• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I've been trying on and off to stop smoking for a long time now, but I'm not quite there yet. Nearly, though! I've cut down quite a lot this year and I didn't smoke that many before. It's much less tempting to smoke, I find, when you're living under the pressure of university fees. d:

I actually feel the same way :/
Except in my case it's college fees but ok xD

Honest

Hi!
Years
No one in my family smokes, which is a good thing I guess. My mother constantly asks if I get offered a smoke, so it's pretty evident they're against it.

Echidna

Years
No one in my family smokes, which is a good thing I guess. My mother constantly asks if I get offered a smoke, so it's pretty evident they're against it.

My mom did the same thing when I started smoking cause she was all suspicious and all that. I kept lying until I turned 18 :/
Now she knows. She doesn't like it, but she knows xD

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I've smoked cloves and Black and Milds a few times and tried a cigarette once when I was really drunk. Not a big fan of any of them. I don't like smoking.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
My mom smokes. She says she will try to quit but it never looks like she's actually trying because a day later she tells me to go out and get her some. I've done it so often that almost (if not) everyone at the gas station know who I am and never asks for my ID anymore. Sigh.

Echidna

Years
I've smoked cloves and Black and Milds a few times and tried a cigarette once when I was really drunk. Not a big fan of any of them. I don't like smoking.

I actually tried Apple Black & Milds once. They were pretty good if I may say so myself xD

Echidna

Years
It's true! I find smoking just.. one grand waste of money. I see no benefits, and you can put that money towards spa days or the gym to de-stress and it's much healthier for you to do it that way.

Luckily, my College has a free gym for students. It's actually an entire fitness center, with Tennis courts, Basketball courts, Baseball fields, swimming pools, a gym... etc.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I think smoking is just a waste of money and Im not a fan of the concept of putting tar and chemicals from the cigarettes into my body.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Luckily, my College has a free gym for students. It's actually an entire fitness center, with Tennis courts, Basketball courts, Baseball fields, swimming pools, a gym... etc.

Wow! That's pretty impressive actually! You should totally take advantage of that too! o_o Especially the fact that they have a pool- swimming is the best because it's gentle on the joints, and works muscle and flexibility as well as giving you cardio <3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
She should take up knitting or crocheting or something like that! Easy to bring along in a purse and she can experiment and practice and it gives her something to do, too!

@_@

Your advice isn't really going to be helpful here. She has her own food issues that she needs to work out; it's not a matter of "find a different hobby!"

Echidna

Years
I think smoking is just a waste of money and Im not a fan of the concept of putting tar and chemicals from the cigarettes into my body.

Not to mention Lead, which is terrible on the long run.
Wow! That's pretty impressive actually! You should totally take advantage of that too! o_o Especially the fact that they have a pool- swimming is the best because it's gentle on the joints, and works muscle and flexibility as well as giving you cardio <3
Hell I'm there all the time xD

Echidna

Years
sdfhadfghadfg

I really cannot wait until I get into college.

I wouldn't get my hopes up, my college only has that stuff because it's the second top college in Texas and the 17th in America or something around there xD

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Your advice isn't really going to be helpful here. She has her own food issues that she needs to work out; it's not a matter of "find a different hobby!"

Ah fair enough, and yeah you're right- for some people, battling with food is really difficult too ;o; I hope she finds her own way to work through it though <3

Pedro: that's great! I wish I took advantage of my school gym back at college, but oh well! Too late now haha!

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
My college has 4500 students and has an entire fitness center. Ofc, it doesn't have a baseball field that we can use (but we do have one for the team), and it also doesn't have a swimming pool.

Years
The college I went to (which is somewhere on the lower end of the top 100) had several fields and gyms, a track, a dance studio, basketball and tennis courts. All free for students to use. But it was also build on hills so just walking to class was a workout. I was never in better shape than when I was there.

Years
Oh my, I woke up with a knife in my back (Pokecommunity Assassin)

anyways, I smoke, but I've cut down quite alot this year, (I only have about 1 every couple of days). Unless I'm drinking of course, then I digivolve into a chain smoker. Drinking is fairly overrated. It's kinda a cuture thing where I come from though. So having a few beers every once in a while is just kinda a thing that's done around here ^_^ (we have more then enough of it, that's for sure)

The college I went to (breifly) had a fitness center, Swimming Pool, and Tennis Court. To be fair, there could of been more, but I never really explored Campus to much.

Echidna

Years
sdfhadfghadfg

I really cannot wait until I get into college.

My college has 4500 students and has an entire fitness center. Ofc, it doesn't have a baseball field that we can use (but we do have one for the team), and it also doesn't have a swimming pool.

The college I went to (which is somewhere on the lower end of the top 100) had several fields and gyms, a track, a dance studio, basketball and tennis courts. All free for students to use. But it was also build on hills so just walking to class was a workout. I was never in better shape than when I was there.

The college I went to (breifly) had a fitness center, Swimming Pool, and Tennis Court. To be fair, there could of been more, but I never really explored Campus to much.

Wow. Dipu, I stand corrected. You can get your hopes up! o_o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back