• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Mew

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
A few years back, somebody lent me their Blue to play through. I did the glitch and got two Mews for us. But I don't have the Blue anymore and that person has moved away. It was fairly recently though, around in 2008 or something, by which time everyone knew about Mew and the glitch, and the internet was a thing. Otherwise, I haven't really played through the first generation that much. However, Mew's always had a sort of mystique to it for me, because I never got to have one in my childhood playing G/S. So I was pretty excited to get one I could exchange to my Gold/Silver versions. Sadly, the battery on those are both dead and I couldn't trade it over anyway.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 24, 2015
i reckon mew was planned for yellow, as the first movie featured mew maybe they could've done a part of the story which included mew.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
I got my Mew via the infamous glitch (the Cerulean City one), and he's pretty interesting considering he knew all the TMs and he's considered to be the ancestor of the Pokemon universe.

That and the Pokemon Adventures manga made Mew more interesting.

Years
I remember this. It was early 2002 or 2003 when this came out. It's pretty good to know Mew was obtainable with the help of that glitch, but...couldn't it have happened earlier back when I played the game in 99? Me and my cousin searched for Mew like crazy! With missingno. and the Safari Zone glitch and such...
And I wonder: How have players/fans found this glitch?

Back