• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
hello i like shiny pokemon but i have neva caught one b4 only red gyrados if its counted my fav shiny pokemon is shiny Metagross his silver body looks awesome look it up and youll agree its looks awesome also can i join le club

Welcome, Birdy!! Wait till MetalMario gives you a proper invite, but you can hang out and post and Shiny Hunt with us. 8D

Hunting Numel and mad Irony happened:
Spoiler:

WAD!! 6:20PM ish I was watching Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares and I went to get a glass of juice right as I was encountering something on my game. I sit back down and look at the screen, and go "Wait? what?! is that Machop brown?! Oh !%@$ Shiny!!!" I paralyzed it, then weakened it slowly with magikarp tackles, then I threw a Premier Ball and it broke out. A 2nd one did the trick and was caught. I nicknamed him Hulk since its evolved forms are green meh.
Behold my "new" GBA SP retro, Ruby in the slot!
It's Quiet...too Quiet *shifty eyes*
Weaksauce stats

The meh thing about it is I already have a shiny Machop that I caught on my FR back in '07. Though it is a female one (with better nature and stats :p), so now I've got a male companion for it. Lol least its a new shiny and for march madness too yay! my drought since January is over. I'm hoping Numel will follow soon. Or maybe even Turtwig in Platinum...

Congratulations on the Machop. =D

;__; Everyone is getting something for March but not me... Yet!! *goes of to hatch some more*

Years
hello i like shiny pokemon but i have neva caught one b4 only red gyrados if its counted my fav shiny pokemon is shiny Metagross his silver body looks awesome look it up and youll agree its looks awesome also can i join le club
Welcome to the club, Birdy!

Hunting Numel and mad Irony happened:
Spoiler:

WAD!! 6:20PM ish I was watching Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares and I went to get a glass of juice right as I was encountering something on my game. I sit back down and look at the screen, and go "Wait? what?! is that Machop brown?! Oh !%@$ Shiny!!!" I paralyzed it, then weakened it slowly with magikarp tackles, then I threw a Premier Ball and it broke out. A 2nd one did the trick and was caught. I nicknamed him Hulk since its evolved forms are green meh.
Behold my "new" GBA SP retro, Ruby in the slot!
It's Quiet...too Quiet *shifty eyes*
Weaksauce stats

The meh thing about it is I already have a shiny Machop that I caught on my FR back in '07. Though it is a female one (with better nature and stats :p), so now I've got a male companion for it. Lol least its a new shiny and for march madness too yay! my drought since January is over. I'm hoping Numel will follow soon. Or maybe even Turtwig in Platinum...
Be careful that it doesn't steal your bike, or you might have to run after it in a pink jumpsuit. ^^

shiny Arceus
Nickname: "GoldenCalf" :D And nice one with the Tangela!

So, Dialga took 5393 resets total--less than half as many as the first time, but still not spectacularly lucky. Turtwig on Platinum is my current priority, with a bit of Rotom at night. I'd do more Rotom, but it's annoying taking Pearl with me, since I can't SR on it throughout most of the day.

(I love you, Firefox! I closed the tab with this post by mistake, but Undo Close Tab brought back the form text! ^^)

And GJ with the Tangela, IHC, just in case I didn't mention.

Years
Wow, congrats on the Machop D_S! I've kinda been itching to get one in FR/LG, but I'm not to optimistic with the shiny Geodude popping out and exploding probability... xP
And yeah, you said it 2 or 3 times, xD
But man, it's so cool that you finally avenged Dialga! Now to re-conquer Kyogre!
Thanks for all the congrats as well, everyone!

So now I'm gonna divert from one of the Birds on LeafGreen for the time being, and now I gotta focus on training up a Parasect/Wigglytuff and Marowak/Scyther for Sing/False Swipe. Or, I could pray and hope for the best with my GBA Link. I kinda lost my urge to hunt on FireRed, due to going 180 Hours of Gameplay (About 20-40 hours are wasted/storyline play)... But that's still a lot. LeafGreen, with 20 hours is so kind as to spit out a fast shiny... I'll get its exact IVs sometime this weekend, but I know that it has a better attack than special attack... Ah, well. Still, I was EXTREMELY close to making that my longest hunt ever. Thank goodness it shone before that! :P
So yeah, I'm gonna LeafGreen Hunt only now, after I trade over some Legends, Timer Balls, and Repeat Balls. For the Elite Four and so I don't have to do the stupid One Island Mission. Reason being; I don't want to release the dog yet. I have plans on Soft Resetting for a shiny one. But the problem is, it's gonna take a while. Oh, well.
Thanks again, everyone, and good luck to all!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Congrats to everyone on their new shinies. Especially you, MM, you really deserve your Dialga after losing it! ^_^

I don't have Platinum yet, but I look forward to soft resetting for Piplup when I get mine. Good luck to everyone else soft resetting!

