• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
She should. It would be awesome to see the results of that. I mean, if people are dumb enough to miss it... well, then, they can all just burn. It'll save time on warnings, too. XD

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
Like Popwar Bunny said, if the Pokemon plays an absolutely minor role, then I guess it'd be okay to post it here. However, if the Pokemon happens to be a main character, then it belongs in the other fanfiction section.

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses

The one you hate to love. :P
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 29, 2017
I am currently writing a novel, ( In the other writing section title Dark Caliber) And I am hoping on feedback on it.

The summary pretty much is this:

Jadon Valentine, a Latino Foreigner from Barcelona Spain comes to Texas in search of his brother who hasn't been returning calls or E-mails in the last few months. Jadon, however is not aware that while he is searching for his brother, two mysterious characters are searching for him, and a complete third party is about to unleash a viral assault on Houston for retribution to a crime commited against the leader of the third party, which in terms is rather a terrorist society.

So in his search, Jadon will have more to worry about then his brother, mostly survival or just outliving the ones remaining.

Enter Dark Caliber, a thrilling Survival horror story with an ending that will leave you hungering for more.

Intresting? Yes or no?

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
I'm more a fantasy/sci-fi kind of guy, but your fic does sound interesting. I might get to reading it one day, but no guarantees.

Ichikool

D/P Lover
Years
  • Age 32
  • NY
  • Seen Feb 26, 2018
Well I've returned to PC with an idea, I've decided to start writing again. Nobody knows me as a writer though, nobody here really knows me here at all.
I'm thinking about writing a Gary Oak one-shot, cuz I've got a few good ideas for one. But I've never writen a one-shot before, so I've been reading a few lately. Any tips on one-shots? Anybody? ~

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Well I've returned to PC with an idea, I've decided to start writing again. Nobody knows me as a writer though, nobody here really knows me here at all.
I'm thinking about writing a Gary Oak one-shot, cuz I've got a few good ideas for one. But I've never writen a one-shot before, so I've been reading a few lately. Any tips on one-shots? Anybody? ~

Man, this is like asking for tips on writing a story in general. Not that this is a bad thing or anything. It's just a hard question without knowing specifics or writing the story for you.

I guess there's a few tips I can give:

1. Write until the story's finished, even if it means writing twenty or more pages. Sometimes, when I'm writing a one-shot, I get this nagging feeling that the story's supposed to be short. Not sure if anyone else gets the same nagging feeling, but if you do, just ignore it. Quality over quantity applies even here, and if you don't like how the story is in three pages, see how it looks in six.

2. You're writing about Gary. I'm not sure how much time you've spent with the character, but either way, now that you have your cast, figure him out as much as possible. Watch the episodes in which he appears if you're writing in the animeverse, for example. Read Toshihiro Ono's volumes again, for another. In general, get to know him before writing about him. Sometimes, the one thing that can really screw up a one-shot (or a story in general -- but especially a one-shot because you can't fix it in later chapters) is not getting the character right.

3. Same tips apply for a longer story. Proofread, read it aloud, be careful and make sure your story makes sense, that sort of thing.

Long story short, you'll be fine if you really sit down and be careful about writing.

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
Years
  • Age 29
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
Wait a minute! My pairing is only legal in Switzerland!? Why teh hellz aren't I in Switzerland then!?

Oh yeah, I'm back. And for good this time, not my emo on and off back. :D

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Wowsers. I never noticed noone said anything.

Latest close:
Aaron's Adventure. Fic was terrible in it's own right but it was bumped.
And the comment?
This.
xD

That was random. Oh, we like to type a lot so this section exists.
Oh well, back to having no life.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
This lounge needs a defibrillator.

Charging...clear! *zaps lounge*

Now for something that will make this post not a complete waste: When is that corpse finally going to finish dying? I imagine we're all itching to see how grotesque it looks altogether.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
When is that corpse finally going to finish dying? I imagine we're all itching to see how grotesque it looks altogether.

Soon soon. I'm in the middle of finishing the last part, if that even makes sense.

My segment alone is actually at seven pages right now. I'm certainly being thorough, though what good that will do I have no idea. I was fed a difficult line, though.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
My segment alone is actually at seven pages right now. I'm certainly being thorough, though what good that will do I have no idea. I was fed a difficult line, though.

Sorry? XD

Well, in any case, the end's job is to finish up no matter what, so I can wait. Although it would be amusing to see how far we've derailed the story.

