• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How's this sound?

Jelly

pineapple lumps
Years
The idea of Pokemon fanfiction intrigues me, frankly. I'd never heard of fanfiction before I came here, and after reading some (here and on fanfiction.net), I thought I might give it a go.

I've seen a few of what people refer to as OT fics, and they seem to be quite common, so I'm gonna steer away from that. What I'm picturing is this. A wild Pokemon gets adopted by a family. But before long, strange things start happening around the house. The wild Pokemon seems to be behaving oddly, and it emerges that the Pokemon is actually (insert random legendary here) stuck in the body of a small, helpless Pokemon, but it doesn't know it.

Beyond that, I don't know, but I'm working on it. What do you people think?

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
That sounds like a great and original idea. :D

A bit of advice: the legendary shouldn't be totally random. Make it believable that the Pokémon could get stuck inside another - for example, Darkrai or Cresselia. You should, as part of your planning, work out how the Pokémon got in there.

I'm looking forward to this. ^_^

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
^What Citrinin said. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, but if I did, it would be somewhat redundant. Welcome to PC and the Fan Fiction forum, by the way.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
I think as long as you pull everything together, and make it all make sense, than it should do well :)

Remember what makes sense to you, might not to someone else.

Perhaps developing the reason or the cause of the body switch might be a difficult part (who knows), but just don't forget that it should make sense ;D

Anyway, good luck.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
The idea of Pokemon fanfiction intrigues me, frankly. I'd never heard of fanfiction before I came here, and after reading some (here and on fanfiction.net), I thought I might give it a go.
Heh. Welcome to the world of FANFICTION then! If you're interested, there are various guides around here in the stickies, the Fanfiction Lounge to spam talk in, and have fun with your writing as well, I suppose.
I've seen a few of what people refer to as OT fics, and they seem to be quite common, so I'm gonna steer away from that.
OT fics = Original Trainer fics, and they aren't necessarily bad things. It's just that there's a large number of 'bad' OT fics, and they are by far the most popular kind - adds up to a lot of...well, subpar attempts. That, and it takes a fair bit of effort to write a story which is like the storyline of the games give or take various details or principles, and to keep it fresh (as everyone's seen the general idea before) and interesting. Nothing wrong with taking a different tack, definitely, but if done well they can be quite good.
What I'm picturing is this. A wild Pokemon gets adopted by a family. But before long, strange things start happening around the house. The wild Pokemon seems to be behaving oddly, and it emerges that the Pokemon is actually (insert random legendary here) stuck in the body of a small, helpless Pokemon, but it doesn't know it.

Beyond that, I don't know, but I'm working on it. What do you people think?
I quite like this idea, hve to say... interesting, haven't seen it before much (if at all?), and has some decent potential there as well. (Reminds me of the book 'Dogsbody' by Diana Wynne Jones if memory serves, though - if you want it might be a good idea to give that a read - could help you with ideas and all. It seems to share similarities on... all of those points listed, so yeah, should be of help. Not to mention it's a good book by an awesome writer =D).

As others have said, it depends on what you choose as the legendary Pokemon, and also why it is trapped in this Pokemon. That would need some explaining so that we as the readers can believe it, rather than think 'what the heck' over it. Should be all too hard given a legendary Pokemon was involved and all.

As well as that, explore how the other characters (such as the people) react to the happenings... also might be a good idea to decide the exact genre - I can see for instance this taking a comedy track in parts (such as these 'strange things happening)... say, a flying Magikarp of a Sentret breathing fire would offer potential for that. Work out the plot more or less roughly, brainstorm ideas... and good luck, really - looks like a pretty good idea. I think you should run with it. =)

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
bobandbill said:
Sentret breathing fire
Where have I heard this before? I can't find the original post where I saw it . . .

And I may have to read Dogsbody myself. I like Diana Wynne-Jones.

And like bobandbill said, it looks like a great idea. I'll review it when you post it, eh?

Back