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Jeez louise.....

Did things catch on fire or what....?

Congratulations everyone.. o_O'

I wish I had good news to speak of for myself, but I don't... except I do have Platinum, and I'm standing right in the middle of the Battle Frontier.

My next objective is to trade over the rest of my shiny fighters, so I have to catch about 34 junk Pokemon... that's a lot of catching.

Another thing that sucks is that my Staraptor, Snorlax, and others that use Return will have to become loyal all over again. That's fine; I plan to use them in the Frontier facilities.

But first....

I want to be one of the first to get a US Platinum shiny!! I already have one in mind. It'll be tough though, for 2 reasons:

1. It's a hard Pokemon to chain.

2. The grass looks different.

Yeah, it looks different. They redid the sprites. I'm not sure if it's easier to tell them apart or not...

I guess I'll find out soon enough!

As far as Magikarp goes.... I'll resume hatching on Diamond soon.
I hatched 2,600 before I stopped on Platinum Day.

Last edited:

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Out of the blue bad luck, I guess: What are the chances of your game randomly freezing for no reason, having to restart from the last save, and losing 6 Eggs that might have held a Shiny... ^^; I'm hoping that this isn't the case here, but knowing me...

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I am SRing for a Spiritomb right now at any chance I get. Won't be able to after tomorrow and me also starting to make sigs again has stopped me.

Side note: What you think to my work in progress sig?

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Congrats to new shinies everyone.

I finished Platinum yesterday and I got my first Pokeradar shiny:

S5030809.jpg

I didn't have much trouble getting to 40, I was used to chaining in Platinum, as I have the Japanese Version. I did get a chain to 30 yesterday evening, but a Bidoof broke it.

Other than that, no new shinies from me. Still hunting on One Island, with no shiny in sight. I'm hoping that something appears before the end of this month, or at least the end of April.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
I am SRing for a Spiritomb right now at any chance I get. Won't be able to after tomorrow and me also starting to make sigs again has stopped me.

Side note: What you think to my work in progress sig?

Good luck on Spiritomb, and One Piece sig for the win. =D

Congrats to new shinies everyone.

I finished Platinum yesterday and I got my first Pokeradar shiny:

S5030809.jpg

I didn't have much trouble getting to 40, I was used to chaining in Platinum, as I have the Japanese Version. I did get a chain to 30 yesterday evening, but a Bidoof broke it.

Other than that, no new shinies from me. Still hunting on One Island, with no shiny in sight. I'm hoping that something appears before the end of this month, or at least the end of April.

Congrats on the Platinum Radar Shiny. =D

>>To DDD: I am half way to the amount of Magikarp Eggs that you've hatched: 1,300.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Smooth, congrats on that Shinx.

I could be chaining right now, but no. I keep getting set up by that **** who said "can you please hold my Pokemon for me?"

He said he would be there yesterday. I even received his message the same time we were on. I waited all evening. Nothing. No response, no nothing.

I'm never, I repeat, I am NEVER doing something like this ever again. And to beat it all, like all but 3 of the Pokemon I'm holding for him are hacked BS. I should just release them all and say my usual "Cheaters never prosper" and the fact that I am very disappointed in him as I thought he had potential.

While I wait, I'm powering up my Return Pokemon. 1 down, 3 - 4 to go. Doesn't take long. I'm also gonna try and beat Palmer in the Battle Tower once, at least, then try out Battle Factory, and then head for the hills and get to chaining.

I'll resume hatching for Magikarp soon. I hatch here and there but it's only like 2 - 3 eggs.

Good luck everyone!

Remember to never get "chained" down by someone!!! >=(

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Good luck on Spiritomb, and One Piece sig for the win. =D

You should check out my video in my profile, have a few other great one piece ones from the Enies Lobby Arc, with some great music. One is Bullet For My valentine other is Three Days Grace.

