• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I'm sure it works because it worked on my level 100 shiny Charizard...hm, maybe I'm recalling it incorrectly? I first tried it on my shiny Latias, then I tried it on my shiny Charziard (who was at level 100 at the time), so I don't know why it isn't working.

Focusing on primarily Turtwig...I really want a shiny one!

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
I'm sure it works because it worked on my level 100 shiny Charizard...hm, maybe I'm recalling it incorrectly? I first tried it on my shiny Latias, then I tried it on my shiny Charziard (who was at level 100 at the time), so I don't know why it isn't working.

Wait now I`m totally confused....what are we talking about working????

anyways I have to work all day boo!!! but as soon as I'm off I'll be straight back to SR, I'm currently at 1035....well unless my bf drags me out to this party that I totally don't want to go too -_-

anyways hope everyone has a great day hunting for shinies.

The Graceful Assassin

Dispose Of The Betrayer....
Years

good luck with turtwig i think you will get it soon. i decided to keep up with my mudkip resets good luck all. also i do believe you need EXP to recieve EVs thats atleast what i have heard

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
I'm beginning to get Buneary syndrome with Misdreavus. I get to 5, 10, or 20, and then a Wurmple breaks it. What sucks is I have to wait 4 hours in order to just find Misdreavus again to begin with.. I should've been more careful but in the beginning of chains i tend to be a little wreckless to see what works and what doesn't, and try to get to 5 or 10 ASAP..

So now I'm playing Diamond, figuring out how to breed a special Chainer and Sleeper. Similarly to how I'll use Ninetails from now on to correspond with... stuff, and keep Breloom for serious business (Gligar), I want something that'll be cool to go with capturing shiny Buneary once I get there. That girl really likes Grovyle, and I play one in a PMD2 fandub, so I was going to breed one with Grasswhistle and put False Swipe on it.

But first I'll have to breed a female Treecko... and I kinda want a Jolly one that way I can put an Everstone on it for it to be a mock Synchronizer just in case I get a shiny one.

Yeah, definately big picture thoughts right there, huh? I always try to be prepared for anything and everything. =)

(Try to, anyway, I.E. Misdreavus. My friend Nick told me "wow that one took a while to catch")

Good luck everyone.... I hope I can finish Misdreavus soon.... I hate being stuck in these ruts, that's why I don't have as many species of shinies as I thought.

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
3 NEW SHINIES!!!! okay so I didn't really catch them myself I got them from someone doing spring cleaning but they are all legit so thats good, I got an eevee, glaceon, and arcanine =) and now i'm heading back up to SR for dialga...I had to let it kill me so i could blackout -_- but of well totally worth it!!! (she also helped me evolve my kadabra so yay!!!)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
I managed to chain a shiny zigzagoon at 28 and chain is still going at 38 so I'm close to resetting radar a bunch

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
I managed to chain a shiny zigzagoon at 28 and chain is still going at 38 so I'm close to resetting radar a bunch

Awesome! Good luck dude!

Still be cautious. I once lost a chain of Smeargle at 39. I was crushed.

I made it to 40 Zigzagoon, caught two, and then made a miss-step because my hands were sweaty.. o.o'

Just wish they could get Extremespeed.

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
Awesome! Good luck dude!

Still be cautious. I once lost a chain of Smeargle at 39. I was crushed.

I made it to 40 Zigzagoon, caught two, and then made a miss-step because my hands were sweaty.. o.o'

Just wish they could get Extremespeed.

I have a shiny zigzagoon with extremespeed :D shocked the hell out of me when it hatched i can tell ya.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
I have a shiny zigzagoon with extremespeed :D shocked the hell out of me when it hatched i can tell ya.

I wish I could hatch a shiny. Just once. Just to see what happens.

Cuz it didn't earlier with Treecko (I worked harder than I thought on and should have. = / ). I now have a Lv. 31 Grovyle but I switched back to Pearl to try and chain Misdreavus.
But... I dunno if it's just because I'm restless or just can't focus, I kept breaking the chain after just 2 Pokemon.

I think it's bad grass selection. It, 80% of the time, shows 3 patches, 1 uncommon/rare, and 2 common....

And then it's all over the walls.

Eterna's my favorite place to chain but this is ridiculous.

Anyway, back to the hatching, I don't know what I'd hatch. Shroomish? Sneasel? Those two were always on my list.

But in a way, I'd like for it to just be random.... although, however, I would like to at least set the nature and the rest of those breeding tricks.

I think too much about this stuff. :P
I hope I get to 40 Misdreavus soon. :(

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Been doing some Sring for a shiny Drifloon. I an also thinking about SRing for Regigigas but not sure if I will stick to it. I don't really like SRing that much. I would much rather chain or find them in the wild but Regigigas would be good and so would Drifloon. My least favourite way is hatching so I thin I will SR for them. Also Shiny Torchic still hasn't appeared so I am still hope full I will get that to.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
My chain ended up ending at 41, the shiny had gluttony so I was a little dissapointed at that I was hoping for pickup so I could lvl it to 100 and have an item fetcher

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I'm currently chaining for a shiny Gloom. I know I said I would be chaining for a shiny Weepinbell, but a Gloom appeared first, and I want shiny Victreebell and shiny Vileplume equally so...yeah!

Still hoping for a Drowzee swarm...I might just change my swarm, I really would like to get one before the Darkrai event!

