete and somewhat inferior answers. I did this in the middle of a bunch of stuff.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Dragons destroy everything

Name: Crystalwing25 or Crystal

Your Trainer Sprite: Claire

2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family): Dragonite and Charizard

Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: Dragons destroy everything

What is your favorite Dragon Pokemon & why? Dragonite, because there has always been something about Dragonite that has caught my attention and I enjoy using it. I couldn't explain it I just love Dragonite.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Dragonite & Salamence in battle? The advantage of using a Dragonite is that it can learn a lot of TMs allowing it to have a wide spread type range. A disadvantage of using a Dragonite is probably that it's defense and it's speed are its lowest stats (not by much but still lower).

Which Dragon type & Dragon family member are you most disappointed in? -The Haxorus family, just because when I was training one it seemed to be taken down very easily and didn't seem to live up to the dragon type standards.

What do you think about the fact that we have a Dragon-type champion again? -I love it, the dragon type should be the final challenge of the game because it is the hardest to take down.

Which Pokemon do you consider part of the Dragon relations that are not on the list? Please explain why. -That would have to be Tyranitar, because it gives that sense of "I am unstoppable and will destroy everything in my path" kind of like a dragon does.

Are there any dragons that you would like to see appear Generation VI? Show some examples. –If you are asking from past generations then I would like to be able to capture Dratini, Bagon, and Trapinch out in the wild again and not in a safari zone or anything like that.

What is your opinion on the Dragon's Den? Should the Pokémon be a bit stronger (via way fewer Magikarps)? Should there be more Dragon Tamers to re-battle? Lance/Clair Tag Battle as well?- I like the dragon's den, but I would have liked it so that as the story went on the pokemon in general got stronger. So first visit magikarps, second visit (to receive the dratini) half magikarps and half gyarados, and then third visit to fight Lance and Claire all gyarados. Also I would have liked to be able to talk to the trainers again (including Claire and lance) to battle a second time.

How often do you use Dragon-type Pokemon in battle? - When I'm playing seriously I most likely use either Dragonite or Salamence. But I also enjoy destroying the elite for with a team of a level 100 Dragonite and a level 100 Charizard, just to remind them who the champion is.

Dragons usually have scale, rough skin. Which Dragon Pokemon do you think does NOT have a scale, rough skin? - I don't know if Arceus would count but I don't think it does. Reshiram doesn't looks like it is covered in fur and Altaria looks like skin and a cloud.

I did this all in a word document and when I finally finished out of habit I saved it in one of my homework folders.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Welcome new members!! Sorry for the late welcome, I've been away & dealing with PCX stuff, now the club's back in action! You're updated, & feel free to discuss anything & everything dragons!

As for the new topics:

Are there an overpopulated amount of Legendary Dragons or should there be more?

Psystar63

Years
Welcome new members!! Sorry for the late welcome, I've been away & dealing with PCX stuff, now the club's back in action! You're updated, & feel free to discuss anything & everything dragons!

As for the new topics:

Well, since Gen 3 with Rayquaza, the main Legendaries of the games have been Dragon Pokemon. Sure, Dragon is a strong type and fits perfectly well with the Legendary Pokemon description, but I do feel like it's starting to become rather overdone. I just feel that they should give a chance for other types of Pokemon to be the main Legendaries, so that there can be more strong Psuedo-Legendary dragons- you know, more tough Dragons that can actually be used in competitive battling. Oh, to have more Pokemon like Haxorus and Hydreigon... ^^

Years

I'd agree with Psystar, even though Dragon is a strong type and a good type for Legendaries I think it's being way overdone. They should give a chance for other types to serve for the main Legendaries. If you take a look at every game from Emerald onwards, all except HeartGold & SoulSilver had a Dragon-type as the main Legendary. I would like to see more pseudo-Legendary Dragons that would be useful in competitive battling.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016

Give me moar dragons! Even though almost every legend has been part Dragon type, I honestly think there could be a few more dual Dragon type legends. As long as they're not too overdone it could work. I really would like to see another Legendary Dragon similar to Latias/Latios in the way of competitive battling. Strong but not too strong so they're not considered Uber. (Hope that makes sense xD)

I looked at the first page and I couldn't find my trainer sprite. D: Did you forget to add me?