In the meantime, editing chapter one of my new baby. And kinda writing chapter five. (I swear, I'll get to Midsummer Knights eventually. But... but... Bill's naked in these chapters! Technically! ;_;)

Incidentally, anyone have any ideas for new topic starters? I'm starting to miss those guys, and I haven't had any odd questions that I can think of. XD

Except maybe this one, for the sake of ego stroking:

Which of your characters are you the most attached to? What's the story behind their creation?

Note: I don't mean, "What is the actual story that they're in?" I mean, "What or who inspired their creation? How did you manage to come up with anything like them?"

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
Years
Thank you, and as it should. Mal Reynolds is one of the sexiest men in the 'verse.
Yes, he is. Particularly so when he's dying in one way or another.

Which of your characters are you the most attached to? What's the story behind their creation?
Ah, there are so many to choose from.

Razor (Scyther) - what made Scyther one of my favorite Pokémon. Written into chapter ten (or well, eleven at the time) of The Quest for the Legends on a whim (or well, because Scyther seemed like something a particular character would have), loved him so much after his one scene there that I had to make him a permanent character, and ended up giving him a tragic past which I then wrote a whole fic about.

Shadowdart - originally just one of Razor's friends, but after writing about him in Scyther's Story and knowing what would later become of him, I grew very, very attached to him, and the primary reason I wanted to write The Fall of a Leader was that I wanted to write more of him.

Chaletwo - Oh, I love him to bits. He has the most interesting creation story of all my characters, I believe: the first inkling of what would later become him was a parody of entries in a fake Pokémon contest that all seemed to say their Pokémon was the most powerful ever and rarer than Mew and Celebi put together. What with there being only one of Mew and Celebi as far as my personal canon interpretation is concerned, this would make their Pokémon less than one whole Pokémon, and I randomly came up with a Pokémon that actually can do this: it travels through time so that it only exists for a few seconds every year. My first mental image of it looked like a dark Celebi; I'm not sure when I fused it with my silly creation of a Mewtwo with glowy eyes that kill anybody who looks into them, but eventually I did, resulting in a legendary Pokémon that looks exactly like Mewtwo but has more powers. Of course, that was written into The Quest for the Legends as I was starting it, along with every other stupid fake legendary concept I had ever come up with. And then later, when I had gained some sense, I figured "Chaletwo" needed some major backstory to explain why the hell one legendary Pokémon would look exactly the same as another, and came up with the entire current main plot of the fic just so I could get that to make some kind of sense.

Bay

Years

I would have to say Bunny. I wanted to write a character that's obessed with artifacts and then later while writing NE I then make her not talk in contractions (she thinks of herself as a very mature person). XD

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2011
All of them. xD But here's the three I love the most;

Fuega - Well, duh. The cynical, pessimistic Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard who stars in MNIF is VERY special to me. Of all of the fics I work on right now, MNIF is the oldest (preceded only by a crappy Suefic that I quickly discarded.) When I decided that I wanted to write a story about a Starter Pokemon (having seen so many fics about rookie Trainers that didn't develop the Pokemon whatsoever), I invented Fuega for the role of protagonist. I wasn't a huge fan of Squirtle or Bulbasaur at the time, and was going through a dragon phase, so Charmander seemed the obvious choice. Looking back, I'm glad it was. ^^

Palkia - The Palkia from The Sixth Warrior (currently being rewritten, so it's not posted anywhere yet) is actually a bit more dear to me than his human friend...he is a fictional interpretation of my Palkia in Pearl Version, who has a Modest nature. At first, he was just...an immensely powerful Pokemon, but after countless revisions, he has gained a calm, thoughful, and gentle personality, and serves to display the effects that Kalia's revelations have had on her by making her cold and entirely stoic character more prominent.

Scorch - There is a LONG story behind the Delta Arcanine. At first, he was a supporting character in that old Suefic that was my first Pokemon story. When that idea was discarded, I held on to Scorch and his almost-brother Lugia, simply because they were the best characters in that entire story. Since then, Scorch has become a pivotal part of my writing, serving as my voice of calm reason, an inspirational muse for plot and concept, a partner to my online-self-turned-character Aqua, AND the source of my username; Aqua059, a name I first chose to use on FFnet when I discovered that AquaArcanine was taken.