Good luck, everyone.

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
MM is it posible you can teach me how to make the SHC banners. I would be glad to make them if i only knew how. Im currently learning how to make regular banners =D. I will love to learn how to make the SHC and again i would be glad make it for people who need to be updated.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Someone tell me what the heck is going on.

I keep losing chains. But I keep finding shiny Pokemon at low chain numbers.

After again many failed attempts with Buneary, I finally make it to 20, and whoops there it is, shiny grass.

So, hmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Of course, I have to enter it. It's not the farthest grass away, which concerns me a little. The grass selection was bad anyway, but...

However, this enlightens me just the same, so therefore, I must make an announcement to every member in the Shiny Hunter Hunters Club:

Keep trying. Never, ever, ever give up. Whatever you're doing, whether it be soft-resetting, chaining, hatching, or just going old-skool in the old games by just walking around...

Never give up.

You will eventually get it.

Now, I may or may not continue onward to make it to 40. But after many failed attempts, I will be able to say I have at least 1 shiny Buneary.

That is, if I'm able to catch it, but I have a False-Swiper with me which practically guarantees capture.

Good luck everyone with all your own attempts, and never give up.

This gives me the will to try to get Gligar later. This is what I needed. I may be failing hard at some times but it's given me willpower.

I realized what was wrong. I wasn't being safe enough. I had like 5 Buneary or Misdreavus at just 2000 steps. Is that good, or just foolhardy? It took me 40,000 steps to get 1 Venomoth because I was being extra careful (then I forgot to switch out my Butterfree or something, and lost the chain).

That's the way I'm gonna play it tonight. I'm going to play it like it's already 30, 35 Pokemon. Because with these two that I'm trying to get (and get more of), they're very tricky. It may be 20% encounter rate but it reminds me of Gligar. Seriously.

So, I'll catch my first shiny Buneary here in a minute. Since I record my captures (at least the first one anyway), I'm waiting for the right time for less interruptions and sounds. I'm in no hurry, I needed a break anyway, and I did the same with Corsola.

Good luck yawl!! (I need something better to say than that! GREAT luck!)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
I've been getting low chain shinies too, my manectric was at 20, so was one of the buizel, and ziggy was 28

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
ok, I caught the Buneary. It's got an Impish nature, which is actually ok lol. I'm just going to be careful now and try to ease my way to 40 because I'd prefer some Jolly ones.

It's funny, if I told this to the me about 2 years ago.... I'd be happy and not frustrated one bit. :P

Gotta focus. I may not do too much more tonight, cuz I have a bad headache. My Mom said I looked worn out. :P

I was just wondering, did anyone notice how on the Chain PokeTech App page, if you're in a chain, and enter a patch of grass, how it'll either fade out with the chain intact (meaning you've found your Pokemon again), or disappear real fast if the chain's broken?

I have a tip for those chainers who haven't witnessed the shiny grass all that much. I do recall someone somewhere else saying they mistook a shaking grass for a shiny patch.
Well, here's the thing:
Shiny patches do NOT shake at all!

They just sparkle, like so:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxvWhbwQqw

lol I'm so glad I was lucky enough to get that video of it. Blink blink, blink blink. Flicker, flicker. WHichever you choose to call it, the grass doesn't really move at all. If you look hard enough you'll also notice some Rare/Uncommon grass and the common grass, to compare them. =)

Good luck everyone

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
ok, I caught the Buneary. It's got an Impish nature, which is actually ok lol. I'm just going to be careful now and try to ease my way to 40 because I'd prefer some Jolly ones.

It's funny, if I told this to the me about 2 years ago.... I'd be happy and not frustrated one bit. :P

Gotta focus. I may not do too much more tonight, cuz I have a bad headache. My Mom said I looked worn out. :P

I was just wondering, did anyone notice how on the Chain PokeTech App page, if you're in a chain, and enter a patch of grass, how it'll either fade out with the chain intact (meaning you've found your Pokemon again), or disappear real fast if the chain's broken?

I have a tip for those chainers who haven't witnessed the shiny grass all that much. I do recall someone somewhere else saying they mistook a shaking grass for a shiny patch.
Well, here's the thing:
Shiny patches do NOT shake at all!

They just sparkle, like so:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxvWhbwQqw

lol I'm so glad I was lucky enough to get that video of it. Blink blink, blink blink. Flicker, flicker. WHichever you choose to call it, the grass doesn't really move at all. If you look hard enough you'll also notice some Rare/Uncommon grass and the common grass, to compare them. =)

Good luck everyone

Gosh thats I have 2 problems with chaining. If its the chain break i give up and tomorrow go to some other random pokemon. And when i get to high chainies my eyes hurt, my fingers are kinda sweaty(sry if its to much info),and i get nervous. Yea people tell me dont get nervouse but that dosent help just saying dont be nervous. I cant control that, some others might but i cant.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
So far today I got 1 shiny porygon, no idea on nature, and I'm still going for more

chain ended at 57, 1 shiny

it's hasty natured so I can work with it for wifi battles

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Congrats on the shiny. I haven't looked for one today. I will start looking later. For now though I am aiming to complete Phoenix Wright 1 as I forgot about it and only just remembered I am on the last mission. Once I have done that it is back to my chaining. So right now it is SRing for Torchic that I will do.

Back