On another note, I have done around 1000 SRs today for Spiritomb with no luck. I do it while playing Call Of Duty on my PS3, every time I die I do one Sr before I respawn, works great.

Years
But man, it's so cool that you finally avenged Dialga! Now to re-conquer Kyogre!
I never had a shiny Kyogre. .__. Rotom's the only non-Radar shiny I'm still missing. (Including a random encounter Geodude! :D Oh, and a dupe Fearow, who's not particularly missed.)

Out of the blue bad luck, I guess: What are the chances of your game randomly freezing for no reason, having to restart from the last save, and losing 6 Eggs that might have held a Shiny... ^^; I'm hoping that this isn't the case here, but knowing me...
Don't stress over unhatched eggs. You're best off not thinking about it and considering them undecided. Kinda like quantum theory, I guess. If an event's decided but its outcome hasn't been determined, don't bother thinking of it as even being determined.

Since those 6 eggs still have the regular odds, you probably aren't missing anything.

My main current target at present is Rotom, though I could be mixing up any of my other targets as well, including Chikorita, Kyogre, and Turtwig. Also the Pokéradar if I get bored.

I have so many shinies to EV, I'll be headed for another training session soon.

Years
Looks like someone's back into chaining. *points to self*
Congrats on all recent shinies.
And, I'm not sure why I thought you did, MM. I'm confuzzled.

Anyways, I was chaining Voltorb this morning. There was a shiny patch, on the border, and where I couldn't see. It just had that same laggy thing that makes you know it's a shining Pokémon's patch. So I passed on that. I reset the Radar for about 10 more minutes, and a beautiful Blue Voltorb jumped on out. About 5 minutes after that, I used a Repel, but the game glitched and sent me into a wild Battle. So I only got one. But it has 22 for Attack, 25 for Special Attack, and 31 for Speed. I have been getting some good shiny IVs lately :O
I'm getting all of my FireRed Pokémon over to LeafGreen, to get through the E4 faster, and to transfer some Repeat Balls. This may also get me the National Dex, so I can just buy some Timer and Repeat Balls myself. But I kinda have an urge to hunt the shiny dogs. And again, on the other hand, there is too much time required to do that. My new "Secret" hunt on Ruby (coughlatioscough) took about 15 minutes to appear. Much too long.
So that's it for now, and good luck to all.

Years
I was hunting for shiny Kyogre last summer, which is probably where you're getting it from. Kyogre's somewhere down my priority list, behind Rotom and Turtwig. Completing Sapphire will grant me access to Beldum and Rayquaza, and I'm not completing it without pulling out a shiny Kyogre, so it'll eventually happen.

(I could always chain Beldum now that there's a Thunderpunch tutor, but the sandstorm creeps me out, along with their catch rate. .__.)

I've also had it in my mind to hunt for a shiny Suicune, but that'd only be after at least three plays through Leaf Green, which has kind of hit the backburner as well.

1992 Rotoms.

Years
*feels awkward making every other post*

Welcome to the club, Feline!

Sadly, we don't count shinies from G/S/C, nor do we count shinies from emulators. You're still quite welcome to hunt for them on the newer games. I have a shiny Meganium on my Crystal. (1/64 breeding trick)

Deidara

"Art Is A Bang"
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
hello, i was wondering if i could join this shiny hunter club.

im pretty new to Platinum but currently im hatching eggs for a shiny beldum, other than that i dont have too many shinies.

so am i in?

Years
Eh, I've done that before, MM. =P
I guess I'll be the first to welcome you, Deidara. What are the current shinies you have?

My brother found a shiny Poochyena while I was handing him the game last night... I encountered it, and handed it to him, and we was like, WOW, LOOK! And I look over and the damn dog was sitting there, all golden. So he did about 400 more Soft Resets without a shiny, so I told him to just save. Later, we just made a new profile with a cooler ID No.

I haven't done much other hunting than for Rare Candies with my Meowth in Diglett's Cave. I accidentally let one of them Evolve, so I gotta go get another Lv. 31 Meowth for some PIckup/Pay Day action. I got a ton of money with it, too. xD
So that's it for now, and good luck to all.

Deidara

"Art Is A Bang"
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
well so far in Platinum i haven't found any yet, but in DP i ran into a shiny ponyta.

thats pretty much all the luck i have had, but im looking into hunting more shinies.

Back