An-chan

Whoops.
Years

Does it have to be from a fanfic? I'm so new with this I've only written one, so there's not much to choose from. That wouldn't be a difficult pick, though.

It it doesn't have to be from a fanfic, then I have this character called Neton whom I absolutely adore and who has a real story behind him. He's from a story that doesn't have a name yet, but I've written 72 A4-sized pages of that story, and it's going to be a real book someday (I wish). Originally it did not have this boy called Neton, but then I first met my boyfriend and he inspired me into writing this character in.

Physically Neton appears very manly: he has longish dark hair and dark eyes and he's tall. Emotionally, however, he's a bit unstable and is easily hurt, which makes talking with him a real pain at the beginning. The name was originally supposed to be Nemos, a cross between Neji (a character from Naruto, supposedly a genius) and the nick my boyfriend used in irc. I didn't like that name so I changed it to Neton. Besides, my boyfriend-to-be didn't know it was based on him and I wanted to keep it a secret! :nervous:

Neton lives in a village where people can do magic. As a kid, he was a true genius with magic, but then he lost all his abilities due to a trauma his sister (the ultimate antagonist) caused him. So he slowly withdrew himself of the rest of the society and started inventing little machines and researching physics in order to be able to do what everyone else did, but in his own way. He thinks about things a lot and has read many books. His handwriting is absolutely horrible, but he's skilled with his bow and arrows.
I really really really like him.
...I wonder how he'd do in the Pokémon world...? :cheeky:

If it has to be from a fic, then Adan. He's going to grow up to be one fine man, I think. He's a little bit of a wuss, but in the end, he's a balanced and sensible person. A lot more sensible than any other characters in that fic, I think. I want to write more about him, so I'm thinking about writing a sequel to Journey to Isle of Jade.

That was one funny fic, though, because even though Cimi was supposed to be the protagonist, I think Adan ended up as one. At least the story revolves around him. I think that's enough proof that he truly is my favourite. :laugh: I like Pichu and Kirlia, too, though. I hope I had invented nicknames for them. Maybe I'll write that fic again and add in nicknames for them...

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years

It'd have to be tie between Lilith, Lucy and Silk (only Asty probably knows who this is), but that's because their personalities are so similar (I did this on purpose). I always enjoyed writing characters that were care-free and lived for the moment. Not many of my characters are based off real people.

txteclipse

The Last
Years

Mmm. Muy dificile. I have a lot that I'm getting attached to...

Ren: one of the main characters of the Eon Chronicles and the first one introduced. He was endowed with the majority of my character traits (all of my characters have at least one of my character traits), including over-thinking things, disliking confrontations, being occasionally emotional (lol), and having a deep-rooted sense of justice. He also gets to do things I wish I could. XD Aside from all of that, he has a certain past life experience that is basically an ongoing problem in my own life, but in disguise. His brother died saving his life when he was eleven, and he struggles with that a lot. My brother is fully paralyzed, and I struggle in a similar way. We both sometimes wonder if it's our fault, and have to deal with knowing what life could have been like had our respective situations never occurred. /outpouring of soul XD

Latias: second of the main characters in the Eon Chronicles. She's kind of where I would like to be personality-wise. She's based off of a Latias I caught in Sapphire strangely enough, one with a "brave" nature and that likes spicy food. A lot of my readers are probably just now understanding things that they were scratching their heads at before. Anyways, she is very sympathetic (empathic would be a better term, actually), which helps out Ren a lot with his difficult past. She's also somewhat chill, which is another of my personality traits. However, she can be a bit rash at times when it comes to dangerous situations.

Kairn: the black sheep of the bunch. He starts off as a bully, then abandons his Houndour after it gets injured, seeing it as weak. After coming to his senses and realizing that his pokemon is the only thing he has left (he's homeless), he ventures out into the winter world to find it, and almost dies in the process. Kairn is an interesting figure: he's kind of Ren's anti-thesis, although this hasn't come into play much yet. He has to deal with the prospect of becoming an important figure in the struggle against the predominant evil force in the world while having a predisposition to being a bit of a rebel himself. However, there's a lot of situations that delve into whether he's bad or good at heart (him hating killing things is a good example, as is the Houndour incident).

