• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
@.Paradox, First, it's a good idea to have lockall at the beginning there, then change your releases to releasealls, but that's not going to be the source of your problem. It sounds like Oak has the wrong person event number, double check that, and keep in mind that you need the value that actually says Person event no., right below the "delete event" button, to match up with your applymovement command.
That's all I can think of.

Chad -

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
.Paradox, the script looks OK to me. Your problem probably is either you have the wrong person event number set for the applymovement command, or the OAK has a person ID of a previously set flag (because you're not seeing him).

So, check the person event number of OAK and his person ID. Make sure his person ID is not a flag you set before. I hope any of this helps.

Chad -

.Paradox

Hack Completion: ~5%...LOL
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 8, 2011
the script looks OK to me. Your problem probably is either you have the wrong person event number set for the applymovement command, or the OAK has a person ID of a previously set flag (because you're not seeing him).

So, check the person event number of OAK and his person ID. Make sure his person ID is not a flag you set before. I hope any of this helps.

Chad -

His ID is 002C which is the same as it is in the actual game so maybe that's why it's not working cause they're the same person ID's.

So I just need to make sure his person ID is not a flag I've set before?

Idk lol I can only imagine the problems I'll have scripting when he gives you the pokemon XD

EDIT: Okay it worked, thanks!

Also, how would I go about warping us both into the house after we stop?

But one thing, how do I make him invisible and not be able to bump into? I tried hidden but I can still bump into him.

Last edited:

Chad -

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
His ID is 002C which is the same as it is in the actual game so maybe that's why it's not working cause they're the same person ID's.

So I just need to make sure his person ID is not a flag I've set before?

Idk lol I can only imagine the problems I'll have scripting when he gives you the pokemon XD

EDIT: Okay it worked, thanks!

Also, how would I go about warping us both into the house after we stop?

But one thing, how do I make him invisible and not be able to bump into? I tried hidden but I can still bump into him.

Glad it worked.

I suggest you read this tutorial for warping and other things. It is in the tutorial section done by diegoisawesome.

Chad -

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2013
I am posting my question again, In case anyone has missed it

just what to know what time is moring, afternoon, nightime etc..

and how do you change the time, by a script in Pokmon Emeraled

setmaptile 0xB 0x5 0x201 0x0
setmaptile 0xB 0x6 0x189 0x0
special 0x8E
hidesprite 0xA
fadescreen 0x0

This does work, but only if you walk away form it,

how do i make It on the stop!
please I would like to know!

I am guessign it has something to do with a titemap script does anyone know how to make them work in A-map

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Spoiler:
Always, always and always use waitmovement after applymovement command ;)

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
A weird thing has been happening when I try to create a script for selling TMs in Celadon Dept. store. I have two merchants selling a bunch of TMs on one floor. The script is perfect, mirroring the one in-game exactly, but in-game it ended up showing the items minus 100. Like, if I wanted TM01 to be sold, I'd put in the mart list:

#raw word 0x121

But the item would appear as Revival Herb, which is 0x21.

Now I've gotten one of the merchants to work properly, but the other one simply freezes after he asks "May I help you." But if I have the second merchant access the mart list of the first merchant instead, it works fine, even though both mart lists are perfectly fine. Both end with #raw word 0x0, both are correct for the TMs, the scripts are exactly the same as they are in the Fire Red rom itself, so I'm a bit stumped as to what the problem is.

.Paradox

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 8, 2011
Alright, so here is my new code. I want you to tell me everything that's wrong with it, because I can get the door to open, but it won't close before I warp for some reason.

Spoiler:

Now I just can't make it so Oak doesn't appear before the script is called :/

Aside from that stuff I need to go look up how to make Oak not actually be visible before I toggle the script. But I'll have a video up soon to show you what's happening.

Here's a video: watch?v=FkslBRsNMR4

Stick that on the end of the YouTube URL...sorry but I can't post URLs or even embed a video yet :X
Sorry I'm having so many problems haha

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2010
I don't think anyone addressed this. If I'm wrong, sorry.
To make the sprite disappear, use this in XSE:

hidesprite 0x(person event number)
setflag 0x(personID)
I've never heard of the #raw method, does it work?

Oh, and I have one other question. In YAPE there are three values for a Pokemon's number, national dex, Hoenn dex, and Game. Am I correct in assuming that Game is the value I use in say, a givepokemon script?

#raw 0x53 is the exact same as typing hidesprite. The pokemon number would just be the number of the pokemon in hex so for example, let's use treeko. Treeko is number 277 so you would type 0x115 in for it's number. Now let's get to my script which seems to still be breaking at the hidesprite command (maybe I'm confused about the person event number but it seems pretty self explanitory). Maybe it's the flag I'm using I don't know...
Spoiler:

Here's some of the info listed on advance map to help find the problem.
Spoiler:

Thanks for any help!

