• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

41victory

>.> Nobody saw anything <.<
Years
like 10 minutes ago i got me my target for smogon!

Shiny Banette
Adamant

Hp: 14-15
Atk: 26-27
Def: 29
Sp.A: 4-7
Sp.D: 22-23
Speed: 20-21

Atk is above 25
Speed above or equal to twenty
and Health + Defense + SP.D = 64-66 (57+)

Im so giddy!

shinycollector

I'm back!
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2012
Hey guys, If you don't remember me. I was/hopefully still part of this Club. Well I'm just here to stop by after my HSC( High School Certificate ) Tests. I've been busy with IRL stuff. But well I'm just here to say Hello to all and buying Pokemond Diamond soon ( The last one I bought was a cardboard box..Grr Ebay). Well hopefully some of you still remember me, I surely see a great lots of new faces in the Club.

I'm very pleased to be a part of this Club and very thankful to MM and to the other staff of the Club by keeping it running for so long. MetalMario I won't forget you.

Keep in touch I will be posting rarely as I don't play anymore as of busy with personal stuff.

The Graceful Assassin

Dispose Of The Betrayer....
Years
Omg I think I may have found a way to Chain Eggs.

From Smogon
Im not sure if this works but I'll try it out.

Anyways, I need a UT version of the Banette and a EV'd version of it, so If any of you could clone for me it would be appreciated.

GL to all!

that has not been confirmed and it sounds like a load of **** to me.
But hey go for it if you want. My shiny hunts, nothing at the moment im still considering what to go after.

Good Luck all.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Omg I think I may have found a way to Chain Eggs.

From Smogon
Im not sure if this works but I'll try it out.
\

that has not been confirmed and it sounds like a load of **** to me.
But hey go for it if you want. My shiny hunts, nothing at the moment im still considering what to go after.

Good Luck all.

It's worth a shot. I'm going to try it. But to try it in Pearl2 where I've been trying to hatch shiny Munchlax.... It's going to be a pain in the ***. I get an egg like once every 5 minutes thanks to Ditto and Snorlax not liking each other, and no female Snorlax.

So I'll probably skip that and attempt this on Diamond with my uber Smeargle and Vulpix.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Hi, MY NAME'S EGG CHAIN, AND I'M SO BROKEN.

shinyvulpixhatch1.jpg

shinyvulpixhatch2.jpg

All I did was reject 42 eggs. Then started collecting them. And about the 10th egg, that popped out.

Is this good or bad? I... I don't know....

But it works.

Copy/pasta from Smogon.

I've got the permission to do this. So don't even ask about that.

It is proven!
You'll have to accept it. You can look here for further information.

What is this?
When I say shiny hunting I mean following:
"Chaining" eggs

How does it work?
You have to reject the first 40 eggs (better 42) you get from the old man. (You have to say "NO" two times!!)
After that there's a total chance of 1/200 that there will be a shiny in the egg.
This doesn't mean that you'll have a shiny after 200 eggs! It might take more than 1000 eggs... or even more. It all depends on your luck.

Are there rules?
Equal to shiny chaining the rules aren't that clear.
There are a few, which are propably right:
- After shutting of the DS the chain is broken! Only standby
- Don't fly or fight against other trainers. It's definately not positive.
- Don't decline a egg after you accepted at least one!

What now?
Try it!
After about 1000 eggs you should have a shiny. (about 94%)

You can copy this guide and do with it whatever you want.
I'm German and my english isn't that good. If I made any mistakes, please correct me.

regards,
TF

41victory

>.> Nobody saw anything <.<
Years
OMG IT WORKS!?!?!?
Im doing it right now with my tropius!
(this is great man, both of the tropius im breeding have leaf blade and 30-31 atk Iv's too :P)

Ill Post later If I get something.

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Wow congrats on the hatched shiny vulpix DDD! I really hope you just got random super luck though. If this 'trick' works, then Shinies will literally crumble away whatever worth they have left, after the massacre of the Radar, brings back memories of the absolute joke of how easy it was to get a shiny hatch in the GSC days thanks to the Shiny Ditto Trick. I hope this is another one of those seems-true-but-isn't-tricks like that Emerald 'press A before the Location Sign when SRing' trick.

