• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Unnamed FireRed 721 Project

Which TM set do you want in the patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skaraborne

The sharpest 'mon in the thread
Years
What exactly do you need help with regarding icon sprite palettes? I've played some other Gen 3 hacks that have included Electivire, Magmortar, Magnezone, etc. and their sprites were fine, but their icon sprite palettes were messed up. The icon sprites themselves were accurate but the palettes messed up. Is that what you mean? You need the coloring fixed? Because that's not too hard, it's just very boring :|

Yeah that was actually what I needed, just too lazy to look up how to do that.

But as you can see on the list it is no longer needed. DizzyEgg fixed that up for me (once again massive thanks man) and pretty much all Gen IV icons are inserted.

EDIT: We have a new poll! Which TM set do you prefer to be in the patch? Personally I rather have the original generation III moveset due to this being the only moveset that all moves are present for.

Last edited:
Years
OP opened a poll regarding TMs and I'd like to just clarify something. There will NOT be 100 TMs. That means that even though genVI set wins, there still be 50 arbitrary chosen TMs from genVI.
One more thing. We can change tutors move as well since in later gens there is no available Mega Punch, Mega Kick or Body Slam. But I guess this matter will be raised later when the first beta becomes downloadable.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Lack of "Custom, balanced TM set choosen carefuly from every obtainable TM from gen III-VI" option makes me unhappy.

Skaraborne

Years
For each release will all the Pokemon move sets be complete for the newer gen Pokemon?

Unfortunately, not all newer moves are in MrDollSteak's base, so the movesets aren't complete. I have made a list of changes in the movesets though, so you can change it yourself. If by the next release of MrDollSteak's base the moves aren't in, we will try to make them ourselves.

BadEgg~

Pokémon: Volant Version Developer
Years
This is pretty damn cool. I'd use this to analyse how everything works and further my learning..and I'm sure other people who are starting out in the realm of ROM hacking will want to use this as a base.

Skaraborne

Years
Great news everyone! Beta 0.4 has arrived!
Beta 0.4.0

Features:
All Gen IV Pokémon, including form(e)s!
New evolution methods! (Level-up with move, holding specific item, etc.)
Real Time Clock for day/night evolution!
Working Burmy forms!
Gen IV stones!
Arceus. {:3}

Flaws:
No gender + stone evolution yet.
Only Burmy forms work like they do in official Pokémon games.
Friendship during day/night evo method doesn't work.
No Gen IV trade evolutions yet.

Download:
Unnamed FireRed 721 Project (v0.4).zip

Next update:
In version 0.4.1, we will be fixing lots of bugs and flaws.
Also, we will be making additions to the base like adding new items (like Magmarizer, Electirizer, etc.)
and adding more evolution methods.

Also, Mega Evolution is confirmed for a future update.
Lastly, I want to announce that this thread is likely moving to the Tools, Tutorials and Resources section.

Feel free to report any bugs and see you soon!

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
After i download this hack, i name the hack " pokemon fire red 7.2.1 ".
:D

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
Great news everyone! Beta 0.4 has arrived!
Beta 0.4.0

Features:
All Gen IV Pokémon, including form(e)s!
New evolution methods! (Level-up with move, holding specific item, etc.)
Real Time Clock for day/night evolution!
Working Burmy forms!
Gen IV stones!
Arceus. {:3}

Flaws:
No gender + stone evolution yet.
Only Burmy forms work like they do in official Pokémon games.
Friendship during day/night evo method doesn't work.
No Gen IV trade evolutions yet.

Download:
Unnamed FireRed 721 Project (v0.4).zip

Next update:
In version 0.4.1, we will be fixing lots of bugs and flaws.
Also, we will be making additions to the base like adding new items (like Magmarizer, Electirizer, etc.)
and adding more evolution methods.

Also, Mega Evolution is confirmed for a future update.
Lastly, I want to announce that this thread is likely moving to the Tools, Tutorials and Resources section.

Feel free to report any bugs and see you soon!

You have Gen IV stones but no stone evolution yet?
Hmm if you are unable to make them evolve using the stones send me a pm and ill make them work. This is actually a pretty cool rombase for hackers to use..
I also think you should provide the ini's for G3T, G3HS and PGE

Years
You have Gen IV stones but no stone evolution yet?
Hmm if you are unable to make them evolve using the stones send me a pm and ill make them work. This is actually a pretty cool rombase for hackers to use..
I also think you should provide the ini's for G3T, G3HS and PGE

No, the stone evolutions along with the stones themselves are present. As for the inis, here they are.
They'll be added to OP soon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 13, 2020
Would definitely play a FR hack with 721 Pokémon. Probably over and over again. Pokémon already has a replay potential through the psyducking roof. A 721 Gen 3 hack would be incredible.
I've always wanted to catch all existing pokemon in Fire Red for years. I was satisfied with FR 386. I also enjoyed Sacred Gold, and Blaze Black 1 & 2 but I've always wanted to do it all in Kanto again. Emerald 649 is the closet we've seen for that to happen... but it's Hoenn, not Kanto.

Well, this is your hack but just as like said few times - shoving all pokemon into small region like Kanto is a terrible idea.
I disagree, but the Sevii Islands can hold quite a few to keep things a bit stable.

Years
Will new Incense items be available soon? How about Day and Night? And other unique evolutions like Feebas' or Inkay's?
Incense items won't be available because breeding is glitched in DollSteak's Patch. Day and Night system is already in(the colours just don't change), however friendship evolutions depending on time don't work. Other, like evolution while holding an item at day do work. All evolutions methods present in this thread will be eventually included.

Will Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon appear soon?
They will appear, but certainly not soon. The mega evolution hack is not inserted yet and I'm not sure if it supports Primal Reversion at this moment(I'm not actually sure how they're different from normal mega evo but apparently they are). There are no sprites made for them either.

Will it be possible for the Gen. 6 abilities to be added soon?
There are already some Gen 6 abilities I think. I may add others from the Ability Resource Thread later but the main goal of this patch is to provide all 721 Pokemon.

i've never had this issue come up with MrDS' resource before, or an emerald resource. http://u.xpo.pw/A9O.png
do i need to change the game id in hex?
There's a high possibility I sent the wrong starting rom to Slowpoke which means it's impossible to use it now. I've tried to apply the patch multiple times but it always turned out buggy. If someone successfully implemented it, please let me know.

Anyway, everything's coming along nicely and currently I'm fixing small bugs present in DollSteak Patch. And when Slowpoke returns, we'll continue working on GenV.

Reactions: Zef
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back