• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Are you talking about this?
rumor2.png

They are awfull IMO.They look like pigs and they are most likely fake.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
I don't see any discussion about that but...that happens to be a pretty interesting photo. o.o; Let's hope it doesn't turn out to be a fake like the apparent scan of that black/yellow bird and the bug looking thing. x_x

I mean, they don't really look that bad...the pre-evo looks a bit meh, the evo looks better.

These are the zangoo's pre evo and evo.
I dont really like them plus the pre evo looks like a mankey

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Also, Marill has an evolution, so the Pikachu Clones do have at least one that evolved. Marill is the supposed Pikachu Clone for Gen 2 despite it being water typed, its still an elemental mouse and was originally the mascot for Gen 2.

But Pichu was the official mascot of Gen 2 and the supposed Pikachu clone.

As for pairs that evolve without the other evolving, Jynx didn't get an evolution when she was part of a trio with Electabuzz and Magmar. People have sense written her out, but she was part of that trio. Gloom got a split evolution while Weepinbel didn't, and like the Jynx/Magmar/Electabuzz trio, they were an unofficial pair.

Some will argue that Jynx was never part of the trio to begin with because of her gender as 100% female and her secondary type, unlike Magmar and Electabuzz, who have a 50/50 gender ratio and are mono-types.

You also have Dusclops who evolved in Gen 4 while his supposed pair Bannett didn't get an evolution. So they've done this a few times. Its not something unheard of.

Zangoose getting add ons doesn't mean much other than Zangoose gets an add on. He's not in a pair with Seviper rather he's a rival to seviper. They can still evolve without one another.

GF will eventually give the other pair an evolutions a few generations later, which is something the fans are anticipating for. So we'll eventually get our Weepinbel split evo, Skarmory pre-evo, and Bannette evo.

Years
A Zangoose evo would be pretty cool, but I'd rather Seviper got one. Zangoose looks intimidating as is, but Seviper just looks silly, and has so much potential to evolve into cool looking. Although I'd be so cool with them giving Absol + Zangoose + Seviper evolutions and revealing it in the same scan.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
But Pichu was the official mascot of Gen 2 and the supposed Pikachu clone.
No it wasn't. Marill was used for promotions and was even a new Main character's Pokemon (Tracy). Pichu also cannot be a clone as its a direct form of Pikachu being its pre-evolved form. Unlike the others who were in no way related to Pikachu other than by design and type.

Some will argue that Jynx was never part of the trio to begin with because of her gender as 100% female and her secondary type, unlike Magmar and Electabuzz, who have a 50/50 gender ratio and are mono-types.

And those same people would have been the ones to say that she was part of the trio before Generation 4. She has always been treated as part of the trio up until Generation 4 where players then complained about her not getting an evolution with them and then accepted that maybe she wasn't part of that group. She was part of the group and then Gamefreak wrote her out just as they do with all unofficial pairs

GF will eventually give the other pair an evolutions a few generations later, which is something the fans are anticipating for. So we'll eventually get our Weepinbel split evo, Skarmory pre-evo, and Bannette evo.

They haven't done so since Generation 2 for Weepinbel. How can you say that they will? GF may decide to do nothing but new Pokemon for every generation after this. There is nothing that gives concrete proof that once they've broken fan made pairs that they'll bring them back together. Especually since they are as I just said, fan made pairs. None of them are official. The only ones Gamefreak has recognized as pairs are Plusel and Minun, Nidoran♀ and Nidoran♂, and Illimise and Volbeat. Two of which can breed with one another and the other directly influences one another.

All other pairs don't really mean much to Gamefreak since they don't recognize them as such.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
On top of Xander's great explanation, just because the fans see a pattern doesn't mean that Game Freak is intending one to be there, or that it's just anything that very well mayb be coincidence. Yes, I'm one of the people that saw Jynx as part of a trio. Clearly Game Freak didn't care, as it wasn't given an evolution in Generation Four. They don't have to go back and create things as fan service just because we see a pattern that they weren't intending to be there. It's the same thing with creating links between things. Sure, Luvdisc and Alomomola look similar, and a lot of people think they should be linked. Doesn't mean that it's going to happen just because players want it to.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Just thought I'd bring in a different topic to make things interesting:

Do any of you remember Amity Square? For those of you that don't, it's basically a little area in 4th generation that allows you to walk with your Pokemon, and your Pokemon would actually come out of your Pokeball, and you would actually interact with it! Sort of a Follow Me feature for those games, as a lot of you would call it.