I've been just about nonstop Sring for Turtwig on my New Platinum. I timed it against D/P's Starter sequence, and its at least 50% faster. Time on D/P is like 1min~ and on Platinum its 30sec~ Much much more worth it to SR for starters on Platinum, and no damn uncatchable starly to taunt you either :p. I really want to get on with Platinum since the Rotom Key giveaway starts on Sunday, plus game is too awesome, so I really hope turtwig decides to shine fast. Current ID is 46869, Likely going to change it soon. I hope I'm not wasting my time if it turns out that egg chain thing is true :/ Bah most of my other targets are now secondary as well. Barely done any Steelix hunting, but have done some Mudkip SRs. Eh just want to get turtwig ASAP...Shine Please!!!

Good luck everyone on their hunts! (argh getting annoyed that I can't even just check the postings at SPPf since ban won't let me log out grrrrr)

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Wow congrats on the hatched shiny vulpix DDD! I really hope you just got random super luck though. If this 'trick' works, then Shinies will literally crumble away whatever worth they have left, after the massacre of the Radar. I think this is another one of those seems true tricks like that Emerald press A before the Location Sign when SRing trick.

Yeah, you and me both. I wish I could say I just got lucky, but I'm closing up my DS to go to bed and I'm only up to about 54 Vulpix hatched now. That one is the only shiny I've gotten so far, but I'm still trying. I'm eager to try it out on other Pokemon.

I know I'll probably do this with my hatchable shinies from now on though lol! Cuz it DID give me some good luck, whether it works or not!

Well, I'll do more in the morning.
Peace out and good luck to all.

(P.S. my Vulpix knows Energy Ball and Hypnosis. ;) )

rapid whalelord

<--She's a ribbon queen...38!
Years
lol this is a really funny subject i checked the forum and i'm gonna try in the next 24 hours to test it but something tell me it's highly plausible, but you must be strong willed to try so hard to get to 1000. i feel the same about shinies coming eaiser but this is a cool subject, i wonder if it'll won't in older games...happy hunting...

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
lol this is a really funny subject i checked the forum and i'm gonna try in the next 24 hours to test it but something tell me it's highly plausible, but you must be strong willed to try so hard to get to 1000. i feel the same about shinies coming eaiser but this is a cool subject, i wonder if it'll won't in older games...happy hunting...

Well, I'm still trying to get a 2nd shiny Vulpix, I'm around 80 eggs hatched now. Even if this makes it easier, this is very tiring, boring. You're still going to have to work for it (unless you get lucky like I did lol)

But what's going to be broken is if you can get a shiny, then SR it for good IVs - which is what I'm trying to do now. Find another shiny then SR when it hatches.

But so far this hasn't happened again, and no one else really seems to be doing this at the moment except me and 41victory.

In a way I hope he or I get some more results soon, but then again, I don't want to. It's bittersweet both ways. If this works, then shinies are no longer that special.. but I can further enhance my team with anything I could ever want.

If it DOESN'T really work..... Wow. I am only lucky dude. I just got a shiny Vulpix with no variables. It's like random encounter.
But then I've mislead people in the stirring pot of this "Egg Chain" crap.

The tests go on..

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Well.... Got some dire news.

A guy edited some of the coding to check and see if this "works" or not. Well, his results were negative, but that doesn't get me downhearted. I'm still going to keep trying, if I don't have another shiny Vulpix by the end of the day, I'm boxing all of them (except my lovely gold one), and then trying Shroomish.

Everyone's doing Shroomish lol.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Yay, Sunday locked the thread at Smogon. -_-

For all we know, this might have had NOTHING to do with CHAINING at all. "CHAINING" could be a word lost in translation.

(Yeah I'm a little pissed)

I'll continue to research, and post my efforts here I guess....

edit:

Ditched Vulpix. Put in a Shroomish with potentially 31 in Speed, and Ben's Ditto. Already rejected 5 eggs. Let's do this.

edit:

Rejected 42 (or so, maybe more, might have lost count, whatever), so now I'm saving and now taking the 43rd egg just like last time.

As far as I'm concerned, there's no way to prove this wrong or right just yet. I'll go by own instincts. And besides, I want a shiny Shroomish anyway!

Last edited:
Back