Last edited:
Years
hovdes sign up

Name:Hovde
Your Trainer Sprite: Lance, definitely
2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family): Rayquaza is awesome (especially shiny!) and charizard.
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: well, drgons are a pain to raise, but they are still my favorite ttype of pokemon.
Answer Current Topic: well, i thought lengendary dragons would be cool back when i played blue, and was dissapointed when there were none in gold or silver. When Rayquaza and the other dragon legends of gen 3 came out, i was happy. Then gen 4 had several more dragons, and even more for gen 5.(i kind of wondered if whoever designed legendaries had a fetish for dragons). i have no problem with dragon type legendaries, but i am getting kind of sick of them. I think they should make othe types for a change, then maybe come back to dragon types again later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

It pretty much seems like they've generalized most legendaries as Dragon type Pokemon, and it's not really something I like. I guess this kinda comes off the designers often basing legendary Pokemon on mythological creatures, whereas a lot of those are or relate to dragons, in which case a lot of them end up being Dragon types, however I'd just really like to see some more creativity and variation. Give us some more Bug, Dark, Fighting, etc. legendaries, instead of throwing the same typed legendaries at us all the time. It'd also open up for a lot of different themed legendaries, although I guess that's also harder than the typical dragons.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013

My definition for legendary pokemon is a dragon type pokemon. I enjoy the having dragon type legendary that vary with secondary types. But I think that the population is equal between dragon type and non-dragon type, so I wouldn't mind seeing more dragon type legendaries.

Psystar63

Years

It pretty much seems like they've generalized most legendaries as Dragon type Pokemon, and it's not really something I like. I guess this kinda comes off the designers often basing legendary Pokemon on mythological creatures, whereas a lot of those are or relate to dragons, in which case a lot of them end up being Dragon types, however I'd just really like to see some more creativity and variation. Give us some more Bug, Dark, Fighting, etc. legendaries, instead of throwing the same typed legendaries at us all the time. It'd also open up for a lot of different themed legendaries, although I guess that's also harder than the typical dragons.

I agree with Olli there. Sure dragons have there place in myths, but so do many other creatures. They've done dragon-based legendaries for about 3 Gens now, so it's about time they try something else. And there are other strong types in the Pokemon world apart from Dragon, like Dark and Psychic.
A Bug-type legendary would be interesting to see, don't you agree? Something like Volcarona, but stronger!

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Hello! I'd like to join...and add a userbar for the club! Here is how it'd look like:
CsAZl.png

I know, it isn't great, nor is it good, but at least it's decent.
Now, for me to join, this is necessary...
Name: Rainy Garden of Fire
2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family): Dialga and Charizard
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer? It's all in favor of their strength, which is probably a stereotype for dragons, even non-Pokemon ones. And in favor of their design.

Now, I'll answer most of the topics shown in the first post...

Dialga! PMD2 made me like it, that's for sure. And it's all in favor of its design. A dragon with steel on the outside...isn't that cool? Its Primal self is cool as well. It's a lot darker...with some red placed into it. Will that even be a Forme? No. But there is an issue for it. It has a pretty bad signature move in Roar of Time. It's like Hyper Beam and its partners -- after it's used, the user must rest. It should get something else...maybe a status signature move for a different run?

I'm not going to say "taking it all with joy", nor would I say "taking it all with the madness of hell that I can't take anymore"...It's a neutral thing for me. But still, Dragon-type Champions, the issue...is that the Dragon-type resists the starter types. And that can be a real bummer for those who have super faith in their starters and use them more often than any other.