Would you like something like this to appear in the games? o:
As they expanded on this in HG/SS to make it the entire game, I most definitely want this to return, as I loved that aspect of the game. I doubt it will in this case, however.

Cyclone

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hmm. I like the idea of all of them coming out while in town. Or at least a second or third. Fainted Pokémon would stay in their balls.

Why could they all come out? They could go to designated landmarks for each type while in town (like water types hopping in for a swim). When you leave, they all return to their balls except the leader, who stays with you the entire time.

That would be complex, however.

Cyclone

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I don't see what's so complex about letting out a bunch of Pokemon and having them go out for a swim/walk/whatever, really. o.o; It's only a matter of whether GF just kind of feels like doing it or not.
No. Not that. Complex programming-wise. :) Meaning they won't do it.

Cyclone

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Eh, I dunno. I mean, it'd seem like a plausible thing to do, right? But it's just a thought is all. I believe that the more interaction you have with your Pokemon, the better, actually. How they feel, their general moods, things of that nature, I suppose. @_@; I don't think it's something that'd be difficult considering they achieved similar with HG/SS but it was with one of your own Pokemon instead of all six.
The problem is that if they did something where all Pokémon came out, generally they'd have to follow one behind the other. And you can't easily interact with all of them. It makes sense to have only one, unless they all come out when you get to the city and scatter. That might make rival or storyline battles in a city useless, however, unless they are designed for one Pokémon to be able to fight (especially in early cities).

I want to see one, and select areas where they all can come out, but not the entire game.

Cyclone

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
This would be pretty cool, especially since they would all be in 3D!
And when they come out of their pokeballs, maybe interacting with them would cause their happiness to increase or something? That way it could also have a gameplay value.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Yeah, except the problem with that is that it's pretty difficult to imagine a pre-evolution for a squirrel...I mean, yeah, the obvious idea would be a baby squirrel, but what about Emolga? I mean, logically speaking, it should've been (insert pre-evo here)---> Pachirisu ---> Emolga. x_X

Or…couldn't it be a split evolution? Besides, shouldn't we mention this part of our discussion in the Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation thread?

Oh, wait; this explains it:

Gamefreak themselves said no Pokemon from Generation 5 has any tie into the generations before. You'll just have to accept that they aren't related.

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
If we're only talking about an Amity Square area, then I guess I could see having multiple Pokémon out at once, since it's a contained area and your Pokémon wouldn't be running off anywhere. If it's in the general game area (towns, cities, routes), then oh god no. That's just a mess waiting to happen, as finding your Pokémon anywhere around the city could take forever if they somehow get into a place where you can't see their model anymore =x

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Thought I'd bring up a separate topic too~!

About Mystery Gift...we usually use it for wi-fi events and the like, but how else would you like to see it utilized? Perhaps we could exchange actual gifts between friends, even more so since Streetpass might be used in the games. What do you guys think?

That's what it originally was like in Gold and Silver. You could link up with your friends once a day and give them a random item. I used to force my brother to Mystery Gift with me so I could get some furniture for my room in Silver.

Gen 3 it changed to where you couldn't do that but if you recieved a Mystery Gift item like Mew's Sea Chart or the tickets to catch Lugia/Ho-oh/Lati@s from New York the 1 time they did it. You could give those to a friend through Mystery Gift. Gen 4 was when they took majority of the connection between away. Some Wonder Cards (in japan) allow players to redistribute the event Pokemon, but we never got any like that here sadly.

I wouldn't mind it going back to random item through Spot pass though.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I think in Gen 4 they might have originally planned the sharing of events that way, but they decided not to implement it for some reason for all events, it still would be nice to share Wonder Cards that way in Gen 6 though, move of a chance to get events and less chance of missing them maybe, though you'd have to carry your 3DS with you wherever you went so maybe not.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It's funny because there's a section in the game that mentions sharing the wonder cards in BW...so it's still in generation V, only there's no way to actually make it work...at least not for the Worldwide versions, someone told me it works for Japan however...It'll be nice if they carried that over to our versions, especially since it's a worldwide release :3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back