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2013
I sloved the my question, you use special 63 I found out in the ho-oh event on emeraldanyway, I still would like to know the answer to my other questionjust what to know what time is moring, afternoon, nightime etc..and how do you change the time, by a script in Pokmon Emeraled@metapodThat's is a tough question, why don't you just ditch the sciprt and start again, That can sometime work, or you can just used the firered onePS. I hope AshGary is going well

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I still would like to know the answer to my other questionjust what to know what time is moring, afternoon, nightime etc..

The time, after being read from the RTC, is written to 0x03000DC0. Keep in mind, though, that it's formatted in binary-coded decimal so you'll have to convert it to hex. Anyways, the data is stored like this:
(year) (month) (date) (filler) (hour) (minute) (second)

So at the moment for me it's:
10 06 10 00 12 51 27.

Last edited:

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
Years
how do you add a special?
Look up a tut.

Anyways, here is mine. The error is is that it says unknown keyword "at" at line 26. I looked at it and its a blank space. I tried erasing it and still...

Code:
#dynamic 0x26D54A

#org @start
checkflag 0x1001
if 0x1 goto @done
applymovement 0x2 @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
call @pokemon
msgbox @2 0x6
applymovement 0x2 @move0
waitmovement 0x0
setflag 0x1001
release
end

#org @done
release
end

#org @1
= [blue_fr]Dad: \v\h01, Prof. Maple told me\nthat she had to go somewhere.\lShe felt bad that you couldn't get\la Pokemon of your choice, so she\lgave me a Pokabu from Isshu to\lgive to you.\pHere, \v\h01.

#org @2
= [blue_fr]It's a very special Pokemon,\n\v\h01.\pAnyways, you should challenge Gym\nLeader Angelica so you can get out\lof this town.\pBye, \v\h01.

#org @move
#raw 0x62
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0xFE

#org @move0
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x03
#raw 0xFE

#org @pokemon
givepokemon 0x4 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @3 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x828
msgbox @4 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 gosub @name
msgbox @5 0x6
return

#org @name
call 0x1A74EB
return

#org @3
= \v\h01 recieved a POKABU!

#org @4
= Would you like to give a nickname\nto POKABU?

#org @5
= POKABU: Poka-poka!

.Paradox

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 8, 2011
Look up a tut.

Anyways, here is mine. The error is is that it says unknown keyword "at" at line 26. I looked at it and its a blank space. I tried erasing it and still...

Code:
#dynamic 0x26D54A

#org @start
checkflag 0x1001
if 0x1 goto @done
applymovement 0x2 @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
call @pokemon
msgbox @2 0x6
applymovement 0x2 @move0
waitmovement 0x0
setflag 0x1001
release
end

#org @done
release
end

#org @1
= [blue_fr]Dad: \v\h01, Prof. Maple told me\nthat she had to go somewhere.\lShe felt bad that you couldn't get\la Pokemon of your choice, so she\lgave me a Pokabu from Isshu to\lgive to you.\pHere, \v\h01.

#org @2
= [blue_fr]It's a very special Pokemon,\n\v\h01.\pAnyways, you should challenge Gym\nLeader Angelica so you can get out\lof this town.\pBye, \v\h01.

#org @move
#raw 0x62
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0xFE

#org @move0
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x03
#raw 0xFE

#org @pokemon
givepokemon 0x4 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @3 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x828
msgbox @4 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 gosub @name
msgbox @5 0x6
return

#org @name
call 0x1A74EB
return

#org @3
= \v\h01 recieved a POKABU!

#org @4
= Would you like to give a nickname\nto POKABU?

#org @5
= POKABU: Poka-poka!

I just tried compiling it and it worked =X what editor are you using?

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
I am using PSKV

and I want to make a script in which you turn over three items
Spoiler:

but instead I get this.
most of it went through, but why did it change to \h7F v\H24
would the script still work the same way as I plan it to?

Spoiler:

.Paradox

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 8, 2011
I couldn't find a thread with sound offsets in it, so unless I was completely blind, I need help. Sort of.

This script works perfectly for me. I just need to know what to put to play the sound of a door opening or something that suits a pathway being revealed. Here's my script:

Spoiler:

I want it to happen after before setmaptile

Lollypop

Member since '07 <300 posts
Years
argh when i type up the script and put it onto my firered rom on a random npc. u hear a click sound and but no script. help!!

#dynamic 0x456734
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
release
end

#org @1
= Hi.\nMy name is Chris.

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
argh when i type up the script and put it onto my firered rom on a random npc. u hear a click sound and but no script. help!!

#dynamic 0x456734
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
release
end

#org @1
= Hi.\nMy name is Chris.

Try putting the #dynamic as 0x800000 and then copying the offset it gives you onto the player event. Also, don't use npcs that are already there, make new ones, and if that still doesn't work, try deleting the level scripts on the map if there are any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back