What is your opinion on the Dragon's Den? Should the Pokémon be a bit stronger (via way fewer Magikarps)? Should there be more Dragon Tamers to re-battle? Lance/Clair Tag Battle as well?

The Dragon's Den is pretty much a two-in-two-out kind of place. There's only two times where getting in there means something -- where you rush out to get the Rising Badge from Clair...and when you battle against Lance and Clair with your rival. Afterwards, you feel as if it's just filler data. If something would be done to make it better...it would be to make the Lance & Clair VS Player & Rival battle happen more than once. That would be for me.

How often do you use Dragon-type Pokemon in battle?

Truth be told...I never use in in in-game teams. They're just so hard-to-get, considering their late-game appearance. But for PBR battles, I use them every time, except in the Sunset Colosseum, where the run's similar to the Battle Factory.

I think that would be all for my introduction. Okay, I'll head out. I hope to find lots of people to talk with here!

DisesioN

2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family): Flygon (Skyquake) , Charizard (Blazer)
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: I really like dragon family pokemons, they are strong and well developed.
Answer Current Topic: Where is it?

What is your favorite Dragon Pokemon & why? Flygon, he's very strong with his ground/dragon/flying attack mixes.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Dragonite & Salamence in battle? Advantages: They both can use another type moves (thunderbolt etc.), but they are very weak against ice, ice deals them 4x damage.
What do you think about the fact that we have a Dragon-type champion again? I don't think it's needed. Dragon tamers are more likely to be as strong as strong elite trainers, but tamers doesn't go to all these official things. They more like training without getting anyone's eye.
Which Pokemon do you consider part of the Dragon relations that are not on the list? Please explain why. I used to say it's charizard, but now he's included.
Are there any dragons that you would like to see appear Generation VI? Show some examples. It should be more dragon pokemon. Dragons are rare I know, but still they are too less species.
What is your opinion on the Dragon's Den? Should the Pokémon be a bit stronger (via way fewer Magikarps)? Should there be more Dragon Tamers to re-battle? Lance/Clair Tag Battle as well? I think it should be another den, there dragon trainers are more skilled and wild pokemon more stronger, and harder to get there, and more impressive outlook. Everything same, just on way higher level.
How often do you use Dragon-type Pokemon in battle? Rarely.
Dragons usually have scale, rough skin. Which Dragon Pokemon do you think does NOT have a scale, rough skin? Giratina, it's half normal, half gas.
Are there an overpopulated amount of Legendary Dragons or should there be more? More.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Welcome to the club you two, I'll add you to the list right away. And that userbar is great, no need to be so harsh on yourself :D

Since activity has been quite slim as of late, I'll throw in another topic, in hopes of it possibly helping a bit. Going with a simple one.

How do you feel about Gyarados' lack of a Dragon typing, despite it being a Dragon based Pokemon? Just to add on, for what I've heard, Gyarados was initially going to be a Dragon type Pokemon, however Gamefreak thought that it'd make it to OP, since Dragon types were in the first generation the strongest type of Pokemon, as well as Gyarados was already really strong, so they replaced it with a Flying type instead, and made the Dratini line the only of the first generation to be Dragon types.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
How do you feel about Gyrados' lack of a Dragon typing, despite it being a Dragon based Pokemon?

I've always thought of Gyrados as a Dragon/Water type until I started playing more competitive. I was very disappointed to find out that it was a Water/Flying type. Even to this day I keep thinking of Gyrados as more of a Dragon type than either a Water or Flying type. How can Gyrados be a flying type anyway? Gyrados cannot physically fly so why is it considered a Flying type?

Ghost Emperor

Pokemon Emperor
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2012
How do you feel about Gyrados' lack of a Dragon typing, despite it being a Dragon based Pokemon?

I Feel alittle weird since it should moslty have dragon type attackes and what makes it weirder is its first based pokemon which is magikarp a fish which evolves into a dragon kinda creepy but cool :)

Its been a while since I last visited the group :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back