Latios: the enigma wrapped in a conundrum and slathered in mystery sauce. He's the definition of "regal," although he has no political status. He's unbelievably steady when it comes to emotions (except for occasional outbursts of anger), and always seems to have a good answer for everything. He also has the most developed sense of right and wrong in the group: seeing as he's paired with Kairn, this creates some friction. He is also very strong when it comes to fighting. However, his origins are completely unknown: every Latias and Latios must learn from the Eon Chronicles before they hatch (via their telepathic abilities), and he doesn't remember his teacher.

Mewtwo: the main character of R-9WM "Mastermind." She's the result of years of horrific gene splicing experiments and all the rest of that flavor text provided in the games. I don't know if this is a spoiler per-se, but I'll treat it as such.
Spoiler:

EDIT: *Watches tumbleweed roll by* So...should I be keeping the Corpse to a certain rating? I'm trying to stay PG-13 but I'm wondering if I should tone it down some. I have a taste for dark elements.

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
O.o
Well, it would be so lovely to say:
Ho-oh's light shone through the dark cave as...
The Skarmory's beak sliced through the bleeding carcass of the dead Rattata.
Indeed it would be a great death of a bleeding carcass of the dead fanfiction.

And, hang on, why is it seven pages? Didn't Jax say something about 1 page in Times New Roman 12 font?

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years

Yeah, since I haven't updated "Thief in the Night" in a while I know it looks like I've forgotten about it but I haven't. I'm just taking an abnormally long time to finish the chapter is all.

Gale Fortunado: Gale is probably the embodiment of my own immaturity. I thought about everything I could possibly put into a "thief-as-hero" character while making him consistent- both positive and negative character traits- and put it into him. The result was a lot of fun, since Gale's hedonistic attitude makes it really easy for me to identify with what he'd say or do in a given situation, and his love of adventure somewhat justifies some of the jet-setting I'm planning for him. His love of ancient history is one of those things I added in simply to avoid having him boxed into the label of "lovably stupid", because while Gale may not be a brilliant tactician he's definitely not an idiot, and the story calls on him to be smart more than once. It also helped justify the nicknames of his Pokemon, since I couldn't stand naming them anything else. They popped into my head with these names, and they're stuck with 'em. Gale's name (or nickname, I suppose I should say) is the result of writing fanfiction right after watching Black Cat. Like Train, Gale's name is meant to have the connotation of being someone who isn't stationary, and likes to tear through things like a hurricane.

Augustus: He's me. Gale may be immaturity, but Augustus takes the prize for being the closest thing in my fanfics to a blatant self-insert. He and I have a similar sense of humor, both of us have a rather dim view of human nature, and we even have similar tastes in music (I like to imagine Augustus enjoying theatre as well, but not for the same reasons I do). Just about the only thing that separates us is species, since he's a Pidgeot and I'm not. Of course, that's a pretty big distinction, and results in one of the few differences in opinion we have- being a Pokemon, he really doesn't understand the concept or importance of human history, since what's past is past, and he also has problems with things like buildings and novels that are purely human creations. That's not to say that he resents them, however, it's more like he's confused that they exist in the first place. Augustus spends most of his time trying to keep Gale from getting himself killed, and why he chose to partner with Gale in the first place is a matter best left to Augustus himself to explain. It might be, as Gale suggests, that he secretly does enjoy the thrill of constant adventure. Or he might just really like being around Gale. Whatever the reason, he's along for the ride, and out of all of the characters he stands the best chance of sticking it out to the end.

General Michael: He wasn't in the fic's original draft, and when he appeared it was in a sudden fit of inspiration. His motives are shady, his skills are formidable, and not even I'm sure what he's up to. Out of all of my characters, the good General seems to be the most interesting to me, since I can't figure out where the hell he came from or why he decided to replace the original character I had filling his spot. He and Gale have some sort of past, but what it is exactly remains to be seen. He fancies himself a ladykiller, and he's probably more than a little lewd, but I don't think that's going to have much of an impact on his role in the story. I think a little of Jenos Hazard rubbed off on him when he was first drafted, whether that's a good thing or not.

Laertes and Aristophanes: The other members of Gale's band of thieves. I don't know how I came up with them, or why, beyond pure necessity. Their backstories aren't important to the plot, so I may never get a chance to explore them, which is a pity since figuring out exactly how a Scizor with a closet inferiority complex and a Rhydon with an innappropriate Scottish accent joined up with a hedonist thief and his disgruntled Pidgeot. These guys aren't particularly loyal to Gale though, so only time will tell if they follow him to the story's end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back